Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

1. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

So I could save 1000 gems and test all three clubs I own and see which route is best? I like this idea. Is it difficult to do backup thing?

Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    So I could save 1000 gems and test all three clubs I own and see which route is best? I like this idea. Is it difficult to do backup thing?
    Not at all. Before you load the game, go to Application Saved Data in Settings and copy the save game data to either a USB drive or to the Cloud. Load the game, do your thing with custom clubs, if it's not to your liking, quit game, restore the save and nothing will have changed.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

3. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Thranth View Post
    So, today, just for fun, and it was oh so much fun, I took 333 gems and recycled/upgraded a single set of clubs 3 times in a row. Got less then stellar power each time. Reset then did it again and got the exact same results. So, again, it would appear that each custom club set has predetermined stat value at least 3 sets/tries ahead. Starsky almost has 1000 gems. It would be interesting to see if they predetermined 10 block sets. Just for fun.....
    So if you know the predetermined power for the next 3 upgraded clubs and are unhappy with them, could you upgrade the first set only once, and recycle. Upgrade the second set only once and recycle. Upgrade the 3rd set only once and recycle. This would cost 30 gems but then you still have 300 gems left to test clubs 4, 5, and 6 hoping for 25 power?

4. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by mustangman2011 View Post
    So if you know the predetermined power for the next 3 upgraded clubs and are unhappy with them, could you upgrade the first set only once, and recycle. Upgrade the second set only once and recycle. Upgrade the 3rd set only once and recycle. This would cost 30 gems but then you still have 300 gems left to test clubs 4, 5, and 6 hoping for 25 power?
    As far as I know the only way to able get the option to recycle the clubs is to fully upgrade them to level 10. So you have to spend the 300 gems.
    There was a rumour that if your clubs are broken that you could recycle them at that point. But it hasn't been substantiated, and I kind of doubt it.

5. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Thranth View Post
    As far as I know the only way to able get the option to recycle the clubs is to fully upgrade them to level 10. So you have to spend the 300 gems.
    There was a rumour that if your clubs are broken that you could recycle them at that point. But it hasn't been substantiated, and I kind of doubt it.
    How long did it take you to test three clubs three times? I'll have 330 later tomorrow.

6. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    How long did it take you to test three clubs three times? I'll have 330 later tomorrow.
    Hard to say because I was side tracked so it took me like an hr. But the actual upgrading was probably 15-20 mins.
    Starsky got over 1000 gems last night so 999 isn't the limit!!
    He also tried this :
    1: saved game
    2: bought 3rd set of custom clubs with gems
    3: upgraded them fully, they stunk
    4: reset them from save
    5: bought 3rd set of custom clubs with gems
    6: got the EXACT same numbers as before
    The predeterminednessitationidy seems to be more pre-ordained then ever.

7. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

I just died. I upgraded three times on one club then reloaded my usb backup, and all my gems are gone. The backup does nothing.

Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

That stinks. I uploaded my file to the PS+ cloud

9. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber00 View Post
    That stinks. I uploaded my file to the PS+ cloud

Did another test on my account. I am not the main user account on our PS4 and that's where I did the first back up. Tried new USB logged in on my account and did a mini backup. Sure enough that back up works. Live and learn.

I did test my #3 club before this happened and it got up to level 24 power on try number 2. No huge loss. I already got a level 23 power on #1. Just would have been nice not to waste time and try out the other ones too. I should have known better to test my back up first. Do a back up, spend a gem and see if the back up works. Not 330 gems. And now I hate custom clubs even more!
    Last edited by Stormchasergal; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:29 PM.

10. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Ouch. Chin up girl and I for one appreciate your findings as I've yet to try it. I'd comp you 50 gems if I could.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast