Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

1. Default Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Just bought the gm today!! God i forgot how longggg it takes to load the gm! Besides zead and I are there any other g3's trying to fill a tourney?

2. Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Wow what a ghost town. 11 ppl total wtf? I can understand if there was another gm online what are u guys plying? Seems like hsg world is dying lol.

Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

Was poor last night for the Europeans. More hit and miss these days, but there are possibilities for G3 tours occasionally.

4. Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

With the economy the way it is u think hot shots would be trying anything to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost33 View Post
    With the economy the way it is u think hot shots would be trying anything to make money.
    The easiest way to at least save a bit of cash might be to shut down our servers. So we remain grateful

6. Default Re: Let's get a head count for G3's please!

I am a G3. I was fledgling G2 about 3 or 4 years ago, but only recently picked up the controller again. I was saddened by the lack of online competition upon my return.

For the record I am usually online at noon MST and 10 PM MST. Could be on earlier in the evening if I know there would be quorum.

Sounds to me like we few G3 need to synchronize our watches.

I could probably get a mailing list running if that would help. Or I could host a web site if anyone has a tiny scheduler solution.

Hi, I'm a G3. I just started playing again after a couple of years. Had to start HSGOOB over because my PS3 broke. I only play on the weekend at night EST. Anyway, I never focused on the tourneys. I'm happy just to pick up a game in the lobby. I do check out the tourney schedule and if people are playing I jump in. But I have seen tourneys get to 9 people or so, then most drop out because there is no prize. So, I ask you guys and gals; what's the attraction of a tourney? Why do you play them? Thanks and hope to see you in the lobby!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever- View Post
    what's the attraction of a tourney? Why do you play them? Thanks and hope to see you in the lobby!
    I've played a couple in my time, and it's the competition. Testing yourself to be the best you possibly can be. Gamerooms are all well and good, and add to the social fabric of the game, but they can't possibly replicate the mini adrenalin rush of winning, or podding in competition. It is worth noting that competition in our game remains super friendly and respectful, which is another plus.

I agree that the HSG online community is super friendly during play. I also agree with the excitement of leading in a tournament. I guess I am frustrated at so many people quitting right before a tourney starts because of 9 or less players. (that's why my question of why play). It just seems to be odd given the low numbers available in the lobby. Be happy there are 9, I say . I do remember tourneys maxed out at 50 players a couple years ago. We'll need a new game to see that again. Ahhh.. the adrenalin of sitting on the top with 50 players chasing you in a close game... I've been there in the top 10 before.

Senidol Guest

The entire issue with this title sadly is an issue with the gaming medium as a whole. Companies keep trying to innovate or make things extra flashy rather then building on what already works.

The server numbers will increase once the Ps3 release hits, but the game itself won't have near the endgame as previous titles. Because there really is no endgame in this title. Level 20 is ridiculously easy to get for veterans of the series, there is no incentive to play graded tours anymore, there isn't even a leader board. Dailies aren't cheat proof, especially once the Ps3 version comes out there will be cheating galore, as multi-boxing becomes much easier.

This game also lacks balance, not only in stats but the courses are poorly designed. They are very Expert Top heavy, and the novice and intermediate brackets basically don't exist. Overall the game is good, but it won't be great like MNG5. They fixed swing balance issues, but completely ruined course, clubs/ball, and bracket balance. And the game leaves very little incentive for top tier people to continue playing. (Pretty much like every other new game on the market, lack of endgame.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast