Thread: Friendly reminder

Default Friendly reminder

Failed risers still give you 20 points.

It is impossible to get 98% PI on a tee shot if your loyalty is 12 or capped.

Default Re: Friendly reminder

LOL ok

What's up with the friendly reminder? Who are ya reminding? Someone claim a 98% in a tour with a maxed golfer or something?

LOL Like that tour I was in, and someone landed about 4 or so feet from the hole and claimed failed riser did it. I suppose it's possible, but... I've sure as hell never seen it. 0.3 sure. 4+ feet? Riiiiggghhttt.

Quote Originally Posted by OthersGirl View Post
    LOL ok

What's up with the friendly reminder? Who are ya reminding? Someone claim a 98% in a tour with a maxed golfer or something?

LOL Like that tour I was in, and someone landed about 4 or so feet from the hole and claimed failed riser did it. I suppose it's possible, but... I've sure as hell never seen it. 0.3 sure. 4+ feet? Riiiiggghhttt.
    It is feasible they hit the flagstick with STS but the character's loyalty/control was too low and the riser didn't kick in and the ball just ricocheted away.

Well I hate to bring it up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4OJ59hOdM"]YouTube - 15ft Riser Fail HSG5[/ame]

candi also had something similar happen to her as well. no vid though because it resulted in a time out, iirc. Needless to say that doesn't happen every day, not many risers start above the flag lol. A typical fail doesn't result in much more than half a foot away from the cup, but sometimes you get those double clinkers that get a little further out. I usually defer to the points to determine what happened.

HSG4 it was also pretty common to see 15ft putts after a riser fail, awkward bounces off the pin or inside the cup happened enough. You did get the 30 pin points for hitting the pin with STS though (pin, riser, flag = lotta pts).
    Last edited by MasonR; 10-25-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboru View Post
    It is feasible they hit the flagstick with STS but the character's loyalty/control was too low and the riser didn't kick in and the ball just ricocheted away.

a 7yard chip? Failed riser 4+ feet?

Sounds . . . untrue. But i spose anything is possible in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonR View Post
    Well I hate to bring it up.

YouTube - 15ft Riser Fail HSG5

candi also had something similar happen to her as well. no vid though because it resulted in a time out, iirc. Needless to say that doesn't happen every day, not risers start above the flag lol.

HSG4 it was also pretty common to see 15ft putts after a riser fail, awkward bounces off the pin or inside the cup happened enough. You did get the 30 pin points for hitting the pin with STS though (pin, riser, flag = lotta pts).

Well damn.
    Guess it is possible after all. I would have never believed it. Crazy stuff.

I love how you back stuff up with videos LOL. Good stuff. UL there. :/

Needless to say no one believed me in the tour.

lol, ya, I had an extremely similar fail. 22' lol. It was SW on H3 of OC, chipped from the fringe, about 5-7yds, hit the very top of the pin (just as Mason did) and it came back down, kinda seemed to pin smash the top of the pin and ricochet off the pin and land 22' away. Unfortunately it was during a tour and i only had about 10 seconds to make that 22' angled putt.. i missed and timed out :'( I was all "Now THAT's a failed riser!!!". lol. I was actually more disappointed with not being able to record such a crazy shot than I was timing out. Damn my slowness! Timeout Queen ftl.

I fail risers all the time. Sometimes I miss PI, sometimes I miss the pin altogether :P

You know you play too much HSG when you're playing golf in real life, take a good shot, see the red line following it, realize it's a good shot, only to find that your plant foot is now missing

Quote Originally Posted by MasonR View Post
    Failed risers still give you 20 points.

It is impossible to get 98% PI on a tee shot if your loyalty is 12 or capped.

I guess you also get sick of the BS'n that goes on daily during g0 events... Honestly tho, the people who say this stuff probably aren't aware of either of the above statements...