Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing online?

1. Default Playing online?

Ok so I purchased Hot Shots Holf out of bounds for the ps3 a couple years ago and loved playing it online. I lent the disc to a friend and moved out of state and never got the disc back. I recently purchased the game through the ps3 store to start playing it again, however whenever I try to play online it says "checking version" and hangs, then it says "connection problem please check your connection and try again."
    My connection is clearly ok so my question is, is there still online play for this game and I just need to go by the actual disc to have the right version to play online or is the online play dead due to the age of the game?

TIA

Default Re: Playing online?

Online for OOB closed just over a year ago (*sob*). I personally find it somewhat disingenuous of Sony to continue to sell the game through the PSN Store when half of the game and arguably the best part of it is inaccessible.

3. Default Re: Playing online?

That makes me a sad panda. Well thank you for the information. I totally agree. I seem to remember my disc version having miniature golf also but this store version does not. Am i mistaken?

No mini golf on OOB. Earlier installments had it.

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    No mini golf on OOB. Earlier installments had it.
    HSG:Fore had a couple of mini-golf courses (one easy, one very hard after you unlocked it) and a 9-hole par 3 course. Also had about 15 courses and 24 characters - great value.

6. Default Re: Playing online?

WHAT???? No longer online???? What shall the returning PURPLE WeeAngel play now? Pooh Stew!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeAngel View Post
    WHAT???? No longer online???? What shall the returning PURPLE WeeAngel play now? Pooh Stew!!!
    You'll have to pop down to the PSN Store to buy World Invitational. Passes the time.

8. Default Re: Playing online?

i have the disc version of Everybodys Golf WT, which i cannot update to get the playstation move controller patch (now that the servers are online). Does anyone know if the PSN version currently available in the Playstation store has the Move features already installed?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pcook74 View Post
    i have the disc version of Everybodys Golf WT, which i cannot update to get the playstation move controller patch (now that the servers are online). Does anyone know if the PSN version currently available in the Playstation store has the Move features already installed?

Cheers
    I'd be surprised.

10. Default Re: Playing online?

Just to confirm...

I downloaded and installed the PSN version today and it does include the update for the Move controller and other features that were missing the disc version.

Obviously, it cannot be played online anymore, but at least is fully functional with regards to controllers and content now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast