Thread: Is Minna really worth it?

1. Default Is Minna really worth it?

I've seen a lot of people come and go to minna, and people talking about it. Is it really worth it to get it? I've heard good things about it from everyone, but we all know that the OOB servers are going to die someday, with the release of the new HSG on the Vita. So can anyone help me out here? Im sure its in a different language, but can you have some sort of thing to make it english? Any feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: ...Wow..if someone could move this thread over to the right board, thanks..

Default Re: Is Minna really worth it?

↑ A lot more people online, tour and gamerooms almost 24/7
    ↑ Variety in tournaments ( different characters and rules )
    ↑ World's best players

↓ Nobody can speak english
    ↓ The last update for 3D TVs has made the graphics very bright compared to our version
    ↓ The server is going to close soon
    Last edited by Lorefio; 08-10-2011 at 12:05 AM.

If you are interested in the golfing experience, then yes. If, like me, you play the game as much for the social chit-chat as for the game itself, then less so.

Servers closing, Lore?

I'm no expert in the world of game hosting but I'd wager the HSG online experience is not on a stand alone server either here or in Japan and therefore would be unlikely to "close".

G if you want to play tours before 18:00 GMT then get it (only 18 on playasia), if you want to hang out and have a laugh then stick to our server. Minna is harsh, I just did my first 20 G0 block with 1 pod (at least we can still have a laugh when bottom feeding on our server).

5. Default Re: Is Minna really worth it?

yep it's hardcore touring in minna there is a translation site you have to print it out at least i did so you can learn the language. there are people who speak english there.
    worth it? really depends on you if you are a addicted online golfer then probally yes
    good luck in tours

6. Default Re: Is Minna really worth it?

Hmm...I will take these into consideration, i may ask this for X-mas. Anyways, another issue i am questioning is that the DLC items. I have heard someone can share them with you and give them to you? Is that true? And if yes, do you have to pay them or is it free?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigG View Post
    Hmm...I will take these into consideration, i may ask this for X-mas. Anyways, another issue i am questioning is that the DLC items. I have heard someone can share them with you and give them to you? Is that true? And if yes, do you have to pay them or is it free?
    It depends how nice people want to be. I have been very fortunate to have been offered DLC the two times I have needed it, but it is definitely worth clubbing together with 3 more people to get it together. Leaving aside paid-for lobby parts and costumes for the chracters which are purely window dressing and not integral to the game, I reckon you could get get the DLC for less than $10* which is a whole heap better than those poor saps still paying for their Tiger Woods DLC via a mortgage.

* based on 4 people sharing

I would love to play hsg minna, having over 1000 people online everyday yeah that would be amazing. to bad money is super super tight on me, otherwise I would get the JP version.