Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Everything Graded Tourney related

1. Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    So the rumor is 6 to 12 months away. : /
    where did u hear this ?

from a networking guy, I find it nearly impossible it'll be that far away...as the core aspect of the game is already done.

the only major challenging aspect will be combining japan players with u.s. players and the lag differential / ping time after each hole. It could take Japan's players several seconds longer for their scores to update after each hole, compared to ours. But I was surprised at the already 'generally' smooth gameplay in Open Course with mostly Japan players .

have a hunch it'll be this month or November...since they usually don't stop online play on one of their previous titles, without having a place for the rest to go.

2. Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets View Post
    where did u hear this ?

from a networking guy, I find it nearly impossible it'll be that far away...as the core aspect of the game is already done.

the only major challenging aspect will be combining japan players with u.s. players and the lag differential / ping time after each hole. It could take Japan's players several seconds longer for their scores to update after each hole, compared to ours. But I was surprised at the already 'generally' smooth gameplay in Open Course with mostly Japan players .

have a hunch it'll be this month or November...since they usually don't stop online play on one of their previous titles, without having a place for the rest to go.
    In the Everybody's golf community thing for PS4. I'd say it don't sound right at all either. We already have offline tours with the computer players, so how hard can it be? No one's going to wait around for 6 months either and will get bored. From their perspective, they won't sell any tickets or even games. If it's true, I'm absolutely disgusted and angry.

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. All we know is that tournaments of some sort (not even guaranteed to be the format you are familiar with) was a topic on their road map during the closed testing. The things that have been announce are; -3 new courses, Long Bay G.C, Pine Hills G.C, and a third course that is currently not named that is in development. The third course is suppose to be harder than imperial. VS mode game rooms, Seasonal items for Halloween and Christmas, Hole in One Challenge, and a National Cup (Japan only esports special qualifying event I believe.) My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017, and if and when they do release something it may not be in the format that everyone is familiar with. I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead, and they will be based on level or some other metric. I personally don't care either way as I already know what the high end game play landscape looks like, and it isn't something that I would find fun or enjoyable. I haven't played the game in almost 3 weeks after finishing the platinum trophy.
    Last edited by Senidol; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017 I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead
    Ok, so when nitro said that he was drunk, but you’re saying nearly the same thing,

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post
    Ok, so when nitro said that he was drunk, but you’re saying nearly the same thing,
    I don't even know why I respond to nonsense like this anymore, but you are aware that there are only 87 days left in 2017 right? How many days are in the range of 6-12 months? I also listed everything they have announced so far in terms of future work, and graded tours aren't included in that list. So the only reasonable conclusion would appear to be that there will be no graded tours in 2017. Is it possible they sneak them in? Sure but unlikely.
    Last edited by Senidol; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:06 PM.

I don't even know why I respond to nonsense like this anymore, but you are aware that there are only 87 days left in 2017 right? How many days are in the range of 6-12 months? I also listed everything they have announced so far in terms of future work, and graded tours aren't included in that list. So the only reasonable conclusion would appear to be that there will be no graded tours in 2017. Is it possible they sneak them in? Sure but unlikely.

You talk out of your backside a lot, it gets old, yea, I know how many days, didn’t count them like you did, but understand that’s it’s 3 months until 2018, roughly. I quoted what you said, it’s a jumbled mess of nonesense, you’ve been doing the same thing for years, half story after half story, but hey, thanks again, 3 months maybe 6 months, maybe a year, or even maybe they’re dead? Great info.

7. Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

If we don't get tournaments of some form soon, everyone will just move on to something else and not come back. What a dumb decision not to give us the most important part of the game for online. Plus they don't update there info that even says it just needs a bit of work work, referring to tournaments. I guess a "bit of work" means months if at all? I'm so sad. They are wrecking this game. They should have worked on Turf wars afterwards. I tried it once and will never again.

Guess I bought a PS4 for nothing

9. Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

There have been no graded tour announcements or mentions at all since launch, there is no date so anyone claiming 6-12 months is most likely pulling it out of thin air. All we know is that tournaments of some sort (not even guaranteed to be the format you are familiar with) was a topic on their road map during the closed testing. The things that have been announce are; -3 new courses, Long Bay G.C, Pine Hills G.C, and a third course that is currently not named that is in development. The third course is suppose to be harder than imperial. VS mode game rooms, Seasonal items for Halloween and Christmas, Hole in One Challenge, and a National Cup (Japan only esports special qualifying event I believe.) My educated guess is that we aren't going to get anything resembling graded tours in 2017, and if and when they do release something it may not be in the format that everyone is familiar with. I'm fairly certain graded tours are dead, and they will be based on level or some other metric. I personally don't care either way as I already know what the high end game play landscape looks like, and it isn't something that I would find fun or enjoyable. I haven't played the game in almost 3 weeks after finishing the platinum trophy.

No Graded Tours for the game, would be the stupidest decision Clap Hanz has ever made.

The main function of the franchise completely left out. The main reason most people bought the game.

You should have more firm evidence before laying out such a bold statement.

It's like Batman without Robin . (maybe not the best analogy...i can't stand Robin)

10. Default Re: Everything Graded Tourney related

What exactly are the middle gates for then? It even says international tournaments aren't ready just yet. They mislead us making us think they actually started on them.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast