Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's 4 months now

Default Re: It's 4 months now

Quote Originally Posted by GlennGolfer#1 View Post
    I agree with everything you’re saying, I want tours too. But the facts and what you’re saying are two different things unfortunately. The fact is about 300,000 people bought the game, and only about 30 thousand if that go online. So the lifeblood of the series is actually people buying it, playing it once or twice, and it collecting dust on their shelf.

P.S. tell that lovely young lady that now she has something to ban me for. Thanks!
    But 299,999 of that 300,000 bought the game expecting graded tours*.

* I can't actually prove that figure but as 3,456,786 facts out of every 100 are made up I'm running with it.

2. Default Re: It's 4 months now

So what possible reason do you guys think that claphanz/Sony (no-one knows) completely did away with graded online tours when they must surely have known that that's what most people would be buying the game for. I have never known anything like it with any other game ever???!!! It's just plain bizarre

3. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Quote Originally Posted by mtoftheshire View Post
    So what possible reason do you guys think that claphanz/Sony (no-one knows) completely did away with graded online tours when they must surely have known that that's what most people would be buying the game for. I have never known anything like it with any other game ever???!!! It's just plain bizarre
    Probably the person who made the decision doesn't even play the games. Just look at the international tour and how it's blasted in your face in your home area. To me it's just a slap in the face. A one week qualifier?

Quote Originally Posted by mtoftheshire View Post
    They probably use some massive data centre somewhere that charges £££££££££££'s per Gb, processor and licences. All money that the finance dept (that has never played a game in their lives) realised they can save by scaling down to one poxy minimum spec world server for hosting open courses and a tournament per month!

No doubt a little bit down the line they will release a new character or course and wonder why no-one has bothered buying it then use that as justification for killing the title off.

5. Default Re: It's 4 months now

RIP Hotshotsgolf.

6. Default Re: It's 4 months now

I love the gameplay.
    International tournaments, although no where near as good as graded tkurs are cool.
    But do they real need a week to qualify and a 5 days or whatever for the finals, and weeks inbetween? If so why not get a few going at a time. Or have 2 days qualifying and 2 days for finals then start a new one right away

7. Default Re: It's 4 months now

In fairness there wasnt a ton of people playing graded tours so i could see why they wanted to try something different

8. Default Re: It's 4 months now

Quote Originally Posted by TBdaGhost View Post
    In fairness there wasnt a ton of people playing graded tours so i could see why they wanted to try something different
    Having owned Japanese versions of the previous games, there were plenty of people playing graded tournaments. Add to that the rest of the world, tournaments would filled every hour of every day, which is why this version is such a crying shame

9. Default Re: It's 4 months now

There was always a tour going on even if it was gf tours. Now what? Turf wars? The next int tournament is when? Geesh we need to wait 3 days for this one to finish. When I go to game rooms, they all quit by the middle of the round or I fall asleep waiting for my turn. They should have listened to their customers before just trying to be different.

Lol what? Graded tours are what made the game what it was. Taking the best part of the game away isn’t exactly just “trying something different”. If you changed “graded tours” to “turf wars” you might have a point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast