Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacked points?

1. Default Re: Hacked points?

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    Ya Canillo has always been good, possibly the only Canadian on my friends list?
    Thanks so much for the game the putting tips, very very helpfull.
    I had fun, and learned a lot. :>)
    You are a very generous person, with not only your advice,
    but your most valuable resourse, your Time. ( Patience + :>)

I am playing daily's and at my level learning from them, bit I see the problems
    that can be there, but it's still a good personal challange.

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Hacked points?

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I don't know, most of what you say also describes how the 'best' players get to be the best. Doing something until it becomes second nature. Hitting the same shot over and over. Etc. etc.

Certainly something to what you say, but at the end of the round each person had to hit the shots that gave them their score. Hoboclone waxing everyone was not only a product of possibly 'practicing'.
    There is a pretty big difference between practicing a course normally, and being able to know the exact random variables of a course before hand. Not accusing anyone in particular of playing "unfairly" just kind of stating the obvious.

I don't follow the daily weekly, but from what I can see from briefly scanning the daily results this RandomHoboClone person is most likely a second account, or some old player hiding under a new name. I don't know if the account has been in lobby or toured, but I haven't seen it yet when I've checked in with friends. I'm not saying the person that plays under the account isn't skilled, but you have to take it at face value.

The daily tournament is the equivalent of hunting PB's, it is a lot of fluff, with no real skill representation. You have to take a players entire body of work into account if you want to judge them by skill, a name on a leader board means very little if that leader board isn't achieved through real time game play.

3. Default Re: Hacked points?

No, the basics of it are the same and "exact random" speaks for itself. As I said, the person still needs to execute the shots and also make the putts. Unless they are skilled it's not that easy, as you know.

And calling the Daily PB hunting is a bit far fetched. PB hunting is restarting from any point in a round that doesn't yield the desired results.

Anyway, just a bit of banter and should say I appreciate all you've added to the site and my game.

Sorry, had to chase my 2yr old a bit.... Wanted to add that the entire body of work denote "best" not most skilled. And yeah I'm splitting hairs but having the most trophy's is only a reflection of who the competition was. Hmmm, sounds bad but I don't have better words for it. Hope my meaning comes through though. Of course it applies to Daily's too, lol.

There is a pretty big difference between practicing a course normally, and being able to know the exact random variables of a course before hand. Not accusing anyone in particular of playing "unfairly" just kind of stating the obvious.

I don't follow the daily weekly, but from what I can see from briefly scanning the daily results this RandomHoboClone person is most likely a second account, or some old player hiding under a new name. I don't know if the account has been in lobby or toured, but I haven't seen it yet when I've checked in with friends. I'm not saying the person that plays under the account isn't skilled, but you have to take it at face value.

The daily tournament is the equivalent of hunting PB's, it is a lot of fluff, with no real skill representation. You have to take a players entire body of work into account if you want to judge them by skill, a name on a leader board means very little if that leader board isn't achieved through real time game play.
    Last edited by willy; 10-20-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    And calling the Daily PB hunting is a bit far fetched. PB hunting is restarting from any point in a round that doesn't yield the desired results.
    There are still ways you can easily replay it with multiple saves. It is more complicated now after the change to the servers but it is still doable. With the release of the Ps3 version you also have more opportunity for two consoles now, you can go into the daily, get all the winds and pin positions, go into the daily and have another console open and you can practice the shot you want to hit an infinite number of times. Again not naming names, but it has been done before, and people have been caught doing it. I'm not trying to talk down to people that enjoy the daily, because it can be a lot of fun, but I just can't recognize it as a "fair" online system of play.

Any way you look at it, a system that is easily exploitable really isn't a good system. The sad thing about WI and tours is that the competition was stronger when there was only GF tours in the first few months of the game.
    Last edited by Senidol; 10-20-2013 at 08:22 PM.

5. Default Re: Hacked points?

Well see there, I'd never think to go that far but you're right in that there probably are those that would. And to be fair I believe you look at the "best" differently than I do. Or so I assume based on your previous postings on the subject. Anyway, the game is still fun for me and I just try to do better than I have the day before. Daily and all.

Cheers to you for all your thoughts.

There are still ways you can easily replay it with multiple saves. It is more complicated now after the change to the servers but it is still doable. With the release of the Ps3 version you also have more opportunity for two consoles now, you can go into the daily, get all the winds and pin positions, go into the daily and have another console open and you can practice the shot you want to hit an infinite number of times. Again not naming names, but it has been done before, and people have been caught doing it. I'm not trying to talk down to people that enjoy the daily, because it can be a lot of fun, but I just can't recognize it as a "fair" online system of play.

Any way you look at it, a system that is easily exploitable really isn't a good system. The sad thing about WI and tours is that the competition was stronger when there was only GF tours in the first few months of the game.

• Multiple accounts.
    • Able to practice shots/putts on a second device in training.

l.
    I didn't understand this at first, guess I'm thick, but now I do, dang it. Kinda crappy, wouldn't work for me because my PI is garbage, but it would for experienced players. I'm still gonna win, I'll beat the cheaters too, someday..., won't be today though I guess that also throws doubt into personal best scores, I mean with multiple devices any things possible.

Anyway, back on topic, I saw on the prize king rankings today another 99999999, lol, at it again I suppose.

Edit: after seeing the scores from yesterday's maple leaf regular tee, teeny cup, rainy. I changed my mind, I simply can't beat you cheaters.

Edit2: just re read my edit, I felt like erasing it at first glance, but I'll leave it there cuz it's funny
    Last edited by Glenn; 01-11-2015 at 06:41 AM.

7. Default Re: Hacked points?

my friend used this code to unlock everything he also did not know it was a leader board hack. but now he's banned on vita (he only used it on PS3) i think that's Garbage that he got banned for using a cheat on PS3 that he can't use on vita. that tells you sony's not very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    my friend used this code to unlock everything he also did not know it was a leader board hack. but now he's banned on vita (he only used it on PS3) i think that's Garbage that he got banned for using a cheat on PS3 that he can't use on vita. that tells you sony's not very smart.

No offense bud, but your "friend" cheated to get free points to unlock everything faster, even though who really cares, I suppose Sony does. And hacking the game in any way is not cool with them, so I'm glad he got banned. You know I had a "friend" who made his avatar on his outlook mail his weener, "he" got banned, that guy was a little weird, just sayin

my 2 cents. I don't see why using the tools available would be cheating. after all there is no advantage to using multiple accounts anyone can do it. I myself am not that ambitious but I don't have a problem with anyone who is. hacking on the other hand is imo stealing and sony should deal with them as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxiKent View Post
    my 2 cents. I don't see why using the tools available would be cheating. after all there is no advantage to using multiple accounts anyone can do it. I myself am not that ambitious but I don't have a problem with anyone who is. hacking on the other hand is imo stealing and sony should deal with them as they see fit.

I have multiple accounts, a lot of people do, it don't bother me at all. The thing that does though is using those accounts to better your score in the daily/weekly, that bothers me, plus people going one, two, three times sucks too because maybe I coulda been in the top one hundred if those 100 people haven't gone 2 or 3 times, kinda goes into the realm of douchebaggery in my opinion. I have accounts in G0, G1, G2, and G3, and I purposely keep them there, just so I can play a tour without waiting a few hours, maybe that's douchebaggery too, I dunno, maybe, who's to say?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast