Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    Difficult to nail down any era in my opinion. The opening shots would have been Vita only, then when the PS3s came to town, it took a while to catch up, so some Vita domination was to be expected, but that has become less and less, as the game has aged. People have dropped away naturally. New players have emerged and improved, but it is difficult to elbow a way amongst the big dogs, as it needs a perfect round. Since the update, I think there have been more good players, capable of a stellar round than there ever were before, based on simple population mathematics and improvement through experience. And cj is right, we all have our own idea as who we aim for in any tour, the benchmarkers.
    The Ps3 release only added population to the server for about 5-6 months, currently it is about the exact same participation as it was in that era when looking at the daily participation numbers. There are less people in the lobby now, then the first year of the game.

Some players have improved, but I'd give more credit to the clubs and balls then I would experience, each club level has increased the average score by .5 strokes or so. All you have to do is look back at the daily record, and average out the point gap.

The same players that were good at the beginning are in the same place they were then, the field just has slightly better odds then they did before.

2. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Quote Originally Posted by LastNinja64 View Post
    Someone told me you had OOB MrPin, didn't you ever play it online?

You missed a treat, some truly outstanding players and a good number of them.

MasonR was king, Dustsheep was king, Lorefio was king, BeEmerson was king, Plum5smu99ler was king, it was like a damn gaming version of Game of Thrones.

Add to the mix Zahovich, PinkTaco, Albi, Dimmers, Fuxy, STB24, Elektropop, Airscoots, Megaman, Saki and LightKraze. Those are just the ones off the top of my head I played in my time, and I was late to the game. No doubt Dimsum could add a few more quality names to that list.

All of them outstanding and capable of beating anyone else. When I finally made G0 there'd be at least 7 of them in a tour, so it was little wonder I demoted twice and it took me 200 tours to get my 1st win.

Ah happy days, damn I miss that game!
    Yeah I did have it ninja and I played it quite a bit, but I rarely hung out in main lobby( I know shocking). But the big reason you probably never saw me was I just wasn't very good. This is almost embarrassing to say, but here's why. I never used any types of spins not to mention triangle or circle. I would just hit X 3 times. Just stubborn I guess, never learned the finer points of the game. As someone who has owned every title from ps1 to PSP, I often kick myself when I think of all the enjoyment I missed out on. I was good enough to get to g0 without spins but was way out of my league once I got there. Would do my 40 tours, maybe get a podium or 2 and then right back to g1. Never won a g0 event.

3. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Very true dim, since the addition of the higher level club and ball sets it changed the dynamic of the game. It took players that were average and made them good and so on, and as others have stated the jump from 25 to 40% made grading up a breeze. The stats are interesting, but after the updates and DLC the game seems more about flash than actually game play. I still play the regular tee a lot, they're still fun and I use Grace so not everything is drivable, but I know a lot of the players don't anymore. The mirror tee presents more of a challenge, I know Senidol doesn't have high hope for 7 if you haven't read his posts in the Lance tread the news sounds bad, I hope this is something they might fix. I really hope that they're not turning this game into another Mario party.

4. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    Yeah I did have it ninja and I played it quite a bit, but I rarely hung out in main lobby( I know shocking). But the big reason you probably never saw me was I just wasn't very good. This is almost embarrassing to say, but here's why. I never used any types of spins not to mention triangle or circle. I would just hit X 3 times. Just stubborn I guess, never learned the finer points of the game. As someone who has owned every title from ps1 to PSP, I often kick myself when I think of all the enjoyment I missed out on. I was good enough to get to g0 without spins but was way out of my league once I got there. Would do my 40 tours, maybe get a podium or 2 and then right back to g1. Never won a g0 event.
    So you did play some G0 tours? Was you called MrPinhigh or something else?

To be fair, OOB harshly penalised trad players which was stupid and unfair imo. The one thing they got right in WI was that at least every style can hit it as far as any other.

But I think we always have a habit to hark back to the early days, and view with rose tinted spectacles, certainly the case with OOB. It is still rare to win a G0 with an ordinary score, and although the pod accumulation at 40% makes that easier, the 5 tour rotation puts a deal of pressure on far more games than the 40 tour rotation of OOB, meaning that consistency, rather than occasional brilliance is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by LastNinja64 View Post

To be fair, OOB harshly penalised trad players which was stupid and unfair im
    We're not going there again are we?

My T-shirt collection is already bulging.

7. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Lmfao, dim that's great.

8. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Yeah ninja, my gamertag was the same. I just never really cared about the social aspect of the game. To me it was, and always will be about the golf. If I happen(wow I can say happen) to make friends along the way that's awesome. Just not one of those people who cares how long my friends list is. Much rather have a few real good friends than a long list of people I hardly know. I'm working on it though, hell I'm even on this website now which shows improvement lol. Yay me!

9. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

lol I hear ya Pin. I don't hang in other lobbies to be antisocial but rather I'm always dicking around the internet in between tours so I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring people. It happens during tours too. I'll finish a hole and check **** on my laptop and then look back when the next hole starts. I've realized that I've probably unintentionally ignored people talking to me during tours simply by not paying attention.

As far as competition it does suck that accuracy has taken a back seat. I used to love playing in OOB 'Novice only' tours as Toro with INF/INF. He had no distance but was so deadly accurate with high spin that it would make up for it. Oh well, those were the days.
    Titleist 690 MB Bladez Sucka

10. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    We're not going there again are we?

My T-shirt collection is already bulging.
    I didn't understand the logic, I couldn't care less what style people used as long as they didn't have an unfair advantage. I found adv easier to be honest, I don't see why I should have had an extra 30 yards because of it.

Doesn't matter now anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast