Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

1. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Played in four G1 tours where I was the only vita player, none of them were rude or called me a cheater. 2 of them were wins maple long tee, gale force and expert only and north fox 9 in hole shuffle. On both tours 8 was 3rd or worse going into the final 3 three holes.

Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

But Shin, that's because you weren't cheating.

I think I'm going to get new T-shirts printed.

3. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Sorry to post to an almost a year-old thread. I have the PS3 and Vita versions and I do think that PI is easier on Vita (at least for me) for one reason. The Vita doesn't have input lag like my hdtv.

4. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kaotic_One View Post
    Sorry to post to an almost a year-old thread. I have the PS3 and Vita versions and I do think that PI is easier on Vita (at least for me) for one reason. The Vita doesn't have input lag like my hdtv.
    I know what you mean, my 75" sammy went from unplayable 52 ms
    to 26 ms after changing settings to DVI-PC, killed bright colors
    but improved responce time & lag.

5. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

I was reading through some old posts and came across one by adt basically dragging my name through the mud. Since I don't play online anymore and have no plans to on the upcoming game let me just take this time to apologize to anyone who I may have offended over the duration of my online play. I tried to treat everyone with respect until that respect was no longer warranted. If I failed I am truly sorry.

However, adt also mentions the fact that I acted like I was better than everyone. I won't apologize for this because I don't believe it to be true. It is my belief that there were around 100 people who were as talented as me, if not more so. The one biggest reason my stats in tours were as good as they were had nothing to do with talent. It had more to do with intelligence. Let me explain. 80-90% of the players in tours live by the "do or die" mentality. They will try to hit the heroic shot every chance they get, not even considering the leaderboard. More often than not my wins came because I relied on others to make mistakes. Ask yourself this, how many times did you see me blow away the competition? The answer is not very often. If I did it was due to holeouts more than anything else. I played with as little risk as possible until I was behind and the leaderboard dictated more aggressive play would be needed.
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to insult anyone. Everyone fights the urge to try to be the hero on every shot. It really doesn't differ from real golf from this standpoint. How do think Fred Couples contends at the masters every year well into his 50's despite giving up 50 yards to most of his competition. It's because he is smarter than most. He knows the course better than most. He doesn't short-side greens or leave downhill putts as often. Basic knowledge of golf and the belief that you will make less mistakes than your competition goes a long way.
    Again, sorry if this offends anyone and I'm sure this comes across as arrogance, but it's true. You simply cannot over the duration of time try every heroic shot. Over the course of 9 holes and especially 18 it will bite you at some point.

Pin don't let a few people get to you. You should be playing the new game online with the rest of us. I had a great time playing with people this weekend on the beta and you would have been more than welcome to join us.

7. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Quote Originally Posted by kdoll08 View Post
    Pin don't let a few people get to you. You should be playing the new game online with the rest of us. I had a great time playing with people this weekend on the beta and you would have been more than welcome to join us.
    Agreeed Pin is a class act, good guy & nice smart player.
    Please don't bail on the good vs the rude , lol.

8. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    I was reading through some old posts and came across one by adt basically dragging my name through the mud. Since I don't play online anymore and have no plans to on the upcoming game let me just take this time to apologize to anyone who I may have offended over the duration of my online play. I tried to treat everyone with respect until that respect was no longer warranted. If I failed I am truly sorry.

However, adt also mentions the fact that I acted like I was better than everyone. I won't apologize for this because I don't believe it to be true. It is my belief that there were around 100 people who were as talented as me, if not more so. The one biggest reason my stats in tours were as good as they were had nothing to do with talent. It had more to do with intelligence. Let me explain. 80-90% of the players in tours live by the "do or die" mentality. They will try to hit the heroic shot every chance they get, not even considering the leaderboard. More often than not my wins came because I relied on others to make mistakes. Ask yourself this, how many times did you see me blow away the competition? The answer is not very often. If I did it was due to holeouts more than anything else. I played with as little risk as possible until I was behind and the leaderboard dictated more aggressive play would be needed.
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to insult anyone. Everyone fights the urge to try to be the hero on every shot. It really doesn't differ from real golf from this standpoint. How do think Fred Couples contends at the masters every year well into his 50's despite giving up 50 yards to most of his competition. It's because he is smarter than most. He knows the course better than most. He doesn't short-side greens or leave downhill putts as often. Basic knowledge of golf and the belief that you will make less mistakes than your competition goes a long way.
    Again, sorry if this offends anyone and I'm sure this comes across as arrogance, but it's true. You simply cannot over the duration of time try every heroic shot. Over the course of 9 holes and especially 18 it will bite you at some point.
    @pinhigh

I read your post, and to be honest, I agree with most of what you've said, I've stated basically the same thing, but I was trashed for it. You were simply ignored. Anyway, I once stated that, in the right hands, a novice could post similar if not better numbers than an expert. I think that guy from Brazil, who plays on a vita, can't remember his name but he proved it too by using Yuna. But that's not what I'm here about, I think we both are comfortable knowing that we don't like each other, fair enough. I just find your way of doing things perplexing and feel the need to ask you about it so I can understand better. Now, you won't play online anymore because people in the chat in that silly tournament were saying some stuff about you, and your son was in the chat and saw it all, that's the story I got. So I'm trying to understand your rational, you are arguably one of the best players in WI, I think your GO win percentage was something like 35 percent win, if I'm not mistaken. That takes a lot of time and effort, it takes someone with a lot of time on their hands, and a strong will to win and do better and constantly improve, but yet you're so weak minded that you crumble up like a girl when someone has some negative things to say about you? It reminds me of the other night, colmanspop was with his friends mfpleze and sonic and some other idiots, and he said to everyone in the tour to watch their language because his grandkids or something was in the room. I thought are you serious? This guy and his friends never take anyone's kids into account every single day when they talk crap and cuss at me, they don't care about my family or anyone else's, and yet they expect different treatment than they give. I thought that was the craziest thing I've ever heard, and it kind of relates to you because you must feel the same way, it's ok for you to say stuff about whoever not knowing who might be watching but how dare they say something against you. I'm having a hard time understanding how someone could be as motivated and strong willed as you, but yet so bitter and hateful that you hold grudges for years on end. I know you and others here will slam me for this, which is fine, the difference between you and me is, while it does bother me that you people say these things about me, I understand that every word you all throw at me is a reflection on you, and it doesn't hurt me in the grand scheme of things. I won't waste one single minute of my life thinking about you all, or letting one of you change the way I do things. I hold no grudges against you or anyone here, you simply don't mean anything to me, you're some random guy on the internet, my friends are here, in real life, I can touch them, my family is here. What you're doing by not playing online is obviously your choice, you can play however you like, but if you're not playing because of what some of your so called friends said, I'd say man up, take your lumps, and come back swinging, don't waste your life being hateful, it only hurts you.

By the way, you vita guys can still play with your vita to play the game on the PS4, Remote play works great, I do it all the time.

Unreal Glenn you just never change. I agree that Pin should be playing and I have seen him back on some lately but he didn't bring the comments on himself like you did. Your actions have been plenty bad not even counting the cheating.

As far as remote play goes it really depends on your connection. If you are playing Final Fantasy you can probably deal with the lag. However a game like this is pretty difficult to do on even the best connection. I actually tried to play the beta from my work PC and while it was functional I sure as hell was not good enough to be competitive because of the lag.

Edit: I know I shouldn't feed the troll but I just can't help it with Glenn sometimes.

10. Default Re: Can someone explain the PS3 Vs Vita debate?

Quote Originally Posted by kdoll08 View Post
    Unreal Glenn you just never change. I agree that Pin should be playing and I have seen him back on some lately but he didn't bring the comments on himself like you did. Your actions have been plenty bad not even counting the cheating.

As far as remote play goes it really depends on your connection. If you are playing Final Fantasy you can probably deal with the lag. However a game like this is pretty difficult to do on even the best connection. I actually tried to play the beta from my work PC and while it was functional I sure as hell was not good enough to be competitive because of the lag.

Edit: I know I shouldn't feed the troll but I just can't help it with Glenn sometimes.
    What exactly were my actions? Not sure what you mean there. And I played the beta with my vita, there was no lag whatsoever, I'm not sure what your deal is kdoll, but obviously you're upset and bitter like pinhigh, maybe you should relax a bit, it's just a game.

Edit: almost forgot, by cheating do you mean what you did on the daily tournament on the beta? You know, using the glitch? Or was that ok, lol
    Last edited by I-B-Glenn; 3 Days Ago at 01:56 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast