Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

1. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchasergal View Post
    I've been using my 3w and 5w on drives to get distance and then as my 2nd shot too to gain control.
    Wish I were you. I just noticed my 3I has 3 more yards than my 5W and neither got me to the uphill green.

2. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Is it just me or does skipping the ball on water seem easy? Granted I've only tried it twice, lol.

3. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Holy smokes, didn't know there were all these other new threads in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    The game is "ok". The game is a step back in every facet and a few steps back in some. Gameplay is for a lack of better words...DUMB. What is the point of the control stat when pi is irrelevant. The entire online experience is terrible. It's difficult to even play the open course due to lag. Game rooms are terrible. I haven't even attempted the "turf war" as that entire concept is absurd. It's a golf game and I don't care about the fishing and other irrelevant stuff. If I wanted a story mode game I'd play Zelda. Even when you finish the main story you're only about 70% in building up your character so you continue having to play pointless games. They could've taken OOB and balanced the shot styles (no blue power or huge rabbit/turtle) added some better graphics and courses, and had a winner. Maybe it'll get better, we'll see.
    Dude, cmon its a nice change. Gives us something else to do while waiting for a new tourney. I think it's brilliant how they were able to add all these side-games / additions all on a working golf course. All while making the game better at the same time.

Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets View Post
    Holy smokes, didn't know there were all these other new threads in this section.

Dude, cmon its a nice change. Gives us something else to do while waiting for a new tourney. I think it's brilliant how they were able to add all these side-games / additions all on a working golf course. All while making the game better at the same time.
    There's nothing about this game that's better than OOB or WI. It's regressed with each new edition. The open course lags so bad it's almost unbearable. If I'm killing time I'll do a 1 hole game and whack the ball up and down the fairway with different clubs to build up power until I reach the stroke limit....that's how great this game is.

5. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Just for giggles, I'll throw my two cents in about the good and bad in this game... in my opinion of course.

GOOD

1. It's easier to hit pi
    2. I enjoy knowing the exact wind speed
    3. The game is fun, different from WI, but still fun
    4. I like unlimited power shots, even with the no pink zone after you used them up
    5. I like having my own guy, someone I can customize to my liking
    6. I like the courses, they seem fun
    7. The multiplayer is fun, played a bunch of people from all over, works great.

BAD

1. The random when hitting pi isn't great
    2. No follow cam
    3. No training mode, I'd like to practice without being penalized in my rank
    4. I want graded tours
    5. I want one try tournaments
    6. Not a fan of running around everyday for gems
    7. The lag online is unbearable

So there you have it, those are my likes and dislikes, overall given the fact that tours and tournaments are on the way, I'd give the game a 7. I've never played anything other than WI, so my OPINION is based on that game only. If I were to guess, I'd guess that they made pi easier, for a few reasons, here are my guesses... there really isn't a course as hard as some of the hardest on WI, some people, including me, always had a problem with Arabian, it just was a miserable course, lol, in WI you could land in a tight cone with super pi, but some of those courses were so difficult that only a select few could master them, in WI there were maybe 50 guys who could shoot lights out day in and day out, in this new game there's probably 1000, but there's 25000 playing, so the lion share never come to this forum, or any other, they are not here to compete, they are here to have fun. And I can't tell you how many times so far in this new game I hit a crap shot and it ended up nice, there's more lucky than in WI, it might keep noobs around longer, and that's a good thing. The last year of WI was ridiculous in my opinion, if you weren't a GO or G1, you couldn't tour, and if by chance you got lucky, there would be 5 G0's in a G3 tour with new names, and one poor G3, with no chance in heck to even compete. But maybe now, that won't be as prevalent, maybe G3's will really be G3's, who knows. The randomness isn't fun for schooled players, but if you're considered one of the best, you'll find a way, and you'll be one of the best again, it'll be different though. Like I said, I didn't have anything other than WI, so this is a big change, and I'm struggling, but I do like it, and am willing to play a different way than I did before. In WI it was pound and pitch, that might work here too for some, but it hasn't worked great for me, I'm still undecided of my strategy, I enjoy both ways, pound and pitch, and laying up, so I don't know, I probably will do a little of both. So with that said, if they fix the lag, put in a follow cam, put in a practice mode, and create tours and one try tournaments I'd give it a solid 9, but I won't hold my breath.😁

6. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

HATE, HATE, HATE: "There's something on the ground in your home area."

WTF, just give me the damn thing.

And gem farming. Although I didn't know that was a thing until just now...

7. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Quote Originally Posted by I-B-Glenn View Post

BAD

2. No follow cam

I am sooo PO'd about this too. I held off from responding as I hit Rank 6 today, and was figuring it would be a reward for the Rank 6 quiz. But it ISN'T ! How stupid could they be? That was the best camera ever in the previous version. (or Vita version, I forget) I would hit down on the Directional pad just about every time I hit the ball in that game. Why on earth would they figure removing it would be a better thing? It was so cool seeing the view under as well. Probably the BEST feature of the last version...and they didn't even include it. Unbelievable.

There are no more quiz's after Level 6 either.

By the way (spoiler) the reward for the Rank 6 quiz is just an option to manually record your highlights. (stupidness, I know)
    Last edited by NYJets; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:50 PM.

8. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Gallery farming is not too fun either

9. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets View Post
    I am sooo PO'd about this too. I held off from responding as I hit Rank 6 today, and was figuring it would be a reward for the Rank 6 quiz. But it ISN'T ! How stupid could they be? That was the best camera ever in the previous version. (or Vita version, I forget) I would hit down on the Directional pad just about every time I hit the ball in that game. Why on earth would they figure removing it would be a better thing? It was so cool seeing the view under as well. Probably the BEST feature of the last version...and they didn't even include it. Unbelievable.

There are no more quiz's after Level 6 either.

By the way (spoiler) the reward for the Rank 6 quiz is just an option to manually record your highlights. (stupidness, I know)
    This is the same for me, that was not only highly enjoyable, watching the
    different angles of ball flight.
    It really helps learn the landing zones, especially when going cross fairways.
    The game has a straight behind view, just use that please.
    If they are too lazy to finish the game , just leave that view so you have
    a chance to see what is going on with your line of shot.

10. Default Re: New Everybody's Golf game - General Discussion / Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Jitter View Post
    Gallery farming is not too fun either
    Are these programers like 7 years old?
    Great game, fix it up while we are leveling up, lol.
    FIX the game & then go golf cart riding, dumb ass gem hunting & fishing.
    Add all the crap you programers want to add, just First Finish The GAME!
    At least up to the very low standard that WWI was, and hopefully as Senidol believes past even OOB standards.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast