Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that bother me about this version

1. Default Things that bother me about this version

- you can't change then inflight camera angle, or at least not as of yet.

- the putting and chip ins are suspiciously forgiving, whats up with all the swirlies. I love the 3 click putting and the triangle/circle adjustments make putting easier but the backdoor stat is kind of ridiculous.

- the club leveling is kind of silly. Why do I have to hit woods and drivers close to the pin and on the green to level up the control. Did anyone test this feature while they were working on this game? The grind on par 3s with my woods and driver is such a bore.

- the control itself is also ridiculous. Perfect impact with backspin will almost always be off. How much control do I need? Sometimes I miss early(to the left) and it still misses to the left when it should be off to the right. i.e. I miss by 1 click to the left, still in the pink zone, while I have normal backspin applied, All I know is that it's not going straight and it's most likely heading off the fairway or green. I know applying backspin will take shots more off course,which is why I don't use it as much. I will learn to accept this more realistic approach but Why make driving and approaching so much more frustratingly difficult and make putting easier. I'll get max control on all my clubs and get some control on the custom clubs and then we will see.

- the open courses are just kind of, whatever, If this feature is what delayed this game for so long.... just don't tell me this is the reason why we had to wait.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the classic tourneys, I'm hoping that's what the middle entrance is for, I have faith that they will patch the game so we can change the camera angle after hitting the ball. And even tho I have these minor complaints, there are amazing features and this is the best golf game out there.

Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

A perfect impacted shot should give a predictable result instead randomly flying wherever whether you use backspin or not. I agree with leveling up clubs, having to hit driver/woods onto the green is ridiculous. I like using the ultra spin with the driver but again....you hitting it perfectly doesn't mean anything as far as direction goes. Imo the control stat should improve forgiveness on a miss but a pi should go relatively straight. I like the 3 click putting but the opposite is true for it, you can miss pi by a lot and it still goes straight. The open courses are ok but seem to lag terribly lately. Would be nice to know how many people are there and if any friends are in there if this is gonna our lobbies.

Well they put in that random landing for a reason, I'm not sure why, but maybe it was because you all were complaining about auto pi. That randomness doesn't really bother me, I think it helps people that might not be as good, and screws people who are better. The only way around it is to put power level ups for every one of your custom club upgrades, slam the ball, and use super top spin to chip your ball in from close, and hope your drive doesn't go out of bounds, it obviously works, but you need a few tries, not sure how that strategy will work in the GO tournaments if they ever come.

Nobody complained about auto pi, there was no such thing, everyone just knew who the cheater(s) are.

Y'all made your beds, enjoy lying in them.

I literally just hit a shot within 3 ft and it gave me a free drop off the green. As for the control, what's the point in even having it if it's just going to be random. If you're maxed on control and hit a pi then the shot should go relatively straight with very minimal dispersion. If you miss then your shot should go off line and severity should be based on your equipment.

I really think there is going to be random no matter what, I think the cone gets smaller with better backspin/backdoor stats, but still not great, but definitely better. If I was to give advice it'd be this, build up your custom club with pure power, and use the beginner ball, and save the triple pi zone balls for long days on the weekly tournament if there is one, cuz you won't get many of those. The beginner ball I think is a better way to play this game, but what do I know, I'm just a cheater

8. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Things I like -

1 - The overhead view on the main screen
    2 - The ability to fine tune putts due to 3 click putting
    3 - The return of the elevation gauge above the shot meter

Things I don't -

1 - Hitting PI/SPI and seeing the club head impact dot on the heel or toe, and watching my shot act like I hit a bunny or turtle.
    2 - The impact stat has been relegated to only 3 levels.
    3 - Being able to have ridiculous power while still having standard impact
    4 - Removal of the hand tool
    5 - The club leveling nonsense
    6 - Lack of different cameras to view your shot
    7 - The occasional douchebag acting like an idiot while I am trying to take my shot
    8 - Local multiplayer is a joke now
    9 - The meter seems faster when putting
    10 - Both the ball lie and elevation distance at the top of the screen are too small
    11 - Some of the free drops are questionable
    12 - Last but not least, I miss the animals

9. Default Re: Things that bother me about this version

Least like being able to use special pay for use clubs. 360 yards and being able to use that in graded tournaments will ruin online. I'm not paying real money for special clubs.

Unhappy Re: Things that bother me about this version

Quote Originally Posted by surrogate View Post

<snip>

Things I don't -

1 - Hitting PI/SPI and seeing the club head impact dot on the heel or toe, and watching my shot act like I hit a bunny or turtle.
    This has got to be the most irritating aspect of this version. I understand why they did this, but PI means Perfect Impact! Which means you have struck the sweet spot of the ball with the sweet spot of the club. . . period. As it is now, PI is meaningless unless the PS4 RNG gods are in your corner.

And one more thing: Where the heck is Advanced Swing!?!? This engine is a merging of OOB and WI so it definitely is capable of handling the coding for it. I have pretty much used it exclusively for the last 10 years, now it's all been for nada. What dork made the decision to leave it out and why? They couldn't have decided that Traditional was the most popular, so what gives?

That being said, I do love the courses, but overall I am slightly disappointed. This had/has so much potential, it's almost like they let the US Government tell them what to include/ exclude.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast