Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

Default Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

Putting is the worst part of my game to say the least. Any time I look for tips on putting, people are talking about how to approach up and down slopes. I get that. That's easy. I need a way to approach left and right slopes without having to just guess and hope for the best. I have an idea as to how much break I need to anticipate but most of the time it just ends up being a missed put. Any help?
    I'm callin' shenanigans.

Default Re: Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

The best attribute to have is experience. I've never putted by the numbers when it comes to breaks, especially as it changes depending on whether you are going uphill or downhill. Nailing the weight dead on, especially for downhillers, gives a little more latitude, as the ball is more likely to drop if it catches an edge.

The key is to unlock the space between the player and the hole... occupy it, then 'paint your picture there!'

You have to visualize the break left to right & know downhill putts will break more. Distance control is basically just math.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    You have to visualize the break left to right & know downhill putts will break more. Distance control is basically just math.
    What VOLS said. I always try and err on the high side and get the pace spot on, remember gravity is your friend

Well, in the end everything's just math in this game. If you get down to the nitty gritty.

Distance control is key. Besides math, it's also execution, because sometimes it needs to be 1% unit accurate. Basically you need to "PI" a putt. For those really swirvy ones, you have to give extra distance. This problem is much more pronounced in the latest installment of the series, because of the greens and the mechanics of the game.

7. Default Re: Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

Hello Ninja and Welcome to the Community,

I been playing this game since 2009 starting with HSG OOB on the PS3. I played a little of HSG Fore back then too. Then I got a Vita and played HSG WI. Currently I have only a PS2 and HSG Fore and been playing it a few weeks. In all that time I learned by playing, practicing and watching.

Almost everyone will tell you "practice makes perfect", but even experience players still will miss a putt, even a short one. All I can say is play, have fun and learn the game. Putting will get easier as you progress and what you learn will help a lot on the hard greens.

8. Default Re: Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

learning where _not_ to land on a green can be just as important. leaving yourself some dhillers is death. if after doing the math you come up with a minus number..you in trouble

9. Default Re: Out of Bounds / World Tour Putting Tips

sometimes the best advice for normal (aka not insane) left to righters/right to lefters is don't overanalyze. you'll get a feel after a while on the general 10-20 footers of how far left or right to move and then just step up and hit. I've missed to many putts trying to get the break just right for 30 seconds and have drained way more just going with my gut and hitting the darned thing
    Titleist 690 MB Bladez Sucka

Quote Originally Posted by YanKaLakeS View Post
    sometimes the best advice for normal (aka not insane) left to righters/right to lefters is don't overanalyze. you'll get a feel after a while on the general 10-20 footers of how far left or right to move and then just step up and hit. I've missed to many putts trying to get the break just right for 30 seconds and have drained way more just going with my gut and hitting the darned thing
    QFT Yanka. The more I analyze them, the more I seem to miss/lip rather then just setting the offset for the break and hitting the ball. I also read on here some time ago to "putt to the break point", which I took to mean, set the power to the point at which you think the ball will begin breaking towards the hole. When I was just starting out on this game, that really made a difference in my putting success.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast