Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

You're right regards the lack of Leaderboard. There is no target to aim for as there is in EGWT/HSG5. And this relates directly to why people don't tour with 9, as it doesn't count towards statistics. In 6, the option to tour with less than 10 has been taken away, which is a plus.

The criticism about the nature of the tournaments in 6 is also valid, as it is for G0 in EGWT/HSG5. For the most part, a player will only use one or two players in the game, because there's no obligation to use any other. In 6, I have played 300 or so tours, and of those, maybe 5 have been intermediate only, and none have been novice only. So why bother having novices in the game if we aren't going to use them? The number of people looking to handicap themselves with a disadvantage is limited to a small party of diehards (T-shirt for inference). Do we already have to look forward to 7, which will be iron out all these flaws?

2. Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

sad excuse for a great game. issues abound. tried to make a list spent half hour then the board crashes lol. many have just given up on this minna 6.
    if anyone cares we could make a list of improvements that really need to be addressed.

Sorry, I'm a noob. I didn't know a tournament wasn't ranked unless you had at least 10 players to start. People dropping out makes sense now. Thank you. Looks like I won't be leveling up anytime soon.

Another G3 here. Had the game for ages before trying the online experience and it looks like I left it too late. Really is a struggle to get 10+ for tournaments. I typically have to get up in the early hours UK time to catch the night time US players.

Encouraging to see other players entering and then quitting (I presume to give us G3s a leg up) but disappointing, albeit understandable, so few around these days

It would be good if those of us that are left could act in concert and all be online at pre-arranged times to ensure more counting tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiskine View Post
    Another G3 here. Had the game for ages before trying the online experience and it looks like I left it too late. Really is a struggle to get 10+ for tournaments. I typically have to get up in the early hours UK time to catch the night time US players.

Encouraging to see other players entering and then quitting (I presume to give us G3s a leg up) but disappointing, albeit understandable, so few around these days

It would be good if those of us that are left could act in concert and all be online at pre-arranged times to ensure more counting tournaments.
    Oh my, you've missed a treat. The fact there is still anyone playing online after 5 years is in itself a miracle and a testament to the game. Make sure you get in at the beginning of the next one (if and when).

6. Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiskine View Post

Count me in on any G3 tours.
    I am Kanggoo jump.
    Thanks
    Tell me when & where

7. Smile Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    The entire issue with this title sadly is an issue with the gaming medium as a whole. Companies keep trying to innovate or make things extra flashy rather then building on what already works.

The server numbers will increase once the Ps3 release hits, but the game itself won't have near the endgame as previous titles. Because there really is no endgame in this title. Level 20 is ridiculously easy to get for veterans of the series, there is no incentive to play graded tours anymore, there isn't even a leader board. Dailies aren't cheat proof, especially once the Ps3 version comes out there will be cheating galore, as multi-boxing becomes much easier.

This game also lacks balance, not only in stats but the courses are poorly designed. They are very Expert Top heavy, and the novice and intermediate brackets basically don't exist. Overall the game is good, but it won't be great like MNG5. They fixed swing balance issues, but completely ruined course, clubs/ball, and bracket balance. And the game leaves very little incentive for top tier people to continue playing. (Pretty much like every other new game on the market, lack of endgame.)
    What if the great OOB 5 players keep playing & I and lots of others would pay $20 for 5 new DLC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12