Thread: Youtube on Vita

Default Youtube on Vita

Saw this on the PS Blog. About *bleeping* time.
    http://networkedblogs.com/yg1WC
    Hi everyone! PS Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such as nico nico, Treasure Park, Wake-up Club, and Skype, we’re continuing to build out PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. Today, we’re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita – YouTube!
    Coming at the end of June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita via the PS Vita Store. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube videos on the stunning 5” OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today’s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you’re already familiar with – you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments, and your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita.
    As we move further into 2012, we look forward to introducing you to more unique, social and immersive experiences only available on PS Vita. How will you use YouTube on PS Vita?

Default Re: Youtube on Vita

Surely the only boom to having a Youtube app on a Vita is to record and upload game clips directly to Youtube, I couldn't see any mention of that anywhere but I see a lot of exited comments from people on what is essentially something that is already available on PC's, laptops, smart phones, tablets etc. "Oooh yeah I can watch Benton chasing deer and a wig wearing granny on a failing parachute clips sat on the bus without having to get my phone out"?

Really not that exciting is it?

Obviously if it turns out you can record games and upload directly to Youtube then ignore the above.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I don't think you'll be able to record anything. Just utilize your super awesome sub par oled screen to its fullest!

Well I downloaded the Youtube app for the Vita. The down side to the app is that you can't view your channel and you can't upload videos to Youtube from your Vita.
    Still for a mobile app its a bit better than the Droid phone apps (not sure for iPhones). Just wish Sony would get their azz in gear and upgrade the browser so you can view online videos on your Vita without an app to do it.

Aww I wanted to upload my videos of my golfing, guess I gotta do the hard way now

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze27 View Post
    Aww I wanted to upload my videos of my golfing, guess I gotta do the hard way now
    They make an update so you can do that.

Wait there is a update for this already? or are they planning on too?

I should have said, they should make an update so you can make highlight videos from HSG WI. Wish there was an update so we can get the add ons now.

yeah it would be nice to finally add videos, well I guess time will tell.