Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

Default Re: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

you know, peeps, this experience for us seems to be coming to a close. chances are you might miss it when it's gone, so there's nothing wrong with stopping by during some evening and getting a tour going. for a majority of us, reputations are firmly established, goals have been achieved and surpassed, and other games are looking more appealing. the best part about playing now is one of the greatest perks of joining the community--hanging with your buds and having a laugh. most other game types won't provide you with that feeling of inclusion.

now, if you will pardon me, i must return to pewing kids @ ops
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

Quote Originally Posted by p1um5mu991er View Post
    you know, peeps, this experience for us seems to be coming to a close.
    I'm not so sure. Healthy turnout again yesterday. I think, Plum, for you. People have been predicting the demise of the game for a long time, yet we continue to chugg on. Sure, the fuel gauge has been on low for a while (well about 18 months), but the hardcore element continues to be augmented by a happy band of travellers who, in the absence of our honourable absent friends, have been seizing their opportunity, and without a lowering of standards. These people are still raising their game to get the numbers on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    I'm not so sure. Healthy turnout again yesterday. I think, Plum, for you. People have been predicting the demise of the game for a long time, yet we continue to chugg on. Sure, the fuel gauge has been on low for a while (well about 18 months), but the hardcore element continues to be augmented by a happy band of travellers who, in the absence of our honourable absent friends, have been seizing their opportunity, and without a lowering of standards. These people are still raising their game to get the numbers on the board.
    Once again a comment is passed about the game drawing to a close yet every night we still get 20+ people touring, I think young p1umm3rs has fallen into the same old trap.

Compare our online experience now to what we had a year and a half ago not what we had 6 months ago and you will see a different picture. The only real change I've noticed recently is that Saturday afternoons take a lot longer to get up and running, tours used to start flying at around 12:30 but now it's nearer 15:00 or 16:00.

wasn't expecting that response, nvm
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

5. Default Re: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

Quote Originally Posted by pinktacoshmaz View Post
    Im kinda done with this game until the new courses come out. I would play a Ryder cup type deal if that ever materialized, but I'm done for awhile.

dito! only thing that brings me online now is to tour with some buds the odd time, Im still hoping for any kind of addon that might bring me back, until then i'll just pop in every so often to get a fix.

6. Default Re: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

game still entertaining, for the ones that have moved on gg nw wp nalbz and see you around...
    Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA

Quote Originally Posted by p1um5mu991er View Post
    wasn't expecting that response, nvm
    Not ragging on you Plum, you are a top player and a top dood with it, but you have to admit that plenty of people have foretold the demise of our little corner of escape in the past, and it hasn't happened yet. We are nearer the end of the game, that's true, but only because we are further from the beginning.

8. Default Re: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

If we're being honest with each other, it's certainly more than that we're further from the beginning.

And it's not that plum was stating the game was dead and over with (nor were people doing so in the past), but it's just that comparatively, you don't see those 30 person tours at 2am anymore. I have 20 people on my friend's list that at one point I would have considered to be heavily addicted hsg players, that haven't played since before the summer.

There certainly are still plenty of people playing to keep the game alive, but with our community it's easy to see that it's maybe a third of the size it was even a year ago. It's not to be taken as a slight for anyone still playing, it's just a mildly depressing fact that we all have to deal with. A good example is the ryder cup. The first one we held there were many people upset that they didn't get in, due to limiting it to 12 players. This year we talked about lowering the number of participants and still couldn't arouse enough interest. The ladder is another great example of the drop in numbers. Heck, remember when plum used to have to cut people out of his ranking list because it was too big? Not a problem anymore, to be honest.

There's a difference between having enough players to fill a string of tours throughout the night, and what we saw throughout the first and even second year. It's not to be taken as anything more than what it is. Maybe it's harder to see in the Euro schedule, but the US play times have seen a severe drop in active players, and it's been that way for some time now.

That all being said, I'm sure many of us will keep playing in some capacity until the very last day, even plum, though it might not be quite as often. I more than anyone would love to see HSG return to its former glory, and we may see a decent spike during the winter months, that would be awesome. Being completely honest with myself though, I know that the feeling of excitement that used to be there is waning and we're all really just waiting for the new game, or even word of the new game. Please don't feel like anyone's attacking the game or the community, heck plum and myself are two of the biggest fans this game has ever seen, it's just that we see what we see and shouldn't hesitate to comment about it. Don't take it as if anyone is saying no one will be playing in a month, because that's not at all what it is.

9. Default Re: Lvl 20s OHLR! (Rankings) - October '10

I plan to be there until they shut off the server, but I think we'll lose numbers over the holidays (everyone's just too busy) and into next year as people get new games. The game is fairly cheap now so it makes a great gift idea. Everyone needs to give it to at least five friends if they don't have it already.

LOL Pizza that's a good idea.
    Make all your friends buy HSG.... and play it. We definitely need new blood. And courses. <-- emphasis on that part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast