Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the "Elite" few?

1. Default Who are the "Elite" few?

Was a little late to the party, having ordered a hard copy of the JAP version from the get go. I would like to just get everyone's thoughts on who the very very best at the game are (aside from the Asian servers). I am talking about Top 5 level players. What are some of your thoughts?

I will throw out a few names that have grabbed my attention in the 50 or so G0's i have played over the last couple months...

Pinhigh - Always a consistent threat to win the event, seems to play insanely clutch down the stretch, performs on all types of courses/conditions. Also, obscenely good chipping.

Starsaber - Probably the best at dealing with adverse conditions/restrictions, seems unbeatable when hes at his best, always gets a clutch hole out.

BeEmerson - Dude just plays so cleanly, he always is way ahead on points, if he gets ahead early you need to hole something he just doesn't make many mistakes. Not as dominant as some of the others but hyper consistent.

Honorbale Mentions: Zephyr, stephenjacobson, Nightfox

2. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Jeez, tough question. My top 5 players would be tough, so many. I've played against pin in tournaments in the lobby crazy good, and am playing our first turn based, and he's about to open a can on me. I would say top five active players, no order Pinhigh, Primal_Rage, 5-0, Starsaber, and mostly definitely Thrath I have played him one on one, beautiful shooter. Wish I played like that. Better make that a top six Senidol, sickest player I've come across, knows every flat shot on the fairway, it's crazy.

3. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

I will put ftgsdkl although I have not seen him on Hot Shots Golf for awhile.

4. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

He's been playing the tour lately, totally forgot about pnx. It's tough, there's a lot of good players out there.

5. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Thanks for the kind words fellas, but I think a lot of people just see me on top of points list and most tour wins and assume I'm one of the best. I don't see it that way. To me those are just stats acquired mainly due to longevity as I'm sure I've played the most rounds. I consider myself a very good player but the question was "elite". That's a nice list of great players but here would be the best I've seen. I have to go with a list of 6 because in my opinion there are a group of about 50 players a step behind these guys. In no particular order: Solid, Koontzmeister, Senidol, Electrpop, Zephyr, and BeEmerson.

6. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Nice list pin totally forgot about Koontz and electrpop.

7. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
    Thanks for the kind words fellas, but I think a lot of people just see me on top of points list and most tour wins and assume I'm one of the best. I don't see it that way. To me those are just stats acquired mainly due to longevity as I'm sure I've played the most rounds. I consider myself a very good player but the question was "elite". That's a nice list of great players but here would be the best I've seen. I have to go with a list of 6 because in my opinion there are a group of about 50 players a step behind these guys. In no particular order: Solid, Koontzmeister, Senidol, Electrpop, Zephyr, and BeEmerson.
    You're probably not far wrong with that list, although I'd put ftg above a few of them.

Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

MasonR should be added to the list. Although he doesn't play as of late he was certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Controversial question, I'll give my honest opinion on former and current players.

1. Lorefio (inactive)
    2. MasonR (inactive)
    2. Elektropop (inactive)

4. Solid718 (active)
    5. Unseen555 (inactive)
    6. Zephyrxiii (semi-active)
    6. MrPinHigh69 (active)
    7. Ftgsdkl (semi-active)
    8. BeEmerson(active)

After the top 8 there is a long list of G0 capable players that can compete with anyone with their A game, but sometimes lack consistency to rack up as many overall quality rounds as the guys above.

As far as current active players playing G0 tournaments?

1. Solid718
    2. MrPinHigh69
    3. BeEmerson

Best all around players in Minna No Golf 6 I've played against Globally:

1. OnTo0105
    2. Shihiko
    3. Lorefio
    4. S1n1
    5. Maronpafe

Not going to rank myself, as I find it kind of silly to do so.

10. Default Re: Who are the "Elite" few?

Shame on me for forgetting Lorefio. Guy is awesome! Out of sight out of mind I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast