Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Thranth and I just played our round. Thranth won -22 to -16. Round turned on hole 8 when he hit a great eagle put on the par 4 of about 45 ft. He pulled away on the back 9 and played great. Good luck in the next round. Also here is the most up to date bracket. Once the last of these second round matches are over we can begin the double elimination portion of the bracket. I may have to set it up a little different because of Glenn's shenanigans or there may be a couple byes where he would have been.

Last edited by kdoll08; 03-21-2015 at 02:16 PM.

2. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Was good game kdoll with the only difference being the eagles on 7,8 and 14 I made and also because you kept going for air risers and spirals every approach and chip in. He was trying to get best drives by bouncing down cart paths and off buildings and used 8 iron with super top spin to go down aquaduct. He hit driver on 7 and bounced off deck of boat with pink sale (said he likes pink) and landed 3 ft from pin but then ended up 4 putting from there. V ul bud. ha jk gg
    Other than that was shot for shot.

3. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Solid and I just finished. I took an early lead when we both put it on the green on 2 and I made 32 footer for eagle while he missed a much more difficult 18 footer. On first par 3 I shank approach and make another 30+ footer. phew. The on first par 5 solid drives in sand and only manages par. I eagle and take a 3 shot lead. what could go wrong I'm thinkin. Next hole I par. Lead down to 2. At this point we both admitted to feelin the nerves of playing each other. Couple holes later Solid holes out lead down to 1. Then on 9 he drove one almost ob and approached to sand where he would lip his chip. I birdie for a 2 shot lead at the turn. We would match birds and eags until I believe 14 where he would spank a drive onto front edge of green about 20 ft away. At this point I figured if Max can only get to front edge I'm going to need a rough skip to get on. Worked perfectly to 15 ft. Both made putts still 2 shot lead. On 17 Solid would pound it to 25 yds from the green while I took safer route to about 90 yds. We would both hit sbs burners just wide right. For the record, I thought they were both going in when they landed.On 18 Solid pures another drive and I'm thinking ok, no big deal, one pi and it's over. That didn't happen. Bunny to drink. Solid hits to 6 ft and at this point I better hit good app from 190 cuz points are gonna be real close if I don't. Put it 4 ft. Final score Pinhigh -22 Solid -21. Ok breathe. Very fun game, helluva match solid!!

4. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Thanks for the match AC. Very casual match and no pressure. Looks like I'll be playing Pin next round. Looking forward to it. I'll have to be in good form to beat him for sure. Good luck to both of us

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Thanks for the match AC. Very casual match and no pressure. Looks like I'll be playing Pin next round. Looking forward to it. I'll have to be in good form to beat him for sure. Good luck to both of us
    Ha! No pressure for you I'm sure. My nerves had me a little rattled. Never the less it was a fun match.

6. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Arob having trouble finding you on PSN

His psn name is aaroncody

8. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Zeph and I just wrapped it up! It was a very close match until we hit our first tee shots. I wish there was more to report but he basically took me behind the woodshed and spanked me good. He set what he thinks was a pb at -23. I won't even post my score but it was 6 less than him. Very nice pb zeph and good luck to you and Tman in the next round.

9. Default Re: New Tourney Thread don't feed the Trolls

Played Zephyr last night on tour, in what turned out to be a comedy of errors.
    I took 2 stroke lead on first par 5 when he went into the drink. I then promptly went par-par to even things up for the front 9.
    Zephs Tee shot on 10 left him having to lay up which worked well because I hit my approach in to the bunker.
    A couple of missed putts and chips by both of us really sums up the round as neither of us was stellar but in the end I eeked out the win. GG Z

Just come out of an epic battle with cj. Error free for all, where the difference was 4 points after 13 holes, but an eagle chip sealed a -23 to -22 scoreline in favour of cj. I couldn't have done anymore, well played.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast