Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

  1. Default Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Went to start upgrading a new set of clubs that I had recycled, but my 1st two attempts were both single level upgrades grrrr.

    So I thought I would try to reset (nitro style?) my game and try it again... Nothing changes it's always the same, both tries again were single upgrades, same thing with control every time I tried I got 2 level upgrades on it. I tried 9-10 times.

    And it's a huge pain in the rear as you have to leave the application press options and upload /download your save and the application has to close and reboot everytime.

    I tried playing a round in the open course and came back, tried again same results. Played a special tour, went fishing etc same thing. Tried upgrading in a different order. I only have 32 gems but even with 110 I guess the upgrades would never change.

    Seems as though the clubs are predetermined at some point, maybe when you buy them. If anyone has a shwack of gems maybe they could get them fully upgraded and see if it's exactly the same everytime.

  2. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Probably to prevent people from cheating the system

  3. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    System is broke. A ripoff of people's time and money. It's definitely not random otherwise people would be averaging level 22 clubs.

    Please don't spend money on these. You don't get what you pay for as they don't even last more than a few weeks even after repairing them.

    Sadly I think it will ruin the game completely if they allow them in graded tours. At least for me. How is one going to compete when someone else can drive all par fours and even par 5s but you can't because of some predetermined code.

  4. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    System is broke. A ripoff of people's time and money. It's definitely not random otherwise people would be averaging level 22 clubs.

    Please don't spend money on these. You don't get what you pay for as they don't even last more than a few weeks even after repairing them.

    Sadly I think it will ruin the game completely if they allow them in graded tours. At least for me. How is one going to compete when someone else can drive all par fours and even par 5s but you can't because of some predetermined code.
    Yes so true dat!!!!
    Only thing I can add to these facts is the question of spending hours
    picking up gems, what is your time worth to you?
    This in not worth any of my time (make $65 hr teaching)
    Sorry the people in Japan are the model the game is directed at,
    but it is their game & culture, so love it or leave it.
    The programmers or the project director seem to have no
    real value attached to my time spent chasing my tails.
    I can see where it is designed if you are busy & make more than money
    than barely squeaking by, you will just pay to level up as ASAP!
    Japan ends up spending $100+ on like OOB or WWI and I should have just waited
    and spent the $20 for both games with Everything Included & mostly fixed.

    My fault as I never preordered before, interesting learning experience
    dealing with different priorities of other societies.

  5. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Actually though, if it is predetermined, then you buy the 4 possible clubs and if none of them roll anything useful then your only option would be an entirely new account? Sounds really REALLY stupid if that is the case.

  6. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Quote Originally Posted by centkin View Post
    Actually though, if it is predetermined, then you buy the 4 possible clubs and if none of them roll anything useful then your only option would be an entirely new account? Sounds really REALLY stupid if that is the case.
    No no there is an option to "recycle" your clubs. The attempts are endless depending on your gem count

  7. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    can people explain what they have tried so far, so we can trouble-shoot here how random it really is? Because i'm tempted to get to Lvl 25 myself.

    I paid both times.

    the first time I got to Level 17

    I then Recycled that set for a new set.

    I leveled that set up and got it to 21.

    now...i'm debating doing it again, but worried it might be lvl 15 next time.

    so i'll wait, see what u guys say.

  8. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    I've gone through a few upgrades. 21 is pretty good because I've gotten basically 17. 23, 19, 14, 15 and 21. Though on 14 and 15 I didn't bother doing the last upgrade at the beach and just recycled.

    You must be pretty lucky to get a level 25 club or willling to spend (waste) lots of real money.

    Most game rooms don't use custom clubs and even set standard only. Iy wss actually fun that way.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    I'm more worried about the triple precision ball, I can deal with losing a few yards to someone who has a better club more than I can deal with someone who has that ball if I don't, I'm surprised they aren't selling those yet.

  10. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

    Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post
    I'm more worried about the triple precision ball, I can deal with losing a few yards to someone who has a better club more than I can deal with someone who has that ball if I don't, I'm surprised they aren't selling those yet.
    Don't give them any ideas. Soon we'll see a ball lottery and you'll need to find gems to get balls too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Strongly dislike the level 4 and 5 upgrades
    By Love hotshots golf in forum HSG World Invitational (2011)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 07:22 AM
  2. Custom Title
    By RPinkney2 in forum Open Tee 2 (2007)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •