Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High standards...

1. Default Re: High standards...

Wow!

Default Re: High standards...

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    U can blame a lot of this on advance. Sorry but it's the truth.
    Well if that's the case, then explain the -26 Okinawa Alex Trad that was put up on the minna server awhile back

Quote Originally Posted by reeja19 View Post
    Well if that's the case, then explain the -26 Okinawa Alex Trad that was put up on the minna server awhile back
    Magic?

4. Default Re: High standards...

trad has advantages over advance especially your short approaches. Yes advance has the extra power but thats just the way clap hanz made it so why not take advantage of it? Can you blame the company for trying to be fresh and add something new to the game ? If you cant beat em join em ? or master trad like bgunner who can compete with any top player and keeps his advance bashing to a minimum

I wasn't bashing adv just stating the facts. When u can get 40 extra yards by executing a huge miss hit & get by without hitting a single pi there's gonna be some crazy scores. Compound that with the japs, being good, & having countless games under your belt. Btw trad has absolutely no advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLS34 View Post
    I wasn't bashing adv just stating the facts. When u can get 40 extra yards by executing a huge miss hit & get by without hitting a single pi there's gonna be some crazy scores. Compound that with the japs, being good, & having countless games under your belt. Btw trad has absolutely no advantage.

The easter event basically showed everyone the distinct advantages trad holds over advanced. Putting with trad is a joke, much easier than advanced... Also hitting in between shots, i.e 85% is much easier with trad... getting pi is also much easier with trad. so your statement is utter BS dude!

7. Default Re: High standards...

To each his/her own, only real advantage I see for trad players would be in a limited club tournament scenario, which, ironcially, does not exist (further evidence of a conspiracy!). The advantage is obviously that you see the flag icon on the linear trad meter so you know how far, approximately, you have to hit the ball. Kronzz eluded to that by mentioning short approaches.

A trad -26 @ Oki is sick, especially with Alex, I could see it being feasible for me with an expert character, as I have started -8 through 4 holes @ Oki, but with an intermediate which takes reaching the green on the drive on 1,3, and 10 out of picture, is ridonkulous.

I was actually thinking of getting Minna just becasue our server is so weak as of late, but getting all the DLC seems to be a huge pain, I thought for sure, at least in Japan, there would be a re-release of Minna as a greatest-hits title with the DLC already included. Oh well.
    Last edited by BGunner; 07-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.

The minna server is still humming along quite nicely, i've been playing there a lot again lately... The DLC does suck unless you can find some1 who will share, which i'm sure you could

9. Default Re: High standards...

Quote Originally Posted by reeja19 View Post
    The DLC does suck unless you can find some1 who will share, which i'm sure you could
    What do you mean share?

You've never heard of sharing DLC... well you get the email address and password from someone who purchased it, login to the PS Store using their account, and download the DLC for free. For each PSN account, you are allowed to share with up to 5 other people.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast