Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacked points?

1. Default Hacked points?

So whilst exploring the various things in the game, I thought I'd look at the Prize King Rankings.
    To my surprise I found out that there were six people with the same number of points, in the same position, and all using the same console. Nothing too special? yes... until:
    the points are 999999999,
    the position is 1
    the console is ps3 (for which the game has been out for significantly less than for the vita - infact there is no one except the aforementioned that is on ps3 in the top 100)

They are in six, and they have no shame being at the top. MrPinhigh is now in 7th place, when he should be in first.
    Also I will add that during the last week I think i lost over 50 places in the ranking, which is rather suspicious due to the fat that I've been very active in this last week (I'm in top 300 in the ranking btw).

Thanks,
    Acheonable

Default Re: Hacked points?

yeah

that's all i got to say about that

and this isn't directed at you, ache...i've been in tournaments with you, and you seem like a decent guy. but given what i have seen and heard so far...the best way to enjoy this game online is to goof around with friends in GFs or game rooms, or to work on personal records to feel proud of yourself. this is no longer the days of OOB/EGWT, where the worst thing that could happen is some jerkoff reloads his game save so that he doesn't get demoted
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

Senidol Guest

Those are definitely hacked saves, it is probably trophy hunting people doing it.

Good news is, I've never seen a single one of them online, and they probably only got recognized by the system for getting the daily participation trophy. Also to my knowledge there isn't a way to hack the game from an actual competitive stand point.

There are only two valid reasons to edit a save file, and that is if something got corrupted or your ps3 YLOD.
    Last edited by Senidol; 08-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.

4. Default Re: Hacked points?

Does this matter when game features are not working properly? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BChip View Post
    Does this matter when game features are not working properly? Just saying.
    It matters not a jot when it comes to playing the game, but it is always irksome when someone cheats, even in this small and unnecessary way

6. Default Re: Hacked points?

Yes, I do agree there might be more important features in the game that need adressing (last but not least the 'laggy' gauge) but as dimskill said, it still annoying seing certain things weather or not they are the most destructive to the game or not.
    It would be nice that people get the recognition that they deserve after having spent countless hours on the game.

Thanks
    Acheonable

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    It matters not a jot when it comes to playing the game, but it is always irksome when someone cheats, even in this small and unnecessary way
    for some reason, i am one of those people who find it more than irksome. i do apologize for continuing to make CoD references, but some of the earlier CoD titles are a hell of a lot of fun..until you suffer through a string of games where someone is playing with an invincibility hack or some other bs. even when they're on my team, i don't like it. but...just like this game...the older CoDs just don't have some dedicated support that'll hop to and deliver swift justice. the only thing you can do is back out or just not play the game. there are just as many people paying attention to possible hacking/cheating on the WI/EG server as there are people paying attention to the tournament schedule.

these are all games...they're just silly games that we play for personal entertainment. but, if you're competitive like i am, you still feel compelled to spend your time gaming successfully. i suppose it's that definition of 'successfully' that you have to take a look at if you're playing a game with others who have an unfair advantage of some sort
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

I'm totally with you Plum, having been a "clean" athlete throughout. But because the points are irrelevant, I am less bothered than I might have been if these people had hacked in a game changing way.

They fixed it tonight.

10. Default Re: Hacked points?

guys agreed it is just a game. however on the other hand these hackers do harm you because they ruin your enjoyment of the online service you paid for in buying the game. i belive this should be a criminal offence it is theft of a paid service. ie stealing cable

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast