Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a condor?

Default Re: Getting a condor?

Quote Originally Posted by krae_man View Post
    I don't know if I've done 120 tournaments or not yet. I can't remember. I did serious the entire time so I might not have needed 125 to 100% the single player.
    Just add up the tournaments for each rank. Shows if your on the 25th or 16th etc for the ranks

Hehe Jets I finally found a day that had favorable conditions. Once I got the first one after about 45 mins of trying. I got the second about 10 mins after and the 3rd one after about 8 more shots.

My custom club 1w max is 348y.My trick is that I tee of at the extreme top/left of the tee box.
    Then I scroll almost all the way to that club house looking thing then I lower the cursor to the water level. I leave enough space so that I can use the grid to aim almost exactly the same spot every time. I aim just to right the second (from center) double wood leg in the water so that the double wooden leg is in the middle of the grid left of my 348y cursor grid.
    If the wind is headed NW@ 2-2.5 m range you will get real close if the wind changes? Adjust accordingly. After some time you get the feel of how much adjustments to make per shot. I also use the triple area p.i ball with Super Topspin. Not sure how to post pictures with my phone I'll to figure it out. I really isn't that hard to get a second or third condor once you sink the first one.

3. Default Re: Getting a condor?

I did likewise this weekend. Was regular tee so far easier once you get the line correct. I ended up not using pwr on the driver and the 100% drive of about 355 was perfect for skipping the gazebo just to the right of the chimney like thing on top. Took about an hour to get the line correct but once i got it, i then just kept replicating same spot.. i got the next 2 in about 15 mins or 20 mins. so about 90 mins for all 3. All three w risers because i prefer to just gun it at the pin and to prevent any unwanted random pi spray. Once i realized the line was wrong just quit back and try again (if its going oob - let it go oob so you just reset back at tee box rather than run back to tee) - also dont forget to quit out of round if you go oob and start over and end up taking your 3rd shot at what you think is your first (did this a few times) Also because single hole rounds dont expire balls, go ahead and switch to using a triple-pi ball. This was super helpful for me because when i was trying (sunday am) - there were like 30 other people also trying at same time. My game was lagging badly in spots as everyone crammed the tee box to hit over and over... making pi really difficult. Also as a rule of etiquette i think we should encourage ppl to hop out their carts a few yards before the tee box rather than drive the cart INTO the tee box to have the game auto pop them out. Nothing puts you off mid swing as a golf cart stunt jumping into the tee box being driven by a 6ft pink bunny
    Last edited by lob; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:26 AM.

Tried it for 30 mins, came close but failed to get one. Well at least got me 5 alba's.

5. Default Re: Getting a condor?

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    Hehe Jets I finally found a day that had favorable conditions. Once I got the first one after about 45 mins of trying. I got the second about 10 mins after and the 3rd one after about 8 more shots.

My custom club 1w max is 348y.My trick is that I tee of at the extreme top/left of the tee box.
    Then I scroll almost all the way to that club house looking thing then I lower the cursor to the water level. I leave enough space so that I can use the grid to aim almost exactly the same spot every time. I aim just to right the second (from center) double wood leg in the water so that the double wooden leg is in the middle of the grid left of my 348y cursor grid.
    If the wind is headed NW@ 2-2.5 m range you will get real close if the wind changes? Adjust accordingly. After some time you get the feel of how much adjustments to make per shot. I also use the triple area p.i ball with Super Topspin. Not sure how to post pictures with my phone I'll to figure it out. I really isn't that hard to get a second or third condor once you sink the first one.
    How do you not hit the tree without sidespin? Or was it regular tees?

Regular tees. I do have a shot for long tees which I use my 380 max driver, though, I haven't condor it yet. I did however, come to within inches of the hole with it.

7. Default Re: Getting a condor?

Finally got one last night, course had the ideal setup, reg tees, weak wind, and normal cup of course. Didn't have time to get two more as the day changed and it was then tornado cup ugh. Looks like it's fishing on days when the setup on Alpina In is unofficial/crappy. Tours would be nice soon, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BGunner View Post
    Finally got one last night, course had the ideal setup, reg tees, weak wind, and normal cup of course. Didn't have time to get two more as the day changed and it was then tornado cup ugh. Looks like it's fishing on days when the setup on Alpina In is unofficial/crappy. Tours would be nice soon, huh?
    Congrats, I’m sure you already know this, but I’ll throw it out there for people who might not. There is another way to get the condors on days that it is unofficial in the online line up. It takes longer, it’s not as easy, but it is possible, I got 2 of mine this way. Plus there’s no fighting a million guys for position, you can go to the solo stroke play box and set alpine back nine, regular tee, regular cup, normal wind. And then just do the first three holes, use a triple pi ball if you like, it won’t take it if you quit after hole 12. The tenth hole is a driveable par 4, the 11th is a 3 par, you can get your hole in one there, I did, and the twelfth hole is the condor hole, if you make it, quit on the thirteenth tee and it will have saved it, if you miss, quit after your tee shot on 12 and it will have already saved if you get your hole in one, plus it will not take your ball. I understand it’s slower but it’s better than nothing

9. Default Re: Getting a condor?

Got one yesterday too but we need three for the last secret player? Omg!

10. Default Re: Getting a condor?

i came real close to 17 at kamaloa. (long par 5 w the walkway over it). my driver can hit about 379. so w sts down the street between the houses w a little tailwind i can drive the green fairly regularly. anyone condor that hole yet? i know when i was taking shots at it i could see on the daily list a few jpn players had done it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12