Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that bother me about this version

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post
    Maybe the random landing is the "risk reward" ? I think Senidol showed it, and to be fair, I did say use a beginner ball with your power maxed custom club. Senidol used a club that only gave him 312 yards, which is about what you get with a beginner ball and a custom. That randomness, if it's caused by what senidol said, no super pi, makes sense, obviously the longer you hit the ball, the bigger the random, so I guess that's risk reward this year?
    Base control % is just low, so at level 15 it is similar to a Low control character without impact precision. With a max custom club, 30 control overall it plays just like a C control character from 5 with impact precision for the amount of spray, it won't spray outside the landing circle with a 1w with a PI at 30 control, unless missing PI with backspin.

Basically if they added impact precision to the game level 15 control would play like C control (what we are used to), under PI conditions, with a chance to spray more when missing PI. Level 30 control with impact precision would play closer to S control.

If you guys want to test it out for yourselves without leveling a custom club with control, go into multiplayer mode and play with standard/standard and the highest setting for stats. Base stat in multiplayer is 100% higher for some reason then campaign mode. So with Standard/Standard you'll have 50/30/30/20 stats. If you had a custom club with 15 control you can get to 45 control in multiplayer.

2. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Hey Senidol,

I think the custom club with full power is actually too much power, I think a custom club with 50 yards extra is perfect. The rest of the power ups can be something else or nothing, guess it depends how you play, I have a theory that the backspin stat helps with natural spin that your club puts on the ball, so basically your ball would theoretically slow or stop without backspin from longer distances. If you have time and the inclination could you check my theory on a custom club set at 330 yards and the rest on backspin and tell me your thoughts. I know it's a lot to ask, getting gems is a pain, so no worries either way. I just think even if I can't reach the green that others might, they'd have more of a chance of over driving the ball, maybe into an O/B situation, and chips from 30 yards or less are really easy, so I'm thinking that that style of play still has plenty of distance and a little less spray, and some stopping power, but I might be wrong, lol.

3. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    The game is too easy overall again, and probably won't hold my interest for very long as I get bored of things really quick that aren't challenging enough. As the game currently stands I see it burning out in the next couple months unless they improve the social experience in the game. Not having an area to chat/converse with other golfers is going to make or break the online experience this time around. The current open courses don't even get close to meeting this requirement for the franchise. The game still has a chance to be good in the long run, but as it stands right now in my opinion its just another fluff version with the Star costume equivalents in custom clubs similar to the end life of World Invitational and Minna 6.

Things I think need to happen to make the game solid:
    • Remove the usage of custom clubs in the eventual release of tournaments.
    • Add some form of impact precision to the game better then what is currently in place, being at the mercy of pure RNG for both control and lie % is bad design. While playable, it takes the finer points out of the game.
    • Will need some form of leader board or stat tracking to make tournaments relevant in the future.
    • Optimization of the online open courses, frame drops are a major issue right now in crowded lobbies.
    • Removal of the drive points system, punishing players for playing intuitive is bad design. Course manipulation is at an all time low due to this system.

Some basic quality of life improvements but not essential to the overall foundation of the game:
    • Improved camera modes all around. Current system is very lacking.
    • The ability to skip shots in stroke and the eventual match play rooms.
    • The ability to freely move between open courses without returning to the home screen.
    • Ability to exchange coins for gems, coins are essentially useless as I'm personally sitting on 100k or so and I'm hardly playing.
    • Adding Circle shot, or another impact form would be nice as a personal preference, but wouldn't change my game play at all really.

My overall impression of the game so far is what I expected after play testing the beta, the game engine itself is a nice change from Minna 6, it is much closer to the mechanics of 4 and 5, and they even included Ultra this time around. The base control stat may be too low, but I think the bigger issue is the combination of the low base + no true impact precision. Id prefer if they added impact precision instead of drastically raising the base control stat. Three click putting is a nice change as it allows for fine tuning putts, but the greens are currently too easy even on Imperial Garden. Backspin penalty is fine in my opinion, as long as impact precision is included later. Its not fun to watch 95% of shots be backspin activated, so I understand the reasoning behind their design here.

Currently the game is still a step back from Minna 5, and probably a wash with late life Minna 6. It has the potential still to be better than both of its predecessors, but has a long way to go in the online game modes to match Minna 5. I'm currently struggling to find any resemblance of difficulty in the game. I was expecting to fly through the single player campaign like in other versions, but I wasn't expecting to be able to shoot -30 official rounds by day 3. When I do turn the game on, I'm usually playing without custom clubs just so I have to pay attention slightly. The game needs a lot of polishing and a focus on adding at least one competitive element to the game, otherwise its just another Everybody's Golf that abuses power stats and ignores the finer points that make the game great.

I agree with a lot of what ur saying here. Especially the Camera stuff... we NEED the ball camera. omg, that was the best improvement of this franchise, and they left it off. Hopefully it'll be in an update.

Regarding the "not having a place to chat with others". On one of the blue tips screen, I saw it say "you even have a Free Input option so you can chat with others with a keyboard" . So i'm sure the option to chat with others via real text input will be there in an update. (not just those automated response bs)

btw, has anybody tried to chat on mic on Open Course? I wonder if actual mic chat will be allowed in this game, like when the graded tourneys are released, etc.

You can currently bring up the keyboard for text chat by pressing R3 and down at bottom there is keyboard option.

As for mic chat, other than party chat I don't think I've seen an option for that yet. For the open course that seems like it would be too chaotic. Tournament play I'd be fine with as long as there is an option to disable it
    Last edited by Starsaber00; 09-09-2017 at 08:17 PM.

5. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    If you guys want to test it out for yourselves without leveling a custom club with control, go into multiplayer mode and play with standard/standard and the highest setting for stats. Base stat in multiplayer is 100% higher for some reason then campaign mode. So with Standard/Standard you'll have 50/30/30/20 stats. If you had a custom club with 15 control you can get to 45 control in multiplayer.
    I'm fairly certain it is a bug, and you will only have 50/30/30/20 for clubs that are fully leveled in single player. It is adding the 25/15/15/10 to whatever the level is of your club in single player. If your 3 iron is at 20/9/10/5 in single player, it will be 45/24/25/15 in LMP at the High setting. I can't fathom any possible justification for this being intentional.

6. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

FW fringe counting as rough / semi rough is BS in the rough +1 matches

7. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber00 View Post
    You can currently bring up the keyboard for text chat by pressing R3 and down at bottom there is keyboard option.

As for mic chat, other than party chat I don't think I've seen an option for that yet. For the open course that seems like it would be too chaotic. Tournament play I'd be fine with as long as there is an option to disable it

It would be cool to talk to the Japs in-between holes...during the graded Tourneys. hope they add it.

they could add a push-button option. so everybody can't talk at one. push-button so you could say something once every 30 seconds or so.
    Last edited by NYJets; 09-09-2017 at 09:16 PM.

8. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Jitter View Post
    FW fringe counting as rough / semi rough is BS in the rough +1 matches
    Thought it was the same in WI. I feel your pain but both the fringe and semi are technically rough.

I really, really miss the practice range; and also the ability to put the game in practice mode on any course. This is the biggest omission in my humble opinion.

I miss the advanced swing. It's was just another equally effective (but less sterile) method for inputting the same data, so I'm adapting. But I find myself hitting the button at the putt and wanting a ghost ball. A lot...

I hate hunting around for stuff in the home area.

I hugely miss the amusing characters and the voyage of discovery as you met them. My wife and I sometimes play Golden Tee in a bar. She always says, in a crappy Russian accent, "In tha wattar" when one goes in the drink, mimicking Anja from OOB. Those were characters.

The caddie serves no purpose but to annoy. At least in OOB, it was a person (character) standing around the course with you, sometimes even being amusing. Here it's just a talking head, and an annoying one at that.

10. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

I think the thing that annoys people with regard to the characters is that this has not been westernized.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast