Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

1. Default Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Hey everyone, last week I made a post to solicit everyone's opinion as to who the very best golfers (outside of Asia) were, and a bunch of names came up in almost every post. I love stats and sports history/prognostication so I endevoured to do some math to try and make a substantive argument: MrPinhigh69, is the best (despite his very modest claims that his notoriety is derived from his longevity).

These stats were gathered on April 1st, 2015:

Player Wins RU NF GP APPG Win% Top2% Notable%
    BeEmerson 91 82 197 470 3.6 19.3% 36.8% 78.8%
    MrPinhigh69 745 577 804 2856 4.2 26.1% 46.3% 74.4%
    ftlgsdkl 372 261 387 1692 2.8 21.9% 37.4% 60.2%

(Wins - Runner Up - Notable Finish - Games Played - Average Points Per Game - Win Percentage - Top Two Percentage - Notable Finish Percentage)

Admittedly there are others stats who I would like to see cross-referenced against these three players, but nevertheless I challenge someone to make an argument for someone else.

While BeEmerson's Notable Finish rate of almost 80% is extremely commendable and speak to his hyper-consistency, the stats that really jump of the page here are Pinhigh's staggering 26% Win percentage, and 46% top 2 percentage... combined with an unparalleled longevity in the game at this level. That fact that this man wins over a quarter of his tournaments is truly remarkable, as is the notion that he comes first or second in almost HALF of the events he enters. Simply incredible!

Interestingly, to contrast this achievement with real-world golf, Tiger Woods boasts a 25% win rate across his entire career (79wins/318events), which is better than anyone else in the history of the game...

MrPinhigh69 wins more than Tiger Woods... (thats right i said it lol).

In all seriousness though, I do believe that he is the best player we have, and good on him for being such a gracious and humble person. I have been involved in just about every major e-sports community and I can say without question HSG is the most noble, friendly, supportive and humble community out there.

Anyways, like I said I just find this stuff interesting and after all of that discussion was generated I was curious as to the story the stats presented. Cheers everyone!

2. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Those are some crazy stats right there, I'm guilty of looking at other players tournament stats while waiting for my event to start. There's a lot of players out there who have played in a huge amount of tours, I think I have 6 NF in the G0, I have wins and seconds in all other grades but not many. Number don't lie, but keep in mind with your stats some of the players that were named came over from OOB but did not stay or don't play as often as they did, because the experience is not the same. OOB had a lot more meat to it, the DLC for WI added crazy power with the lvl 6 clubs and ball. I do totally agree with them in the top, because not only do they rock the lobby tournaments, they also have won their fair share of the Daily Tours as well.

Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Little known fact.

The statue on the back 9 of Marcielo is MrP himself, taken in classic gaming pose.

4. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Oh here we go again lol. Very interesting stuff, but a few things to point out. First, I totally agree shin, oob stats were way more meaningful and there seemed to be way stiffer competition. Second, some of those stats are misleading. For example, I had seen BeEmerson only a couple times prior to the last month when he started playing regularly. A month ago when we played I felt I beat him more often than not, but since then he has evened that out if not passed me up in relation to wins. That speaks to how good he is as in less than a month he became so dominant. I will say though that the overall podium% is greatly enhanced due to the fact that 40% podium as compared to 25% when FTG and I accumulated most of our stats. Next, when considering FTG, let it be noted that there was a time when tours were hard to fill and FTG would frequently drop a 2nd place finish or a podium to help others podium and keep as many g0's as possible. As far as I remember he kept all wins (very understandable). So his podium % would be way higher. I maybe dropped a couple times only as I have a very hard time quitting, especially now. As a lot of people know, FTG and I are nowhere near friends but fair is fair. Let it be known as well that when he stopped touring a while back, he owned more wins than me and in about 20-30 less tours. Lastly, there are a number of players who have gotten way better over time so the stats they accumulated long ago doesn't portray how good they are. (Starsaber and Thranth come to mind). It would be interesting to me to hear what Beemer and ftg think but if I'm putting a wager down on any regular player to win, my scratch would be on those 2. Thanx for the time spent and the kind words though, much appreciated.

5. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    Little known fact.

The statue on the back 9 of Marcielo is MrP himself, taken in classic gaming pose.
    Lmao dimmer!

6. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Lol dim.
    I have talked to pinner about this same deal but with oob stats.
    I've heard people say Mason was king when he played but in the end it's my opinion that the total win count that BeEmerson set was really something else. Let alone pod percentage.
    Similar deal here with ftg and pinhigh. Both have excellent long term records. But for me is overall win count that I remember.
    Good point about ftg dropping, I myself have been on the receiving end of several pods and to many 2nd places from him as well.
    Appreciate the mention but I think almost everyone can agree that the best player on this server is solid.
    I've seen adt quit before a tour starts when solid jumps into a tournament. Inside 30 yards he has got to be 25% on chip ins. You can count at least one hole out in every 9 holes. He is literally a machine. Pretty sure since he came back his winning percentage is above 40 if not 45%.
    Worst case scenario you enter a tournament with all these monsters. Then you know your battling for a pod.
    Last edited by Thranth; 04-02-2015 at 01:46 AM.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Talressen View Post

These stats were gathered on April 1st, 2015:

Admittedly there are others stats who I would like to see cross-referenced against these three players, but nevertheless I challenge someone to make an argument for someone else.
    Depends on the Era you want to talk about, the above players are without question in the top 10 overall, but I find the current G0 "era" to be very weak and top heavy, you have a 40% pod rate and often times golfing against very few competitors, some of which only become G0 because of the very lenient promotion rules. You can't use the G0 stats as the only metric like you could in OOB, because tournaments are too inconsistent and the field is too small.

The golden age of Everybody's Golf 6 in my opinion were the early GF tours and the original push to G0. Out of the top 10 players in my list in the other thread 8 or 9 of them all played concurrently compared to maybe 3 or 4 today. The field is probably half as strong as it used to be, and tournaments a third the size.

8. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

Someone told me you had OOB MrPin, didn't you ever play it online?

You missed a treat, some truly outstanding players and a good number of them.

MasonR was king, Dustsheep was king, Lorefio was king, BeEmerson was king, Plum5smu99ler was king, it was like a damn gaming version of Game of Thrones.

Add to the mix Zahovich, PinkTaco, Albi, Dimmers, Fuxy, STB24, Elektropop, Airscoots, Megaman, Saki and LightKraze. Those are just the ones off the top of my head I played in my time, and I was late to the game. No doubt Dimsum could add a few more quality names to that list.

All of them outstanding and capable of beating anyone else. When I finally made G0 there'd be at least 7 of them in a tour, so it was little wonder I demoted twice and it took me 200 tours to get my 1st win.

Ah happy days, damn I miss that game!

9. Default Re: Gods Among Men: Stats of the Elite

I think everyone has there own "best payer" opinion from their own experience playing. I've been pretty consistent since the game dropped for PS3 and my opinion would be solid718 with pinhigh69 a very close second .. Soo many great players though..

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    Depends on the Era you want to talk about, the above players are without question in the top 10 overall, but I find the current G0 "era" to be very weak and top heavy, you have a 40% pod rate and often times golfing against very few competitors, some of which only become G0 because of the very lenient promotion rules. You can't use the G0 stats as the only metric like you could in OOB, because tournaments are too inconsistent and the field is too small.

The golden age of Everybody's Golf 6 in my opinion were the early GF tours and the original push to G0. Out of the top 10 players in my list in the other thread 8 or 9 of them all played concurrently compared to maybe 3 or 4 today. The field is probably half as strong as it used to be, and tournaments a third the size.
    Difficult to nail down any era in my opinion. The opening shots would have been Vita only, then when the PS3s came to town, it took a while to catch up, so some Vita domination was to be expected, but that has become less and less, as the game has aged. People have dropped away naturally. New players have emerged and improved, but it is difficult to elbow a way amongst the big dogs, as it needs a perfect round. Since the update, I think there have been more good players, capable of a stellar round than there ever were before, based on simple population mathematics and improvement through experience. And cj is right, we all have our own idea as who we aim for in any tour, the benchmarkers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast