Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

You will get a warning when your clubs are in bad shape. It's 10 gems or 1 ticket to repair. After so many repairs the set isn't any good and must be recycled. I've repaired 2 or 3 times so I'm not sure at what point they aren't repairable and must be recycled. Of course that will take a lot of gems and quite a few tickets.

2. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Thanks. So by "recycled", does the set get returned to the upgrade dude, who 'fixes' them and they're available for me to 'buy' with gems again?

What about the set I won from ranking up, what happens to that set when recycled?

Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by S-i-k_b-o-y View Post
    Thanks. So by "recycled", does the set get returned to the upgrade dude, who 'fixes' them and they're available for me to 'buy' with gems again?

What about the set I won from ranking up, what happens to that set when recycled?
    Recycling removes all the upgrades and starts over at "0". Takes 110 gems or 11 tickets to fully upgrade them again. You don't lose the set itself, just the upgrade levels.

4. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    You will get a warning when your clubs are in bad shape. It's 10 gems or 1 ticket to repair. After so many repairs the set isn't any good and must be recycled. I've repaired 2 or 3 times so I'm not sure at what point they aren't repairable and must be recycled. Of course that will take a lot of gems and quite a few tickets.
    So technically speaking as far as I know your clubs never actually have up be repaired. Just if you play with them broken you won't get the flag on your swing bar.
    You know exactly like in oob for the advance swing style.
    Not like trad pu$$ies who always got the flag to represent where to set power.

Anyways, what exactly happens when the set "isn't any good"?

Are you not allowed to use it?
    Does it just stay broken?
    Or are you talking out your a$$?

5. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

If you're playing gamerooms, quit right before the ending screen and you won't lose your ball and the club wear doesn't register, might as well because the rooms are unofficial at this point.

6. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber00 View Post
    Recycling removes all the upgrades and starts over at "0". Takes 110 gems or 11 tickets to fully upgrade them again. You don't lose the set itself, just the upgrade levels.
    Cool, thanks Star. Gem collecting is/can be tedious but that's OK, so there doesn't seem to be a reason to not use the custom clubs other than the possibility they won't be allowed in graded tours. I say that because in my mind better to focus on the yardages etc. of the club you'll be playing the most.

7. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by BGunner View Post
    If you're playing gamerooms, quit right before the ending screen and you won't lose your ball and the club wear doesn't register, might as well because the rooms are unofficial at this point.
    I'm assuming that means to quit when they show the card with everyone's scores?

8. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Yeah I leave on scorecard screen before they do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

9. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

Quote Originally Posted by BGunner View Post
    Yeah I leave on scorecard screen before they do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.
    Thx for the tip, whew what a grind, lol.
    I am trying to play 2 player with my bud at home with 2 controllers
    so we don't have to pass them, am I lame or is it broken I am clueless.
    Help thx

10. Default Re: Custom club level upgrades predetermined?

So, today, just for fun, and it was oh so much fun, I took 333 gems and recycled/upgraded a single set of clubs 3 times in a row. Got less then stellar power each time. Reset then did it again and got the exact same results. So, again, it would appear that each custom club set has predetermined stat value at least 3 sets/tries ahead. Starsky almost has 1000 gems. It would be interesting to see if they predetermined 10 block sets. Just for fun.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast