Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacked points?

Default Re: Hacked points?

Quote Originally Posted by jleviathan View Post
    guys agreed it is just a game. however on the other hand these hackers do harm you because they ruin your enjoyment of the online service you paid for in buying the game. i belive this should be a criminal offence it is theft of a paid service. ie stealing cable
    To be fair, they haven't done anything apart from make themselves look like jerks. To be smart enough to crack a code on a PS3 game, and then stupid enough to do something as meaningless as this is a real paradox. When they start driving par 5s, that's when I'll get the trollice involved.

2. Default Re: Hacked points?

I'd highly doubt they were hackers, who in their right mind would spend time hacking the hex code to simply have their name on the leaderboard? - and why would each of them select to have the max points? I'd suspect they were test accounts and had maxed their points because of all the testing, and when they login to the server for online testing, their scores were placed on the leaderboard. Just my guess, I never saw of any of the "offenders" online which I think points to an admin reason as well.

Senidol Guest

It was most likely just sloppy Hex work by the trophy hunter crowd. Save files are the only thing you can really edit, so there won't be cheats or anything like that as the engine data isn't accessible. But if you make a mistake when trying to edit the save file it can show up as 999999999 points or whatever. They probably signed online for the daily tournament trophy and didn't know that the points would be recorded in the Prize King Rankings.

None of the offending players played online frequently to my knowledge, so the integrity of the game really wasn't jeopardized in my opinion. If the offending people made it look more legit and the numbers showed more intention, I could see why people would be upset about this. But it is pretty obvious they didn't get their points legit. It would be a much bigger deal if someone found a way to automate the game engine and use cheats to gain a competitive advantage.

On another note, the 25mb patch we got saying "bug fix" was probably for this purpose, but it took a maintenance or two for it to implement. Some similar things have happened in the past.
    Last edited by Senidol; 10-09-2013 at 08:56 AM.

I googled game genie and found the answer there, anyway I'm not worried about points, but understand others are. My beef is the tournaments, and wondering how in the world some folks shoot numbers like that on one try when they can't even get through a match online, but it is what it is.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I googled game genie and found the answer there, anyway I'm not worried about points, but understand others are. My beef is the tournaments, and wondering how in the world some folks shoot numbers like that on one try when they can't even get through a match online, but it is what it is.
    There are no cheats online at all, you are just running into some really bad manner gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    There are no cheats online at all, you are just running into some really bad manner gamers.
    I play a lot of the best guys, by best I mean I see their names on the top of the weekly list often, and you can quickly tell who's very good and who's just not. But then again, sometimes I'm horrible, and it's really tough getting through the match, and sometimes I'm on fire, so I guess it's that way for most people, so who knows. I've faced a lot of the best, and either canillo is the best I've faced by far or he was red hot when we played, because it was over real quick, lol. Who was that guy who won the weekly last week? Never saw him online, and he beat everybody, and I mean everybody by 4 or 5 strokes a day. Guess he was hot, I'd like to play him

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I play a lot of the best guys, by best I mean I see their names on the top of the weekly list often, and you can quickly tell who's very good and who's just not. But then again, sometimes I'm horrible, and it's really tough getting through the match, and sometimes I'm on fire, so I guess it's that way for most people, so who knows. I've faced a lot of the best, and either canillo is the best I've faced by far or he was red hot when we played, because it was over real quick, lol. Who was that guy who won the weekly last week? Never saw him online, and he beat everybody, and I mean everybody by 4 or 5 strokes a day. Guess he was hot, I'd like to play him
    The Daily tournament isn't a good representation of skill really. It is the one place that is vulnerable to unfair play.

• Multiple accounts.
    • Getting the wind and pin locations beforehand.
    • No time limit on shots.
    • Able to practice shots/putts on a second device in training.

Those are just a few of the ways the integrity of the Daily Tournament is damaged, early on in the games life there were multiple people that would win the daily but wouldn't come within 5-6 strokes of the better tour players online. Most of the sketchy people would disappear soon after being confronted. On Minna 6 the cheating in the daily tournament gets almost comical.

And Nillo has been red hot for a number of years. LJ anyone?

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    And Nillo has been red hot for a number of years. LJ anyone?
    Ya Canillo has always been good, possibly the only Canadian on my friends list?

10. Smile Re: Hacked points?

I don't know, most of what you say also describes how the 'best' players get to be the best. Doing something until it becomes second nature. Hitting the same shot over and over. Etc. etc.

Certainly something to what you say, but at the end of the round each person had to hit the shots that gave them their score. Hoboclone waxing everyone was not only a product of possibly 'practicing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    The Daily tournament isn't a good representation of skill really. It is the one place that is vulnerable to unfair play.

• Multiple accounts.
    • Getting the wind and pin locations beforehand.
    • No time limit on shots.
    • Able to practice shots/putts on a second device in training.

Those are just a few of the ways the integrity of the Daily Tournament is damaged, early on in the games life there were multiple people that would win the daily but wouldn't come within 5-6 strokes of the better tour players online. Most of the sketchy people would disappear soon after being confronted. On Minna 6 the cheating in the daily tournament gets almost comical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast