Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores (Vita)

Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores (Vita)

hey sen i need some help with tee shots on some par 5's should i ask here or start a new thread? i guess that would go for any future ?'s as well would it be easier to keep them in this topic

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by salming View Post
    hey sen i need some help with tee shots on some par 5's should i ask here or start a new thread? i guess that would go for any future ?'s as well would it be easier to keep them in this topic
    feel free to ask any questions directed at me, or something you think I can answer/help with here. Pretty much the whole purpose of the guide thread

The first par 5 on legacy Lt. I cant figure out the sweet spot to give me a good 2nd shot. I use xiao ling big air big air or sandviper club big air ball as my setup if u have a better setup i'm open for change & i use advance shot. Thanks in advance

Senidol Guest

The first par 5 on legacy Lt. I cant figure out the sweet spot to give me a good 2nd shot. I use xiao ling big air big air or sandviper club big air ball as my setup if u have a better setup i'm open for change & i use advance shot. Thanks in advance
    Par 5's at legacy are always high risk, and usually require PI to reach in 2.

Area 1:

Using Xiao Ling Big Air/Big Air hit something like a 5w off the tee, and have the ball come to rest on the up slope right after the trap. If you hit the down slope near the yardage marker because of wind or spray don't attempt to go at the green. From the up slope a 1w or 3wood ex power is enough to make it as long as there is no strong headwind. This route takes the trees out of play by using a high trajectory shot, or enough room to shape the ball around the bigger tree. 98-100% Solid Lie.

Area 2:

Using Xiao Ling Big Air/Big Air hit a powered 3wood off the tee and try to land on or near the last yardage marker before the small trap. You will get about 35-40yards of roll here after catching the down slope. This shot is shorter but still requires PI to near pin. It will also be a side hill lie that you have to maneuver around the opening in the trees. Always hit something with at least BS to increase the trajectory since it is a downhill lie, if you under hit it, it is automatically out of bounds.

Basically 3/4 of the legacy par 5's require 1 perfect shot in the sequence to reach consistency but all 3 come with a major penalty if you miss. Don't be afraid to layup and concede the eagle, it does you no good to risk a small % shot unless you are pbing. I personally think the par 5's on legacy are done really well, execution is rewarded, but go for it and fail and you pay a hefty price.
    Last edited by Senidol; 05-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.

thanks sen i decided to play it for the birdie but i was able to pull it off a few times my pi is not good enough yet for that. if you get a chance i could use some help on hole 9 & 18 lt or rt or both of kagaruyama (spelling) i switched to pandora big air / big air thanks again for the help

Very informative I really appreciate it.

Also the info on Legacy's PAR 5's is interesting, I'll need to work a bit harder to get a little better on that course (nothing crazy though).
    They must of had a huge lag 2000 years ago. It took Jesus three days to respawn.

PSN: Craig_Goulart OT2: Craig

7. Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores (Vita)

thanks sen i decided to play it for the birdie but i was able to pull it off a few times my pi is not good enough yet for that. if you get a chance i could use some help on hole 9 & 18 lt or rt or both of kagaruyama (spelling) i switched to pandora big air / big air thanks again for the help
    I could also use some help with 18 on Kagurayama. I usually end up with a massive putt (if I don't end up in the water).

8. Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores (Vita)

Considering no wind and a neutral lie, for a character with either a fade or a draw, how would you aim towards your target? And if you do make any adjustment, what ratio do you consider base on distance from pin? Thanks

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DieAnotherDay007 View Post
    Considering no wind and a neutral lie, for a character with either a fade or a draw, how would you aim towards your target? And if you do make any adjustment, what ratio do you consider base on distance from pin? Thanks
    This is a pretty touchy thing to try and adjust for because there are a lot of factors to consider. Lie, elevation, distance, spin stat, control stat. etc. A few points to consider:

-More Elevation = less distance Fading/Drawing
    -Uphill Green = less roll
    -SBS = there really isn't an adjustment
    -SSS = adjust so that the ball flight crosses the path of the pin
    -STS = Don't hit it with a green that goes the same way as the curve of the fade or draw. As it exaterates the green curvature.

There isn't a set formula for Fade/Draw, but we know that hitting SS the opposite direction equals a straighter shot, and is important for course management. In my opinion, the best way to play the Fade/Draw in most regular approach situations is to aim normally, because you gain more benefit from control spray this way, compared to favoring one side of the pin or the other.

If you are attempting trick shots though, this becomes a whole different kind of monster to deal with.

10. Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores (Vita)

Thanks. I appreciate your thorough explanation. This will definitely help.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast