Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tour schedules

1. Default Re: tour schedules

The biggest problem with the schedule is the people who actually play the game would prefer to play the simple courses. I would assume the advanced courses were designed with the better players in mind, but even g0's will select the easier course every time. g3 should have more easier courses on the schedule while g0 should have mainly challenging ones. I got so mad at g0 players the other day selecting a mt sakure tour over a legacy tour that I used the entire clock on every hole. I know I pissed a lot of people off but I don't really care. If you're so good then challenge yourself . I will continue to do so if g0's are going to continue to be little @&^$%!@*$%'s.

Default Re: tour schedules

agreed, I even longing now at the OOB times when there were only sackboy only tours at Rex and in the rain.

Oh and slots should be only in GF tours.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Senidol Guest

I brought up the issue with Clap Hanz before Graded Tours were even released, the Minna server schedule was fixed, but the International server never saw a tour fix. They seemed completely oblivious to how the community online works, and what players want. Through talks, myself, and some other Minna players finally got them to remove G4 and change the rank up requirements, although they probably over did the rank requirements.

The entire slot mode thing I'll never understand, they removed real mode golf to implement a widely unpopular feature and then added it to the already thin tour schedule. The introduction of slot mode tours is what made me step away from the game completely when it comes to competition. They have no online presence at all and have no idea how to balance online play to be both fun and competitive.

With the inclusion of crutches like rank 4-6 equipment, and star costumes the online state of the game is arguably the worst it has ever been competitively. The only G0 tours I've played on the international server were to help fill the early tours for friends. I will not support an online system that is so ignorant to what the player base wants. I made multiple attempts to open dialogue on the subject but it mostly falls on deaf ears.

Due the current state of the game, the G0 bracket is very weak from a skill standpoint. The requirements to rank up are fairly comical, which leads to what Pinhigh mentioned above. When given the choice between easy and challenging, easy tours are picked first. It has a lot to do with server population, which overall lessens the competitive level of the server, and there are a lot of players that don't truly belong in the "G0" bracket. We probably only have about half a dozen players that could have somewhat competed with the high population Japanese server on a consistent basis.

4. Default Re: tour schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    I got so mad at g0 players the other day selecting a mt sakure tour over a legacy tour that I used the entire clock on every hole. I know I pissed a lot of people off but I don't really care. If you're so good then challenge yourself . I will continue to do so if g0's are going to continue to be little @&^$%!@*$%'s.
    Wow, aren't we being self-important sociopaths today?

5. Default Re: tour schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    The biggest problem with the schedule is the people who actually play the game would prefer to play the simple courses. I would assume the advanced courses were designed with the better players in mind, but even g0's will select the easier course every time. g3 should have more easier courses on the schedule while g0 should have mainly challenging ones. I got so mad at g0 players the other day selecting a mt sakure tour over a legacy tour.
    Interesting point and in my limited touring numbers tough to argue with. Personally, I'd rather play you guys on the harder courses cuz I think it gives me a better chance to pod. -7 on Legacy gives me a better shot than -10 on Sakura .

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win, I'm just realistic on my chances.

6. Default Re: tour schedules

Agree with mrp.the easy courses are boring and you end up just going through the motions,rather play leg n Al Arab all day long.ive prob won more on those also

While I agree with what you guys are saying about the easy courses you have to understand that you might have maybe 20 total g0's online at a time and if they see a tourney coming up with 5 people already signed up for Maple and a Legacy with only 1 signed up, where are you gonna go? You want the tourney to actually fill right? If you want people to play the harder courses you need to get people in the lobby by talking or something. You can't just hope that they all choose a game that might not fill.

Was always a problem on OOB. It is actually easier to beat the beasts on a tough course than on an easy course in my opinion. Endless source of frustration to play Maple, Sakura and Kag over and over.

9. Default Re: tour schedules

Quote Originally Posted by kdoll08 View Post
    While I agree with what you guys are saying about the easy courses you have to understand that you might have maybe 20 total g0's online at a time and if they see a tourney coming up with 5 people already signed up for Maple and a Legacy with only 1 signed up, where are you gonna go? You want the tourney to actually fill right? If you want people to play the harder courses you need to get people in the lobby by talking or something. You can't just hope that they all choose a game that might not fill.
    I hear what you're saying KD but my question would be why did the first 5 people sign up for maple in the first place? Going to the lobby and talking to people is useless, it's not going to change peoples mentality, which is to play easy courses at every opportunity. I would much rather just continue to scrutinize my 2 foot putt for 80 seconds. It's like the saying goes: "you can't teach stupid"

To be honest, I'd sign up for Legacy and hope for the best. Then jump in at Maple and rage gently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast