Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good news (maybe)!

Default Re: Good news (maybe)!

Having done the Minna updates I couldn't help notice (other than the chipping dot and overhead putting) that they got a somewhat annoying pi ping and whistle sound effect on the woods. How come we never got that?

The club noise is an altogether more satisfying "Thwock"

I honestly just want to play online right now, with my buddy Dimskill but I guess I get to enjoy this game for another year before we get another HSG game.

Thanks. My levels of OCD aren't quite high enough to level up ALL the kids in the stable I don't think... but I'll try to key in on that once I get more chars to work with. Without trying to kick up a mess by asking, is it normal for me to HATE the Adv. swing?!? The extra distance is nice, but I'm not diggin' the questimation factor of approach shots. Thanks again.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

You learn to love it. Trad's all nice for an old school player and it has its advantages, but adv. is better (and easier... had to say that) in the long run. 1% increments during swing make it superior. A notch with the trad swing is approx. 2%. Notch meaning the amount you decrease power with circle button, for instance.

I was kind of iffy about advance shot, but now I use it agaisnt my friends, I dominate them, I tried doing tradiontal shot a few days ago, and man I screwed up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeAd19 View Post
    Thanks. My levels of OCD aren't quite high enough to level up ALL the kids in the stable I don't think... but I'll try to key in on that once I get more chars to work with. Without trying to kick up a mess by asking, is it normal for me to HATE the Adv. swing?!? The extra distance is nice, but I'm not diggin' the questimation factor of approach shots. Thanks again.
    I refer the right-honourable gentleman to the endless threads on Trad v Adv.

Advanced will allow you to progress further and quicker through the game because it is easier, more forgiving etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    I refer the right-honourable gentleman to the endless threads on Trad v Adv.

Advanced will allow you to progress further and quicker through the game because it is easier, more forgiving etc etc
    and imo sexier haha sorry.

9. Default Re: Good news (maybe)!

The fact that you can adjust advance shot down to a single % is alone enough to choose advance over trad. Everything else is cake.

yeah there are times when I get so close to the hole that I can't stop it fast enough that it either bounces off of the hole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123