Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Flame power shot?

Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogwired View Post
    Sometimes my approach shot with an iron launches over the green, when all I'm trying to do is super back spin. It's like getting a flyer from the fairway.
    Yeap, tis very silly. I can shake the controller all over the place during my attempt at boost and get bugger all yet like what you say I sometimes mash the impact a little too firm on apps and launch it way long.

2. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Was wondering if my controller had a glitch. Is this intended?

I had a terrible problem with this and the solution I use is to hold the controller on the floor tightly or consciously just 'tap' the X button during impact when I only want the 10 yards boost. There is another option of a controller without the motion sensor. MF and Hog, you might want to go to practice mode to play around with this. Look at the number under the club head before and after impact to see the total boost you are getting. It's what I had to do to figure out what was going on and to find a way to control it, many thanks to Senidol for putting up with me and the assistance. From what I have seen maximum extra power is 13 yards over the normal 10 yards boost (total of 23, please feel free to correct me on this). This can be really helpful off of the tee but can be a real pain in the tochis for approaches.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Senidol Guest

Ex power is based off of a % of the total distance of the character, and is rounded so some characters have more boost than others. A lot of people forget the distance number under the club is a rounded number and usually contains multiple decimal points.

Max Big Air/Big Air:
    303y Distance, 313y Power, 337y Ex power. Total net gain = 34y. Total gained from perfect Ex = 24y

Izzak Big Air/Big Air:
    296y Distance, 306y Power, 330y Ex Power. Total net gain = 34y. Total gained from perfect ex = 24y

So as you can see above there are slight discrepancies in ex power that have to do with club selection and total distance. My best advice is find a character you like and find their top ex power numbers for each club and go from there.
    Last edited by Senidol; 02-27-2013 at 07:14 PM.

5. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Tilt your controller/vita forward RIGHT after you hit x the first time of taking your shot. then once you have gotten your power RIGHT after that move your vita/controller back to its original position. because i do it this way, i have a 100% chance of it working.

6. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Quote Originally Posted by THESALIMINATOR View Post
    Tilt your controller/vita forward RIGHT after you hit x the first time of taking your shot. then once you have gotten your power RIGHT after that move your vita/controller back to its original position. because i do it this way, i have a 100% chance of it working.
    This advice does not apply to the ps3 version.

Bump!!!!

One mild reason I hope this gets released in US/EUR is just so someone can get a screen capture of the instructions how to get a blue flame shot. I just don't get how it's done on purpose (and no I've never done it by accident either)

On the menu how do I get to training, I need to invest 10 minutes on this if someone explains this clearly. Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty9678 View Post
    On the menu how do I get to training, I need to invest 10 minutes on this if someone explains this clearly. Please and thank you.
    Picking the first option (Golf) will take you to another screen. On this second screen there are 3 options: Top is Challenge, Middle is Stroke, Bottom is Training.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

9. Smile Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty9678 View Post
    Bump!!!!

One mild reason I hope this gets released in US/EUR is just so someone can get a screen capture of the instructions how to get a blue flame shot. I just don't get how it's done on purpose (and no I've never done it by accident either)

It took me a bit of practice to hit it at first, but I can do it pretty regularly now. The method I use is as follow:

Hold the pad as you normally would horizontal to the floor with the R buttons facing in front of you . Press X to start the swing and roll the pad slowly upwards until it is vertical, with the R buttons facing upwards and press X to set the power you want. Then just as you are about to press X for the impact, roll your wrists forward in a flicking motion so the pad is horizontal again (R buttons facing forward).

I think the speed and force you need to use in the flicking motion depends on individual pads. The tricky part is getting the PI as you do the rolling motion. You'll know if you hit one from the blue flame (obviously) and the sweet pinging noise it makes

As other have pointed out, sometime it doesn't take such an exaggerated motion to hit it, and it is sometimes activated acidentally. Hope that maybe of some help

10. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Oh and I'd just like to point out, that method above was what I used to get the blue flame at first. Once you get the hang of it, you don't need such an exaggerated motion of vertical to horizontal (which can be a bit of a strain on the wrists).

It can be achieved with just a light rolling back of the wrists and flick forward, hence the accidental blue flame sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast