Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High standards...

1. Default Re: High standards...

hmmm, I have to kiss some butt and get some free DLC....

2. Default Re: High standards...

Any PSN account can be active on 5 PS3s. Several OOB players share jp accounts for the dlc. Not terribly inconvenient as in most cases the Minna dlc is the only purchased material on the account. Getting Jp PSN cards is a ripoff compared to what we pay for our HSG dlc.

late

Default Re: High standards...

Quote Originally Posted by reeja19 View Post
    The easter event basically showed everyone the distinct advantages trad holds over advanced. Putting with trad is a joke, much easier than advanced... Also hitting in between shots, i.e 85% is much easier with trad... getting pi is also much easier with trad. so your statement is utter BS dude!
    Ur f'n crazy dude. Putting is putting & being good comes with practice regardless of the shot style u use. Who the hell hits 85% shots unless it's a tweener shot with a SW but how often does that happen. Any good trad player will tell u that flag on the meter don't mean a thing because it don't take wind or elevation into account & rarely is even used whether on approach shots or in between SW shots & NEVER any other time. To say pi is easier with trad shows how rediculous ur statements are.

I know you've played some adv, but perhaps you should try it some more. I hardly go a round where I don't have to hit a wedge that's around 75-85%. It's certainly not preferable, but sometimes you get a bad roll (or just drove off the tee without thinking about how much yardage would be left--something much easier to do in trad) and you're stuck with such a shot. So your statement that it's "rarely" used seems off the mark.

In fact, the developers/publishers of the game said gauging power is an advantage of trad shots (in the game manual--look it up). Are they lying? If they were trying to conspire in getting people to use adv, I don't think they would even bother saying trad has any advantages.

And to say any good trad player would say the flag doesn't mean a thing is exaggerating to an extreme degree. Sorry, I consider myself a good trad player on PSP, and I use the flag plenty, particularly when aiming short of it. Now if a bunch of other trad players come in here and say the flag doesn't mean squadoosh and they might as well not even have it on the meter, I will concede that point to you.

I do agree with you about trad putting. I don't think it's so much easier as Reeja implies. There are some aspects that are easier, but some aspects of adv putting are easier as well.

However, I believe he is on the mark about PI. (And we're talking about perfect impact, not how forgiving impact is, or the likelihood of accidentally turtling/rabbiting.) I don't think there is proof, but think about it. Impact in adv has a much larger range than with trad. Unless the game is doing something behind the scenes otherwise (certainly possible), you should be able to hit the button within the sizable PI block in trad a touch more easily than the little PI dot in adv.

Now, that said, impact is extremely more forgiving in adv than in trad. One block off of PI in trad, your shot is going to be much farther off than if you were several pixels outside of PI in adv. But again, Reeja said PI is easier with trad, not general impact and control.

Defending the "integrity" of trad shots is one thing, but needlessly attacking adv shots (and sometimes the people who use them) is unbecoming and old. It's tiresome when you come into threads that have nothing to do with trad vs adv and try to slam adv or claim trad has no advantages. That could be considered trolling.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

Why don't u read the entire thread & my 1st post before u chime in. I didn't bash adv. The dude shot a -28 which is astounding no matter what but I wonder how many bs rabbits & turtles he hit to set up easy or easier eagles. I still can't believe anybody would say pi is easier with trad that's just silly. Maybe it's because with adv u have such a large area to miss without it affecting the shot u focus less. The partial sw shot is a weak argument too. On average it probably happens less than 1 time a round & it's not like adv players haven't practiced that shot from different yardages or avoid it altogether. As for the flag on the meter, u may find some trads that use it a lot or even exclusively & they have the white & blue names over their head.

6. Default Re: High standards...

this debate is 2 years old give it a rest and has been rehashed so many times.
    if you are so unhappy with the style you use whos fault is it?

Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

It truly is a f*****g joke beyond all proportions that adv players have the rabbit/turtle ability in their locker! It's just not fair. Oh hang on wait:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gN70SPw-fU"]YouTube- Fortress Yard Albatross[/ame]

Oh and btw long distance Trad putting is a piece of p*** compared with adv. 2 aspects to each putt, line and length, trad takes the length out of the equation straight away 50% job done!

9. Default Re: High standards...

Quote Originally Posted by jleviathan View Post
    this debate is 2 years old give it a rest and has been rehashed so many times.
    if you are so unhappy with the style you use whos fault is it?
    Exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    Why don't u read the entire thread & my 1st post before u chime in. I didn't bash adv. The dude shot a -28 which is astounding no matter what but I wonder how many bs rabbits & turtles he hit to set up easy or easier eagles.
    Why don't you read the topic again before posting flippant remarks? The point of this thread is not the huge numbers, but how much better the play is in Japan and the high standards needed to keep up. If you hadn't noticed, there are some big scores on our server, but not as big as Japan. So, does that mean they're using adv and we're using trad?

Your initial post did not explain your reasoning for just saying, "U can blame a lot of this on advance." Blame what on adv? That Japan has much tougher competition? Your post looked like flamebait, intended to start the same tired conversation about how bad adv is for the game.

What I'm asking you to do is to keep your comments on adv vs trad posts on topic (or at least explain your reasoning instead of putting out flamebait) whenever you feel the need to issue the same old arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    Why As for the flag on the meter, u may find some trads that use it a lot or even exclusively & they have the white & blue names over their head.
    Way to go. Slamming your fellow trads now, too.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast