Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Platinum Trophy!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu,Hawaii
    Posts
    257

    Default Platinum Trophy!

    That was a fun ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <a href=http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37&dateline=1245896724 target=_blank>http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/communit...ine=1245896724</a>

  2. #2

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Me too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I-B-Glenn; 1 Week Ago at 06:39 AM.

  3. Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    i've just got 2 revenge vs characters left. ive had 2 left for about 4 days now..last 2 or 3 days i have tried restarting game numerous times..going to open courses and coming back etc.. for the life of me cant seem to get the last 2 to appear.. frustrating.. also dissapointed to see most ppl plat it w time to spare before we even get a sniff of graded tours. ive been on the bandwagon trying to support the pros of this version.. as ive basically nothing left to do at all.. dailys are pointless.. i find turf war just as pointless.. starting to come around that this game is woefully lacking. real shame.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    i've just got 2 revenge vs characters left. ive had 2 left for about 4 days now..last 2 or 3 days i have tried restarting game numerous times..going to open courses and coming back etc.. for the life of me cant seem to get the last 2 to appear.. frustrating.. also dissapointed to see most ppl plat it w time to spare before we even get a sniff of graded tours. ive been on the bandwagon trying to support the pros of this version.. as ive basically nothing left to do at all.. dailys are pointless.. i find turf war just as pointless.. starting to come around that this game is woefully lacking. real shame.
    Same thing happened to me, I shoulda got my platinum a week earlier, but when I had 4 characters left, they started to only give me one every few days, not sure why, but that’s was frustrating for sure. I agree with what you said, I’ve always thought that graded tours were going to take a long time to get here, and that weekly one try events like in WI, are a thing of the past. This new format and pi spray is in my opinion due to the numerous complaints about the old system and pi. Think about it, in WI for North America and Europe, the weekly tournaments were dominated by about 2 players, the rest lost. And the pi of WI was spot on, making it a joke. Of course there were people who were GO and had crap pi, but most winners of GO tours had high pi, or played with an intermediate and lucked out when every kat and max sprayed one in the water. Also there’s the money grab stuff they did in Japan, making that game a joke, any noob with a few bucks could now compete, there’s lots of blame to go around, but I’ll be surprised if weekly tournaments ever come, and I’m not sold on graded tours coming soon, I think it’ll be a while if at all. But even if graded tours come tomorrow, I’m not sure how fun they’ll be because even in championship tees, hitting 380 yard bombs make it too easy
    Last edited by I-B-Glenn; 1 Week Ago at 08:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu,Hawaii
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post
    Same thing happened to me, I shoulda got my platinum a week earlier, but when I had 4 characters left, they started to only give me one every few days, not sure why, but thatís was frustrating for sure. I agree with what you said, Iíve always thought that graded tours were going to take a long time to get here, and that weekly one try events like in WI, are a thing of the past. This new format and pi spray is in my opinion due to the numerous complaints about the old system and pi. Think about it, in WI for North America and Europe, the weekly tournaments were dominated by about 2 players, the rest lost. And the pi of WI was spot on, making it a joke. Of course there were people who were GO and had crap pi, but most winners of GO tours had high pi, or played with an intermediate and lucked out when every kat and max sprayed one in the water. Also thereís the money grab stuff they did in Japan, making that game a joke, any noob with a few bucks could now compete, thereís lots of blame to go around, but Iíll be surprised if weekly tournaments ever come, and Iím not sold on graded tours coming soon, I think itíll be a while if at all. But even if graded tours come tomorrow, Iím not sure how fun theyíll be because even in championship tees, hitting 380 yard bombs make it too easy
    At the start I didn't really try for the platinum, maybe the first week after launch I played everyday for about 3-4 hours each day geting used to the new game and stuff getting clubs leveled up. I was just gonna let the platinum happen naturally if ever I obtained it? And the fact I thought getting 3 condors was absurd because the only condor I ever saw was on the psp version hsg ot2. However, with the absence of graded and non graded Tournaments that changed about 2 weeks ago. When I actually, saw somebody posting on reddit about getting a platinum. I was like wow! I guess I could shoot for that since the game was starting to feel redundant to me. After, finally couple of days of waiting to finally get Alpina with normal holes. I got lucky and within an hour I finally aced it I was taking pictures on my cell of where to aim with certain wind direction and speed. Once I nailed it I just repeated a got the next 2 condors within minutes of each other. Of course I was using the triple pi ball
    With just super topspin. As for the remaining revenge vs characters?They were normally there the very next day. If they weren't there when I started the game on the next day? What I would do is goto settings, then upload a current data to cloud server. Then next goto the download data from server section, next I would download the data I just uploaded.I would proceed to start the game. If a challenge character wasn't present still? This time, I would simply close the game and re-open.Most of the time they would appear on the first reload, something it took 2 or 3 times,but eventually, they would pop up.
    With this I was able to play a new character every day. And complete the platinum trophy with out waiting for another day if they weren't there.
    <a href=http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37&dateline=1245896724 target=_blank>http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/communit...ine=1245896724</a>

  6. #6

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    At the start I didn't really try for the platinum, maybe the first week after launch I played everyday for about 3-4 hours each day geting used to the new game and stuff getting clubs leveled up. I was just gonna let the platinum happen naturally if ever I obtained it? And the fact I thought getting 3 condors was absurd because the only condor I ever saw was on the psp version hsg ot2. However, with the absence of graded and non graded Tournaments that changed about 2 weeks ago. When I actually, saw somebody posting on reddit about getting a platinum. I was like wow! I guess I could shoot for that since the game was starting to feel redundant to me. After, finally couple of days of waiting to finally get Alpina with normal holes. I got lucky and within an hour I finally aced it I was taking pictures on my cell of where to aim with certain wind direction and speed. Once I nailed it I just repeated a got the next 2 condors within minutes of each other. Of course I was using the triple pi ball
    With just super topspin. As for the remaining revenge vs characters?They were normally there the very next day. If they weren't there when I started the game on the next day? What I would do is goto settings, then upload a current data to cloud server. Then next goto the download data from server section, next I would download the data I just uploaded.I would proceed to start the game. If a challenge character wasn't present still? This time, I would simply close the game and re-open.Most of the time they would appear on the first reload, something it took 2 or 3 times,but eventually, they would pop up.
    With this I was able to play a new character every day. And complete the platinum trophy with out waiting for another day if they weren't there.

    Yea, I was kind of the same way, I didn’t care about the platinum until I realized there was nothing else to do, then I figured fk it, why not. The save thing is a nice trick, that’ll help people I’m sure. My problem was that glenngolfer1 isn’t my plus account, it’s my favorite account, but it ain’t plus, so I couldn’t do that. Also another problem was I lost to some of them, I probably lost about 3 and maybe they just take their sweet time coming back?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu,Hawaii
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Congrats on your Plat! I hear ya that is right gotta have a plus subscription in order to save to cloud. However, you can still save to a memory stick I believe. I saw an option there. I was fortunate to play well enough to get through the vs characters without a loss. There was some that I thought I was gonna lose because the vs character was hole-ling everything on their eagle shot. But if you hang though they normally falter uncharacteristically on the last or second to the last hole.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Platinum Trophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    Congrats on your Plat! I hear ya that is right gotta have a plus subscription in order to save to cloud. However, you can still save to a memory stick I believe. I saw an option there. I was fortunate to play well enough to get through the vs characters without a loss. There was some that I thought I was gonna lose because the vs character was hole-ling everything on their eagle shot. But if you hang though they normally falter uncharacteristically on the last or second to the last hole.

    Yea thanks, congrats on yours too, I had some bad luck, and I played bad sometimes, so there’s that. Lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •