Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

  1. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Do a lot of ppl ply the ps3 version? Gunner on my PSN list, I see him plyin it quite a bit!

  2. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    All valid points star. It's amazing to me that all the responses are from people defending the vita. Where are the complainers? Further evidence that their arguments are not substantiated, just excuses. My pi is .2% better on vita and my pb's are about the same. Vita is convenient, my son often is using the main tv for his I-racing and that's great when you own a vita. To all the complainers: go get a vita if it's so easy, I'll still school you.
    Well I'll step up and complain...... I can't see the putts very well on the vita and my 3 year old consistently presses "New Game" and starts me all over again.

  3. #13

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by S-i-k_b-o-y View Post
    Well I'll step up and complain...... I can't see the putts very well on the vita and my 3 year old consistently presses "New Game" and starts me all over again.
    Haha. Unlucky bud

  4. #14

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost33 View Post
    Do a lot of ppl ply the ps3 version? Gunner on my PSN list, I see him plyin it quite a bit!
    Numbers have dropped from what is was at PS3 release. Around 50-75 people online during peak hours. 20-30 when it's slow

  5. #15
    Senidol Guest

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Does the Vita have a competitive advantage? Yes.

    Is the Vita easier to use mechanically? No.

    Same old story, people misinformed on both sides of the argument make for a lot of unnecessary tears, and saber rattling.
    Last edited by Senidol; 05-20-2015 at 10:17 PM.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    Same old story, people misinformed on both sides of the argument make for a lot of unnecessary tears, and saber rattling.
    Okay, I see

  7. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    So how exactly are we misinformed senidol? I've played enough rounds on both systems to be educated on the matter. Oh, sorry, I forgot, everything you say is fact and other people are just aloud to have opinions.

  8. #18
    Senidol Guest

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    So how exactly are we misinformed senidol? I've played enough rounds on both systems to be educated on the matter. Oh, sorry, I forgot, everything you say is fact and other people are just aloud to have opinions.
    It frustrates me because there shouldn't be an argument in the first place. My comment wasn't directed to anyone in particular, more a general frustration with the topic. I am allowed to show frustration from time to time. The Vita version and the Ps3 are not the same game, they play entirely differently, and in my opinion should not be compared as such.

    Perfect Impact behavior is completely different between the two platforms. Contrary to popular belief Super Perfect Impact is only more beneficial under certain specific circumstances. In the vast majority of cases Perfect Impact is better than Super Perfect Impact.

    The majority of players play with a 2% increment swing meter, every number in the engine has a decimal, there are no true whole numbers when making in game calculations. What this means is more often than not you are going to have "gaps" in the distance needed when hitting SPI.

    The PS3 innately has a huge increased chance of SPI, more than 80% of PI shots are SPI on the PS3. Which actually hurts more then it helps. The Vita on the other hand is built under the original game design for double edged random variables, where perfect impact is more common and super perfect impact is less common.

    This is important because of the behavior of PI and the interaction with a lie. If you have a 98-100% lie and hit SPI it will be 100% of the power hit. If you hit regular PI it can be 99% or 100% of the power hit.

    Under SPI effects, the random lie variable is eliminated and you have a set value for power, but now you have many more power "gaps" overall. With Perfect Impact and a good lie you have a chance to eliminate the power "gap" if there is one.

    In other words, think of Perfect Impact as an extra roll for a hole out if you find yourself in a power "gap" situation. Where as Super Perfect Impact is be right or bust 100% of the time. There is an increased element of "chance" on the Vita, and if played within the confines of the core mechanics of the game you can manipulate those small random variables from disadvantages into advantages.

    "But SPI has better control" Yes this is the case to a certain extent, but you don't really begin to see the value of this until you are at C control. Perfect Impact's random variable distance far outweighs the benefits of the slightly more horizontally accurate Super Perfect Impact.

    That is enough about impact for now, lets talk about side spin. The Vita has the original side spin algorithm from the open tee franchise, the engine this title was originally modeled after. The game was originally designed around this side spin algorithm, its interaction with wind, and the vast majority of characters having low side spin stats. When using side spin on the Vita the shots "level" out much better then on the PS3, because they were designed to do so.

    For whatever insane reason Clap Hanz decided to scrap the open tee side spin algorithm for the out of bounds one, while not taking into consideration the different wind mechanics and character mechanics. This led is vastly inaccurate side spin system in the PS3.

    This is important because the vast majority of side spin shots hit on the Ps3 cannot get back to a "level position" without increasing the characters side spin stat drastically. Obstacle Clearance, Spirals, counter-Fade/Draw shots are all vastly superior on the Vita. The Ps3 is a complete mess when it comes to side spin.

    Another major difference are the rough and sand mechanics on the vita engine. This also includes side spin, as the side spin increases and decreases when in the rough and sand only the Vita has the accurate value for the game engine. The Ps3 does not.

    Rough has greater acceleration on the Vita than the Ps3, this advantage is mostly outdated, but shots are more likely to roll at a higher speed on the Vita then on the Ps3. This can lead to more reachable par 4's, or increased distance for novice and intermediate characters. Clap Hanz has patched the rough on the Vita on three separate occasions, for whatever reason they changed the algorithm a fourth time on the Ps3 while keeping the vita the same.

    TLDR version

    -Perfect Impact > Super Perfect Impact under most circumstances
    (Vita has a much higher PI to SPI ratio.)

    -Side Spin mechanics designed specifically for the game engine only appear on the Vita version of the game and not on the Ps3.

    -Rough mechanics favor lower scores on the Vita.

    The Vita has the better rounded engine, and plays more true to the title. The Ps3 version is kind of an odd chimera that probably shouldn't have been ported and doesn't play properly.

    Do I condone whiners that cry about getting beat by a Vita? Absolutely not, that type of behavior should be frowned upon as we have little to no control over what Clap Hanz gives us.

    But lets not try to pretend that the Vita and the Ps3 are the same game, they aren't. The Vita simply plays more true to the original design intentions of the game giving it an advantage over the Ps3.
    Last edited by Senidol; 05-21-2015 at 01:00 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    near the ocean
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    So, that's the Sheldon explanation how about giving us the Penny explanation.

  10. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToxiKent View Post
    So, that's the Sheldon explanation how about giving us the Penny explanation.
    Vita and PS3 have the same mom but different dads.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone explain how to do extra power shots? (ps3)
    By TheAdipose in forum HSG World Invitational (2011)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 03:17 AM
  2. alright someone explain the lie angle down in the corner
    By zog66 in forum HSG Out Of Bounds / Everybody's Golf World Tour (2007)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •