Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's 4 months now

Hybrid View

1. Default It's 4 months now

And I think that the game is a huge disappointment.
    I didn't want to admit it at the start because it was great to have everybody golf on ps4. But all the initial hope and excitement has left me and the game is just plain dull and annoying. Heres why.....

Custom clubs - who even wanted these introduced to the game? Does the game need them? They ruin the golf experience of the game by making most par 4s driveable off the tee making it just a boring game of pitch n putt and producing rediculously low scores. I personally think that Sony thought these up as a way of squeezing micro payments from players, without a care as to what it will actually do for the game. It certainly does not enhance the game.

Farming - what an absolute joke. A golf game where you have to waste hours collecting coins and gems to get clubs that spoil the game? Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to introduce that to the game???? Totally not needed

Online graded tournaments - where the feck are they??? These were by far the best feature of the previous titles and the main reason for buying the game. Who in their right mind would bring out a new game and think it's a good idea to remove the best bit?! Can you imagine the reaction if a new call of duty came out and didn't have the best online features! It's never gonna happen because they are not STUPID. The current tournament set up (once a bloody month) is a joke. 2 rounds of golf in 6 days is pointless.

Courses/greens - can't put my finger on it, but the courses just feel easier and a little less imaginative compared to previous?

I do like the open courses and I liked the idea of fishing. However I thought that the open courses and fishing would basically act as waiting lobbies as per previous titles while we all wait for whatever tournaments we were signed up to so you can practice, talk to friends or go fishing for a bit of fun.

Home area - what's the point?
    Character building - a good new addition to be fair

Sorry to waffle on, but I am so frustrated that this game is so poor when it could have been so fantastic. All they had to do was give us the best bits of the previous titles with the added benefit and power of the ps4 along with a global server for amazing all day graded tournaments. But sadly I feel we have a rushed game developed by people who did not consider what the people who were going to buy the game actually wanted. For me it's a disaster

Normally if you purchase something sub standard you can complain. But how do you complain about a sub standard ps4 game??? Feels like they can get away with selling a poor game with no consequence.

2. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Quote Originally Posted by mtoftheshire View Post
    And I think that the game is a huge disappointment.
    I didn't want to admit it at the start because it was great to have everybody golf on ps4. But all the initial hope and excitement has left me and the game is just plain dull and annoying. Heres why.....

Custom clubs - who even wanted these introduced to the game? Does the game need them? They ruin the golf experience of the game by making most par 4s driveable off the tee making it just a boring game of pitch n putt and producing rediculously low scores. I personally think that Sony thought these up as a way of squeezing micro payments from players, without a care as to what it will actually do for the game. It certainly does not enhance the game.

Farming - what an absolute joke. A golf game where you have to waste hours collecting coins and gems to get clubs that spoil the game? Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to introduce that to the game???? Totally not needed

Online graded tournaments - where the feck are they??? These were by far the best feature of the previous titles and the main reason for buying the game. Who in their right mind would bring out a new game and think it's a good idea to remove the best bit?! Can you imagine the reaction if a new call of duty came out and didn't have the best online features! It's never gonna happen because they are not STUPID. The current tournament set up (once a bloody month) is a joke. 2 rounds of golf in 6 days is pointless.

Courses/greens - can't put my finger on it, but the courses just feel easier and a little less imaginative compared to previous?

I do like the open courses and I liked the idea of fishing. However I thought that the open courses and fishing would basically act as waiting lobbies as per previous titles while we all wait for whatever tournaments we were signed up to so you can practice, talk to friends or go fishing for a bit of fun.

Home area - what's the point?
    Character building - a good new addition to be fair

Sorry to waffle on, but I am so frustrated that this game is so poor when it could have been so fantastic. All they had to do was give us the best bits of the previous titles with the added benefit and power of the ps4 along with a global server for amazing all day graded tournaments. But sadly I feel we have a rushed game developed by people who did not consider what the people who were going to buy the game actually wanted. For me it's a disaster

Normally if you purchase something sub standard you can complain. But how do you complain about a sub standard ps4 game??? Feels like they can get away with selling a poor game with no consequence.
    Amen to that !

Default Re: It's 4 months now

What’s even more sad is there’s nobody to complain to. Clap Hanz pawns it off on Sony and good luck even getting in touch with someone there.

4. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Everything you said it true.

5. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Simply put I like the game the way it is. If you don't that's okay, but why do you keep playing it if it is a source of major frustration. It is a different game than Hot Shots and some of us players like the international tournaments. If you liked Hot Shots 5,6 and 7 they are still available, though you'll probably find yourself playing alone. I am continually amazed at how most people resist change in their lives and gaming......thank goodness some developers don't want to keep living or playing in the past. Happy New Year to all who will let the New Year bring change!

6. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Quote Originally Posted by buckpasser View Post
    Simply put I like the game the way it is. If you don't that's okay, but why do you keep playing it if it is a source of major frustration. It is a different game than Hot Shots and some of us players like the international tournaments. If you liked Hot Shots 5,6 and 7 they are still available, though you'll probably find yourself playing alone. I am continually amazed at how most people resist change in their lives and gaming......thank goodness some developers don't want to keep living or playing in the past. Happy New Year to all who will let the New Year bring change!
    I agree that change is a good thing when there is clear improvement and progression. However change for change sake is not a good thing when in my opinion the changes are at the detriment of the game. I would be interested to know what changes you think have improved this version of the game?
    The reason I'm frustrated is because the game franchise has been fantastic for many years, and produces the most addictive golf games ever, however this version is certainly not as addictive and fun.
    I got a number of my friends to purchase this game for the first time with stories of amazing fun online graded tournaments. Guess what. None of them touch it now and they think it's rubbish
    But each to their own is fine with me

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
    What might be right for you, may not be right for some."

....but seriously no graded tours is the most ridiculous thing Sony/Crap Handz could have done, it was the life blood of the game. Unless of course its a deliberate ploy to close down Crap Handz and the series once and for all in which case it's a genius way to milk a little extra cash out of the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennGolfer#1 View Post
    I agree with everything you’re saying, I want tours too. But the facts and what you’re saying are two different things unfortunately. The fact is about 300,000 people bought the game, and only about 30 thousand if that go online. So the lifeblood of the series is actually people buying it, playing it once or twice, and it collecting dust on their shelf.

P.S. tell that lovely young lady that now she has something to ban me for. Thanks!
    But 299,999 of that 300,000 bought the game expecting graded tours*.

* I can't actually prove that figure but as 3,456,786 facts out of every 100 are made up I'm running with it.

9. Default Re: It's 4 months now

There is nothing wrong with the international tournaments- they just need to run continuously not like a special event type thing. I do agree some people are too rigid with either having graded tournaments exactly the way they used to be or they won't play the game at all. But once you do everything else in the game there just isn't much else to besides wait a month for the next tournament. They need something that resembles an ongoing tour with multiple round events that happen every week or at least twice a month. While this isn't a golf simulation by any means, most pro or even amateur golfers play more than 2 rounds of tournament play a month.

10. Default Re: It's 4 months now

You are the first person to say anything like this. Most of us still play because we hope someday it will get better. Other than that, it's disappointing. It's actually sad they thought no graded tours was a good idea but turf wars was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast