Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Quote Originally Posted by arob1981 View Post
    I went into settings on my japan account, pushed restore vita. It asked me if I wanted to deactivate. I pushed yes. My U.S. account does not ask this when I am restoring to switch to japan. When I got back on my japan account, it would not let me continue on minna. A message popped up and since I do not read Japanese, I have no idea what it said and/or why this happened. I had to start a new game and re download my add ons. What would happen if I didn't deactivate my vita before switching accounts? And could this be what the problem is? Or do I need to reactivate each time to avoid this problem? And lastly, is there a limit to how many times you can activate/deactivate your vita? Any info will help, Thanks.
    All "deactivating" entails is that the game is no longer attached to the vita, it has nothing to do with actual data storage, or saved game files. But does require you to reactivate when you wish to play it again. Each game title and associated download content, is allowed to be activated on two vita systems at once.

As long as you don't format the memory card, all save data and games should remain intact. All that is required is to re-activate the Vita when you sign in under another name. Which requires you to sign into the psn, and find the activation tab.
    Last edited by Senidol; 01-21-2013 at 11:39 AM.

2. Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

So, if I got the Asia version, would I still be getting DLC at the same time as people with the Japanese version?

Quote Originally Posted by rocker12 View Post
    So, if I got the Asia version, would I still be getting DLC at the same time as people with the Japanese version?
    But there would be no-one to play against so does it matter?

4. Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Im interested in buying the Europe version seeing how I got the platinum in hot shots WI. WIll it play on my vita and what language is it in? Ty ahead of time lol

Mine's in English I thought Vita games were region-free, but a quick google and browse will answer that question more fully.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghost33 View Post
    Im interested in buying the Europe version seeing how I got the platinum in hot shots WI. WIll it play on my vita and what language is it in? Ty ahead of time lol
    The vita version is still region locked to my knowledge, If you want to play the European version you will have to make a European account, and buy another memory card, and you will have to take steps to reset your account every time you wish to switch games.

For example I own three versions of the vita game, a Hong Kong account, a UK account, and my default US account. But have to use separate memory cards for each account. I'll copy and paste the method for switching from the front page here.

1) backup (not necessary though)
    2) deactivate the system: Playstation network -> system activation -> game-> deactivate
    3) sign out
    4) Restore the PS Vita system: Format ->Restore the PS Vita system
    when the system asks to format the memory card just press NO.
    5) Turn off the system and put in a different memory card.
    6) Sign in using your European account.

First you will have to have a UK PSN account, or whichever European country you wish to use. You use those credentials to sign in after resetting. If you are buying the digital download or DLC you will need psn cards with proper currency on them.

As for languages, the EU version comes with like 12 language packs, each tied to your psn account. This is why the file size is significantly larger for that version. If you play on a UK account it is in english, but if you play it from a German account it'll most likely be in German.

The Ps3 version is not region locked at all. You only have to work around the PSN store for the Ps3.
    Last edited by Senidol; 04-17-2014 at 03:28 PM.

7. Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ghost33 View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money on the same game especially because you have to buy all of the DLC again - but seeing that you already know the game and navigation - you should think about buying minna instead, though there's more DLC to buy there and you need japanese psn cards. There's well over a thousand people online most of the time and it has features like lobby golf, lobby spells, and rare costumes/star ratings that aren't in the US/EU versions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234