Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good news (maybe)!

Default Re: Good news (maybe)!

Oh ok, its so sad how fast hsg oob died, I wished they were around longer, like with one last DLC or something, but I guess it won't do any good now since the stupid psn is down.

we all do, blaze, but the game has been out for a long time. minna was released in japan around july of '07, while the rest of the world got hsg/egwt in march of '08. unless it's an mmorpg, three years is an awful long time for an online game to survive, let alone to expect new content.

you'll wanna blame clap hanz for that...they're too busy goofing around with games for handhelds
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

Marrow's updates are because he has just bought the game. Us Brits are a little slow on the uptake

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    Marrow's updates are because he has just bought the game. Us Brits are a little slow on the uptake
    Well chaps, I actually AM slow on the uptake, I really DID just get OOB... today. Any ballpark figures on how long challenge mode and other goodies might take to be online ready? I think I read a good rule of thumb was level 15, but maybe it's higher now as those may have been posts from '08 and you kids are all masters of multiple disciplines of ass-whoopery. Any pointers for an OOB virgin would be most appreciated. Thanks.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ZeAd19 View Post
    Well chaps, I actually AM slow on the uptake, I really DID just get OOB... today. Any ballpark figures on how long challenge mode and other goodies might take to be online ready? I think I read a good rule of thumb was level 15, but maybe it's higher now as those may have been posts from '08 and you kids are all masters of multiple disciplines of ass-whoopery. Any pointers for an OOB virgin would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Just stick with Advance Shot, since its probably the best shot, and go threw training mode it will help you exceed.

Alright since Im super bored, I have my gamesave of Hotshots golf Out of Bounds with a level 15 character, I'm going to start all over on HSG OOB, and just have some fun while we wait.

I just bought Minna and managed to unlock everything with all characters up to at least level 4 loyalty* over a 3 day weekend, playing on and off now for over a week and still not got any chars maxed out but I have 7 chars at lvl 10 or higher. Updates took just under 6 hours (that said OOB has fewer updates I believe), now is a good time to update games while traffic is light.

* spread the load of character usage as you go, no point in maxing out one character, get them all to at least 3 or 4 so special shots work.

Level 15 is the highest you can achieve offline. I'm going to contradict the Marrowman now (he may never speak to me again). On OOB, you will only need Sackboy, a wet-weather novice (Toro is OK for this), Alex (and Felipe if you must), possibly Fernando, Gloria, Anya and Kratos. You can fill the others in playing gamerooms.

You can get all the challenge mode done in two solid days I reckon, although that won't make for an exciting weekend of doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    I'm going to contradict the Marrowman now (he may never speak to me again). On OOB, you will only need Sackboy, a wet-weather novice (Toro is OK for this), Alex (and Felipe if you must), possibly Fernando, Gloria, Anya and Kratos. You can fill the others in playing gamerooms.
    You are forgetting that I have a compulsive behaviour disorder and cannot under any circumstances have a few characters maxed out with some not used Oh and don't ask me why I changed fonts halfway through this post (I guess I need to even up my font usage)!

thanks guys now I have something new to do, while the network is still down, max out my characters to atleast level 9

There is very little to get excited about between lvl 7 (I think that's where you get maximum power shots) and maxing out (where you get impact precision). I'm not one to rave on for too long about costumes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast