Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

1. Default Most frustrating Crown challenge?

Hey all,

I've been playing through Challenge mode (PS3) to get all my unlocks, and I've been trying to crown everything as I go, rather than just get the stars and have to play it all twice.

So far, I've done everything from tiers 1 to 5, except 5-5. For the life of me, I'm having a hell of a time with a challenge that shouldn't be as difficult as I'm finding it (18H Al Arabian, 100% GIR for crown, no other conditions).

Aside from this, I found 3-2 (La Provence 9H, no rough) frustrating, but eventually got through it, as well as 5-VS2 (Max costume, Slot mode, can't bogey). Was wondering what the general consensus for "most annoying crown in the game" is, if there is one.

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

Just wait until the platinum tier where it forces you to use a new swing type every event, for 18h of long tee. I went from 70.2% career PI to 65% after completing those lol.

3. Default Re: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

...I don't know what worries me more, that tier as noted, or the fact that your 70+% PI sounds like a mythical beast. I'm sitting at a usual 40-50%.

Also, I was working on 5-5 as I wrote my last post in this, and had a good run going, up until hole 17, where I just barely fringed. Aren't restarts fun?

Senidol Guest

Also Izzak cosplay versus can be very daunting. The computer had it out for me, and I had to birdie the last 6 holes at legacy in a points patch with Teeny cup. To get the crown, I could have beat him multiple times but had to get the consecutive birdie thing for the crown.

5. Default Re: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

This is going to be a really silly question but could somebody here tell me how they can see the challenges for achieving crowns? I'm not sure where you guys are seeing the information at. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by PoPnSURGE View Post
    This is going to be a really silly question but could somebody here tell me how they can see the challenges for achieving crowns? I'm not sure where you guys are seeing the information at. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
    I believe it only shows it after the challenge. If you beat the challenge & only get a star it then shows the criteria for getting a crown. Of course you could do well enough to get a crown the first time without knowing what the criteria was but you won't know until after you play the challenge.

7. Default Re: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

Not quite. You need to clear the gold rank Vs match (against pandora) before the criteria will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarIV View Post
    Not quite. You need to clear the gold rank Vs match (against pandora) before the criteria will show up.
    Ok. Or just get the crown without knowing. I know it shows up if you do that.

9. Default Re: Most frustrating Crown challenge?

I forget which one in the last tier it is but there is one with gir 100% with super wind that always goes at least 11 mph and up to 16. I must have tried that 50 time before I got it in minna. The most frustrating part is getting to like hole 16 and then losing it. Grrrr

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast