Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores! (Advanced)

Senidol Guest

Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores! (Advanced)

Quote Originally Posted by Elektropop View Post
    Top stuff.

Have you perhaps come up with any formula as to how to read upslope shots and add compensation with every spin-class?

Out of your thousands of test shots, have you come up with an average for SPI's? That'd be interesting. And also what is the factor that determines whether your spin will bite or not? On huge upslope (8 degrees or more) shots, you might not get spi backspin using an iron with Anya inf/inf setup. Knowing when this would happen, would help with the game a lot.
    Some lies might give you a poorer chance of initiating backspin as well.

... Resisting the urge to go do a few practice rounds with tuning drills
    As far as SPI is concerned, you will SPI the more you PI, but it can also be a trained skill. About 30-40% of my PI's end up being SPI's. There are probably players out there close to 50%.

In my experience I have never run into a time where a SBS fails to activate due to the slope of the lie. Now I could be wrong, but particularly with Anya I wouldn't see a case where you wouldn't meet the power requirement with an iron to get a club to spin. Now maybe if you are hitting shots at 50-70% they may not activate because you haven't met the required power to get the ball to spin.

For example Anya's 3iorn starts spinning at around 72-73% with INF/INF, anything less than that will not spin at all.

We're talking about the biggest clubs with spin... I think I've noticed this with Anya and alex using 5w/3i. I can't remember the hole where it usually shows this... I'll come back to you

And yes, using full power or near..

Yes, encountered cpl of times that a SBS didnt kick in when landed on a downslope. Rex 18 front pin is a good example.

Nice work there by the way Senidol. Very helpful.

@ Goaler: Nice 'save' vul on that unplayable.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Thanks a bunch everyone for all of the responses. Just trying to wrap my head around the idea that there is a 'perfection beyond perfection' in regards to PI. I always wondered why I would sometimes get 100% impact with PI and sometimes not. This usually happens when I'm struggling on a course and start planning for 98-99, then poof, I'm in the bunker behind a tight pin because I got 100% all of a sudden.

Great guide Senidol!

Now, if I could only figure out how to quantify the break on a green consistently.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Okay, This may sound like a supid question, and it is. But how do you hit PI. Let's say your screen shows ( o ) as the target. Is the PI at the ( ) or the o ?

heart of the o
    You hear a high pitched sound if succeeded
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Thanks mill.... that's what i've been doing....

Hole 3 at Peax and just about any hole at Safari are all candidates for stifling SBS. Boo to them.

9. Default Re: Senidol's Guide to Lower Scores! (Advanced)

Great guide. You can definitely expand by discussing shot strategy. For example, several players don't put too much thought on their drive shot. A shorter, well positioned shot is much better than a longer, poorly positioned shot. It is not the most important shot, but it still is very important.

Even hole location can affect the ideal positioning. And holes with multiple paths, that, distance, obstacles and more are all variables to decide which path to take.

Another line of discussion is the approach shot. What kind of spin do you use? The answer is probably varied among all of us. Also deciding on spin on the drive or shots that won't reach the green.

Club selection as well, just discuss the do's and don'ts and possible combination.

Great guide, I recommend this to any aspiring player. I didn't know about the Super PI actually, so I learned something new from this.

What rule do you suggest for elevation. I have heard one half rule and three quarters rule. At peaks hole 16, always left with an approach shot with 16 yard elevation. I use the three quarters rule here and add 12 to approach shot for elevation change.
    "Everybody has a plan, 'till they get hit in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast