Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what I finally found for 5$

Default Look what I finally found for 5$

For 5 dollars at a local rummage sale I found this game!

So I bought it, this should hold me over until the World Invitational comes to the PS3.

2. Default Re: Look what I finally found for 5$

great buy,just get ready for all the updates to download. 3d update ruined the game allthough.

Default Re: Look what I finally found for 5$

I'm not going to use Active Mode, thats where the 3D part is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze27 View Post
    I'm not going to use Active Mode, thats where the 3D part is right?
    Active is for the PS Move.

I think (but I wouldn't know) that it just goes 3D when you have a 3D capable TV.

Oh weird, because my version isn't bad at all I'm going to be online in a little bit, can't believe how much I forgot about this game.

6. Default Re: Look what I finally found for 5$

nope on tv with 3d it is active no matter what tv you have. it is one of the updates.
    i think in the menu r3 adjusts it but you can not totaly turn it off like it should be able to.

You can disable 3D on your PS3 in the XMB. I had to do this because the impact dot using Advanced swing was halfway buried. Just go to display settings and manually pick your TV's resolutions and save. To get 3D capabilities back, just use the auto-detect option.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

8. Default Re: Look what I finally found for 5$

my tv keeps asking me if i would like 3d on everytime i load program. kinda anoying. it's only with this game that it happens with. gt5 has a menu option to turn it off.

Alright cool! and thanks guys it makes it less annoying now.

Elektropop and I were reminiscing about this title yesterday (Sunday) and when he told me the servers were still up and running, I opted to revisit a place that had given me so many happy (and frustrating) memories...

My old (grand piano from 2005) PS3 died for a third time last month (YLOD) so my new super slim machine was a virgin in terms of DLC and updates for the good old OOB disk I had dusted down after being left on the shelf for a very long time.

"This shouldn't take too long," I said to myself... How wrong I was.

The disk went in the machine at around 6pm.... the first batch of updates (935 of them) took about three hours... then I had to salvage the DLC across two accounts (don't ask) - one of which I had not used for years and needed to retrieve my password from Sony to access.

I plugged away but noticed G-Rex and Toro were not available in offline mode so I figured they would appear once I went online....

When I did that, I was told I needed more updates - "ah the last 3D/move patch" - and sat through another few hours of waiting for more updates, this time around 665 or so.

"Hmmm, the screen looks dark," I said to myself when I opted to test out Anya on the training course/driving range... Also the circle on advanced mode was half buried in the ground and I could not PI for a toffee...

Back to the forum and Gaoler's useful advice about adjusting 'display mode' to ignore 3D tvs and just read the 4 resolutions (from 480 to 1080) was deployed and I rebooted.

At last! The game looked fantastic (I can't believe I had played all those months on the old machine after the final patch with the handicap of a dark screen and incomplete circle and not sought the wisdom of the forum) and I was ready to go. I even did a quick check of Minna 6 after I adjusted the display settings and that looked much better too.....

Sadly, by the time I managed to reach this stage it was 4am! I was dead on my feet but will be ready to play tomorrow.

It was a long haul and I hope its worth it. In the time it took me to 'put the disk in and play a few rounds' - I witnessed Seb Vettel win the German Grand Prix, Chris Froome fight off several attacks to retain his Yellow Jersey and Andy Murray win Wimbledon on my other TV... distractions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast