Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scores?!?

1. Default Scores?!?

How are people shooting -18s for 9 holes. That's like an eagle or HIO every hole. With the random spray built in just don't see how this is possible.

2. Default Re: Scores?!?

First off you see like 11 submissions for those people. Plus I'd figure if they did badly on any of the holes of a match, they'd quit the round and start over -- so for the "top tier" players, if they didn't hole in 1 the first hole, they probably did the round over.

With it being only 9 rather than 18 holes, it is far easier to save-scum for really high scores essentially.

Still I find the custom clubs kind of ridiculous/course breaking for distance. Assuming they paid money to make-remake their clubs until they had at least a distance of 388....
    Last edited by centkin; 09-05-2017 at 03:31 PM.

3. Default Re: Scores?!?

Sen. said there's a glitch they haven't patched yet.

4. Default Re: Scores?!?

I think Senidol was wrong about the glitch, or they already patched it, cuz those ain't glitched scores

5. Default Re: Scores?!?

Quote Originally Posted by centkin View Post
    First off you see like 11 submissions for those people. Plus I'd figure if they did badly on any of the holes of a match, they'd quit the round and start over -- so for the "top tier" players, if they didn't hole in 1 the first hole, they probably did the round over.

With it being only 9 rather than 18 holes, it is far easier to save-scum for really high scores essentially.

Still I find the custom clubs kind of ridiculous/course breaking for distance. Assuming they paid money to make-remake their clubs until they had at least a distance of 388....
    Well the person leading today only had 1 submission w/ -18. Still holing out every shot is kinda crazy. I can understand single hold challenges because you can just keep doing the hole till you get it right, but to do it every hole for a whole round is almost unbelievable.

I know in Pangya i played with a Korean guy one time and he was impressive. I was picking his brain and they basically had every hole mapped out and exactly how to adjust to the wind. If you hit the special shot it was pretty much in. However Pangya did not have the randomness that EG has.

In Links I was generally a feel player, but I also spent many hours learning / charting like 1/2 shots and 3/4 shots and what not. People I played with had formulas for everything under the sun, but we were all pretty much equal and any given day any of us could beat the other. We also were not holing out every shot.

I just hope the EG scores are legit.

As for the custom clubs I dont have a problem with them. When I first heard about them I was pretty upset, but you can farm 28 gems per day. Sure farming gems stinks, but at least you can reach your goal in less than a week. Some games it takes months to grind for what some can get with the swipe of a card. I think someone said in 4 days you can fully upgrade them which I think is reasonable. Only questions I have is how long are they going to last and is the company going to be adding more pay 2 win stuff.

6. Default Re: Scores?!?

Which tournament you talking about?

Ok I see it now, Alpina long with mega cup, thing is they're just smashing it with their driver and it's an easy chip in even from rough or sand with mega cup, now to do all of them is impressive for sure, but it's not really that hard, plus those submissions aren't how many times they retry, it's how many times they submitted a score in any tournament, quits don't count. The people with the higher numbers are just playing more tournaments, at least that's my thought, not positive tho
    Last edited by I-B-Glenn; 09-05-2017 at 05:39 PM.

7. Default Re: Scores?!?

Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post
    Which tournament you talking about?
    Its the 9 hole bonus course I think its alpine in.

8. Default Re: Scores?!?

I edited my post when you were answering

9. Default Re: Scores?!?

That's crazy. That's an average of -2 on every hole. So lets say an eagle on both par 5s and all par 4s and two aces? Something like that? But hey if you get a condor, you don't need the aces!! lol.

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Scores?!?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets View Post
    Sen. said there's a glitch they haven't patched yet.
    Glitch was patched, first day was a tornado cup daily messing up the points and we didn't look at the rules. Pretty much nobody is taking the dailies seriously on the Japanese side, all the big name Japanese players aren't participating or they are only filling in a score for the possibility of extra gems.

Max distance should be 380, 390 with power. Everything so far has basically been tornado cup and mega cup on the easiest courses.
    Last edited by Senidol; 09-05-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast