Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Senidol Guest

Default Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

I've seen a few people end up having difficulties with the Asia version of the game so I will post the different copies of the game here, and easy ways for you to differentiate the copies from one another.

-HOW TO USE THE VITA WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS USING ONE MEMORY CARD- (confirmed to work with online passes by myself.)

1) backup (not necessary though)
    2) deactivate the system: Playstation network -> system activation -> game-> deactivate
    3) sign out
    4) Restore the PS Vita system: Format ->Restore the PS Vita system
    when the system asks to format the memory card just press NO.
    5) system restarts and you can sign in with another account.
    save games of each account will be stored on the same memory card. PSN store games are tied to an account though.

6) (Optional) If you use apps like Livetweet you will have to go into settings>playstation network>system activation>game>activate. And it will work again.

NO LONGER WORKS WITHOUT MULTIPLE MEMORY CARDS

Everything remains, including screenshots. The only thing you lose are the PS vita settings. Takes about 5 minutes.

Standard version of Minna no Golf 6. This title will connect to the Japanese servers. Notice the "A" in the video game content rating icon on the bottom left.

This is the Asia version of Minna no Golf 6. This will also connect to the Japanese servers. The game is still in the Japanese language, but allows players who want access to DLC, to use a Hong Kong account that can have English be set as a primary language for the vita and PS Store. Notice the Chinese character in the video game content rating icon on the bottom left. (Currently the version I am playing.)

This is the other Asia release of the game. This time it connects to a Asia server that is separate from the Japanese servers. Cover is noticeably different than the Minna no Golf titles. (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore.)

This is the United States, and Canada release of the game. This connects to the International server. Easily distinguishable from the other titles.

This is the Europe release of the game. This also connects to the International server. Again easily distinguishable from the rest of the titles.

Places to Purchase:

Japanese Server:

http://www.play-asia.com/Minna_no_Go...n-70-49z9.html (Japan Version)

http://www.play-asia.com/Minna_no_Go...n-70-4i26.html (Asia Version)

Asia Server:

http://www.play-asia.com/Hot_Shots_G...n-70-4hsu.html

International Server:

http://www.play-asia.com/HotShots_Go...n-70-49yx.html (United States and Canada version)

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Everybodys-Golf-PS-Vita/dp/B006LX8RGY"]Everybody's Golf (PS Vita): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame] (European Version)

Currently to my knowledge there is no way to get both versions of the game under one PSN account and have access to all DLC for both versions. If there is a change or my information is incorrect I will update as soon as possible regarding DLC in the future. Also if in need of further reference refer to http://mingol.shihiko.net/?page_id=35 and make sure to ignore the crossed out section for the time being. Any questions or needed clarification can be directed below and I will try to answer them in a timely manner.

UPDATE: So now that I have had significant time switching between my two accounts I can tell you a couple things that are possible.

-You can play any version of the game online as long as the account you are playing under supports that versions region.
    -If you buy a physical copy of the game, switch accounts and buy a different digital copy from the store, you can access online content for the account you are currently under, while also being able to play offline under the physical copy.
    -All saved data/etc stored on the memory card is saved as long as you don't reformat the card, this includes patches and vita system updates. (Only have to DL once.)
    -Anything downloaded from the store, can only be used under the account that downloaded it. This includes applications, games, and eventually DLC.

For example I have 2 accounts. First account is a Hong Kong account that I use to play Minna online, I switch to my primary account which is a US account that has a Digital download of World Invitational. I can then play World Invitational online, and have access to my Minna physical copy offline mode but not online.
    Last edited by Senidol; 09-02-2012 at 09:05 PM.

2. Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

Great info, thanx!

Default Re: Minna No Golf 6: Region Guide

thanks, hopefully we can stop other folks from getting screwed! I decided to just buy a Japanese psn card from cdjapan, it will take a week to get here, but I think that's the way to go with the dumbass way this game has been released. Silly me was hoping that the servers were going to merge together more......greedy bass turds

I talked for 45 fracking minutes to a tech support dude at sony and we may have we figured out a couple ways it would be possible to have access to both games with full DLC on 1 account. I have to wait for my jpn psn card & download the game to find out if it will work, I'll post again if it does...

the hsg release is still a great game though...played 16 hours straight the other day...man I need a life....sad that there never seems to be many people on line

John

Awesomeness, Seni.

Would respectfully suggest one of the top 2 if you still want to be playing this in 2 years time.

Folks i got a question (just to make sure about all this different versions). Since i'll be getting vita in few days, I live in Thailand and here we sell the Asia version.

So if i use my American ps3 ID account and bought the Asia version game card, it won't connect me to play online? Or you mean it will let me go online but it'll connect to the Asia server?

nice thread, thanks.

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroFox View Post
    Folks i got a question (just to make sure about all this different versions). Since I'll be getting vita in few days, I live in Thailand and here we sell the Asia version.

So if i use my American ps3 ID account and bought the Asia version game card, it won't connect me to play online? Or you mean it will let me go online but it'll connect to the Asia server?

nice thread, thanks.
    The issue that I see you running into is that the PSN stores are region locked so an Asia version online code won't activate in the US PSN store. So you have a few options here depending on what server you want to play on.

Japanese server: You would have to make a new PSN login. (Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong.) And either buy the FIRST or SECOND option above. I'll note that the second copy is 10$ or so cheaper then the Japan copy.

Asia server: You would have to make a new PSN login. (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore.) You would use the third option above.

International server: You would not have to change your PSN login. But you would need to find a copy of the United States, and Canada release. I don't know if it makes much difference to you but that would be in imperial measurements instead of using the metric system. If that is a big deal for you, then you would have to make a European PSN login, and buy the 5th option.

Basically the issues people are going to run into is that your PSN account has to match the region of the game you are playing to activate the online code since it is done through the store and the PSN store is region locked.

i see. guess my only option is to buy the game in psn store if i want to use my US account (though i would prefer imperial measurment). the download game comes with online pass i believe.. or i have to pay extra? :{

Quote Originally Posted by Senidol View Post
    The issue that I see you running into is that the PSN stores are region locked so an Asia version online code won't activate in the US PSN store. So you have a few options here depending on what server you want to play on.

Japanese server: You would have to make a new PSN login. (Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong.) And either buy the FIRST or SECOND option above. I'll note that the second copy is 10$ or so cheaper then the Japan copy.

Asia server: You would have to make a new PSN login. (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore.) You would use the third option above.

International server: You would not have to change your PSN login. But you would need to find a copy of the United States, and Canada release. I don't know if it makes much difference to you but that would be in imperial measurements instead of using the metric system. If that is a big deal for you, then you would have to make a European PSN login, and buy the 5th option.

Basically the issues people are going to run into is that your PSN account has to match the region of the game you are playing to activate the online code since it is done through the store and the PSN store is region locked.

So basically the same as we do to play Minna on the PS3 only you have to activate it online before you play?

What we (I say we but I have no intention of buying a Vita) need is some helpful person to post some instructions for setting up and activating a Japanese version

Senidol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marrow_Farmer View Post
    So basically the same as we do to play Minna on the PS3 only you have to activate it online before you play?

What we (I say we but I have no intention of buying a Vita) need is some helpful person to post some instructions for setting up and activating a Japanese version
    The issue is having only one account per vita so it is currently impossible to my knowledge with the online passes having to be activated online, to play both copies online under 1 account.

As far as a setup guide for the Japanese servers, if you buy the 2nd version above like I did. Make a Hong Kong account, which has a primary language of English or Chinese. Not only will your vita be in English, but everything connecting you to the PSN will also be in English. Also as I stated above the conversion from Yen to US dollars for store cards is more expensive then the Chinese currency counterpart. Also keep in mind that if you plan to download games from the ps store, they will be in Chinese, not English. So choose carefully.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast