Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Flame power shot?

1. Default Blue Flame power shot?

Has anyone had any sucess hitting one of these? I've been trying but nothing..

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

It's called Ex. Power shot in this version. You need at least 2 loyalty to activate it. It is very tricky and needs to be very precise to activate it. I was having troubles with it early on but am getting better with practice. The good news is at least this brings back respectable PB's again compared to Vita users. I'm going to keep fiddling with it, and I think I'll be able achieve what I want with it.

As a side note, in a few weeks I'm thinking of possibly picking up a PVR to live stream the game for just fun and possibly instructional help. Wondering if there is any interest in this type of thing?

3. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

How about for starters you upload a youube of you doing an Ex. power shot? lol Just tilt up on backswing, and then down sharply on impact?

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BGunner View Post
    How about for starters you upload a youube of you doing an Ex. power shot? lol Just tilt up on backswing, and then down sharply on impact?
    Hmm, I'll try to explain it the best I can. So the method with the ps3 is a different mechanic all together then the vita. So if you've played the vita forget everything you know about Ex power.

Now this is the way to hit it, start with the controller 3/4th's vertical, using the usb port as a guide. Simultaneously when you hit impact you need to roll your wrists downwards, so the usb port is pointing as close as possible to the floor. I personally have really strong/flexible wrists from bowling irl, so it is fairly easy to do for me. If you lack flexibility in your wrists you'll have to implement the bigger muscles in your arms, and use a possible wider forward arc.

Step by Step best method.

-Set power + first spin input (for SBS this would be ^)
    -Wait for impact
    -Set Impact + second spin input + wrist roll forward.

So in theory you should be pressing X, Down, and rolling forward all at the exact same time. For me it is easier to use triangle on full power shots because it frees up my right wrist more to rotate better on time.

Rather then a "tilt" function like the PS Vita. Think of it as a second PI. You have to have perfect timing to get a full boost, while still getting perfect impact.
    Last edited by Senidol; 12-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.

If it was only that precise for me. I tend to be expressive with my hands and the controller when I play, must be the Italian heritage, and I seem to get it unintentionally quite often and usually at an inconvenient time, i.e.power shot approach. I have noticed that it takes hardly any movement at all sometimes. I am able to get it with just a tiny bit of up-down movement. I wish someone had thought about this possibility as I don't relish the idea of playing with the controller glued to the carpet so that I don't send an approach flying over the green.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

6. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

In contradiction to what Senidol is experiencing I can confirm the same as Gaoler. All it needs is a tiny little tilt or shake of controller at the time of impact during down swing and - voila - Ex P ... More less the same as on Vita if not even more sensitive. Just 2 days ago I was playing 18 H daily and got that 15 times out of 18 on tee off without almost any effort.

Could be that your PS3 controller is less sensitive or from different batch or maybe you've dropped that (or threw at telly at some point? LOL) ... don't know. But definitelly - I actually need to hold it pretty steady to avoid overshot at some situations like approaches ets. I'll try try to make a video of Exp (both on screen as well as my hands holding controlle) to show how little is really needed.
    Last edited by HEC007; 12-05-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HEC007 View Post
    In contradiction to what Senidol is experiencing I can confirm the same as Gaoler. All it needs is a tiny little tilt or shake of controller at the time of impact during down swing and - voila - Ex P ... More less the same as on Vita if not even more sensitive. Just 2 days ago I was playing 18 H daily and got that 15 times out of 18 on tee off without almost any effort.

Could be that your PS3 controller is less sensitive or from different batch or maybe you've dropped that (or threw at telly at some point? LOL) ... don't know. But definitelly - I actually need to hold it pretty steady to avoid overshot at some situations like approaches ets. I'll try try to make a video of Exp (both on screen as well as my hands holding controlle) to show how little is really needed.
    Are we talking about small boosts in power, or are you saying you can get full ex power 15 out of 18 shots, since full ex power is the only one that matters to me. For an example Max Air/Air is 337 full ex power.

Also are you using the original Sixaxis, or are you using a dualshock 3 sixaxis controller?

Senidol Guest

Well I did a lot of testing on ex power tonight (morning for normal people.)

Got some strange results that I'll post below. Going to be using Max as my control character for this.

Max Big Air/Big Air:

Max Ex w/ PI = 337 yards.
    Max Ex Miss = 327 yards.

I hit 100 shots from position#1.

3% Max Ex Power.

I then moved the position I was sitting relative to my desk , about 1.5-2ft backwards.

I hit 100 shots from Position #2.

83% Max Ex Power.

Here is a MS Paint Masterpiece to illustrate what I did.

So looking at these results a couple things come to mind, in Position one I didn't have a clear line of sight to the Ps3. There is also the possibility of my CPU interfering with the wireless signal from the Dualshock 3 controller. The jump from 3%-83% almost completely eliminates player skill, since the jump is to drastic after movement.
    Last edited by Senidol; 12-05-2012 at 05:39 AM.

9. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

I use the Dual shock model and usually sit at arm chair facing PS3 with almost direct view about 1.5 m in front of me directly bellow the telly. And I do mean the full ExP - can't check the exact distance increase right now though.

10. Default Re: Blue Flame power shot?

Sometimes my approach shot with an iron launches over the green, when all I'm trying to do is super back spin. It's like getting a flyer from the fairway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast