Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that bother me about this version

1. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

So PI on a pinhole driver with max control stat can go pretty far sideways?

2. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

I swear anything with spin and perfect impact, had a 50/50 chance of going sideways. No spin and perfect impact, good results.

3. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    I swear anything with spin and perfect imp9act, had a 50/50 chance of going sideways. No spin and perfect impact, good results.
    Yeah I messed around some and PI with no spin always minimized any control penalty.

I recommend using big air or pinhole clubs. Infinity is pretty useless at this point. Keep in mind that you need to hit in the pink zone to improve your club stats. So why mess around with infinity?

4. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

I'm not sure about PI with spin though.

I can confirm that backspin in pink zone can send a ball way right or left even with max control. (I've had multiple shots like this where the club face contact dot appeared well outside of the white club face zone.) The effect is a noticeable change from previous versions of the game.

5. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    I'm not sure about PI with spin though.

I can confirm that backspin in pink zone can send a ball way right or left even with max control. (I've had multiple shots like this where the club face contact dot appeared well outside of the white club face zone.) The effect is a noticeable change from previous versions of the game.
    I agree it is very frustrating especially when you execute an ultra spin only to see the ball fly way off target due to pure randomness. Increase penalty for misses, eliminate penalty for perfect impacts please!

6. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    So PI on a pinhole driver with max control stat can go pretty far sideways?
    Maybe someone should max out a custom club with control and see if that helps.

7. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Maybe the random landing is the "risk reward" ? I think Senidol showed it, and to be fair, I did say use a beginner ball with your power maxed custom club. Senidol used a club that only gave him 312 yards, which is about what you get with a beginner ball and a custom. That randomness, if it's caused by what senidol said, no super pi, makes sense, obviously the longer you hit the ball, the bigger the random, so I guess that's risk reward this year?

8. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Not being able to look at the landing spot, green or fairway, before I choose a tee box location.

Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Agreed, and would be nice to replace the tee after got lined up.

10. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

The game is too easy overall again, and probably won't hold my interest for very long as I get bored of things really quick that aren't challenging enough. As the game currently stands I see it burning out in the next couple months unless they improve the social experience in the game. Not having an area to chat/converse with other golfers is going to make or break the online experience this time around. The current open courses don't even get close to meeting this requirement for the franchise. The game still has a chance to be good in the long run, but as it stands right now in my opinion its just another fluff version with the Star costume equivalents in custom clubs similar to the end life of World Invitational and Minna 6.

Things I think need to happen to make the game solid:
    • Remove the usage of custom clubs in the eventual release of tournaments.
    • Add some form of impact precision to the game better then what is currently in place, being at the mercy of pure RNG for both control and lie % is bad design. While playable, it takes the finer points out of the game.
    • Will need some form of leader board or stat tracking to make tournaments relevant in the future.
    • Optimization of the online open courses, frame drops are a major issue right now in crowded lobbies.
    • Removal of the drive points system, punishing players for playing intuitive is bad design. Course manipulation is at an all time low due to this system.

Some basic quality of life improvements but not essential to the overall foundation of the game:
    • Improved camera modes all around. Current system is very lacking.
    • The ability to skip shots in stroke and the eventual match play rooms.
    • The ability to freely move between open courses without returning to the home screen.
    • Ability to exchange coins for gems, coins are essentially useless as I'm personally sitting on 100k or so and I'm hardly playing.
    • Adding Circle shot, or another impact form would be nice as a personal preference, but wouldn't change my game play at all really.

My overall impression of the game so far is what I expected after play testing the beta, the game engine itself is a nice change from Minna 6, it is much closer to the mechanics of 4 and 5, and they even included Ultra this time around. The base control stat may be too low, but I think the bigger issue is the combination of the low base + no true impact precision. Id prefer if they added impact precision instead of drastically raising the base control stat. Three click putting is a nice change as it allows for fine tuning putts, but the greens are currently too easy even on Imperial Garden. Backspin penalty is fine in my opinion, as long as impact precision is included later. Its not fun to watch 95% of shots be backspin activated, so I understand the reasoning behind their design here.

Currently the game is still a step back from Minna 5, and probably a wash with late life Minna 6. It has the potential still to be better than both of its predecessors, but has a long way to go in the online game modes to match Minna 5. I'm currently struggling to find any resemblance of difficulty in the game. I was expecting to fly through the single player campaign like in other versions, but I wasn't expecting to be able to shoot -30 official rounds by day 3. When I do turn the game on, I'm usually playing without custom clubs just so I have to pay attention slightly. The game needs a lot of polishing and a focus on adding at least one competitive element to the game, otherwise its just another Everybody's Golf that abuses power stats and ignores the finer points that make the game great.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast