Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting There

1. Default Re: Getting There

Just one left! I beat Dino Park in improbable fashion, with chip-in birdies on 17 and 18. The 18th hole was especially crazy, since there was crazy left to right slope to deal with. But I guessed right!

Default Re: Getting There

Ula... you are racking those courses up pretty quick... it took me 3 months to get GoG, July 30th marked 2 years of OT2 golf
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/lilquilt/LinlikeLogan2.jpg

do I need to make a video about getting a solid -7 or above on fortress . well poppers and hikari can do that course better i think

4. Default Re: Getting There

Quote Originally Posted by bestcorner24 View Post
    Ula... you are racking those courses up pretty quick... it took me 3 months to get GoG, July 30th marked 2 years of OT2 golf
    Well, this is a kind of weird route I've taken.

I bought the game on May 27 2009. I played the challenge mode extensively and got my first four GOG norms in the process. In seven days I got to Wizard.

About a month later, I played online for the first time and saw "God of Golf". I had no idea what that was and assumed it was earned through extensive online play or some such. Then I went to GameFAQs and saw just how insane it was to get to GOG. I kind of gave up on the idea, though I was close enough to Superstar to go for it. So I got it on 8-31-09.

In the past three weeks I've gotten back into the game just to play online again. And I don't know why, but I felt like I could get to GOG. I guess my play this weekend confirms my belief.

Of course, I'll be one of the weaker GOGs in the world, comparing my play to all the great Japanese GOGs. But that's OK. For me, it's a big deal.

IMO, most of the JP GoGs are good but some are really insane, like PV (IDK where he is now lol).
    The most important thing is try to make 1 putt all the time, and long chip ins are also important because they counter more points.

When you play a tough course, believe your own putting route is critical. Slightly mis-believe may make a loss of your lead.

Title "2009 HSGOT2 Best Male Golfer" get door da se~!

6. Default Re: Getting There

I DID IT!!

It was the back nine at Fortress Yard on the long tees. The bad news was that I played the par fives at even par; the good news is that I was sticking my approaches on everything else. I had a ton of (relatively) easy putts on my way to the -6.

One bit of drama on #18. Bad drive forced me into laying way up on my second shot - therefore, #18 turned into a typical par #4, ie I needed to hit the green and two-putt to reach par instead of birdie. My third landed on the upslope - my birdie putt was 2.47 ft above the hole. (!) I barely touched it and I had about twelve feet coming back. Fortunately it was a pretty straight putt, and I hammered it to be sure it wouldn't lose steam before arriving. Par, -6 round, God of Golf achieved!

This was a lot of fun. The downside is that I will be a God of Golf finishing near the bottom during online play!

not really... if you can play the tough courses at -7 and above you will be no worse than 3rd; however, on the easier courses, you have to be perfect and sometimes better than perfect LOL

8. Default Re: Getting There

Well, I didn't play the tough courses at -7. I was on the long tees getting -6.

I wonder how old the other GoG's are. I'm 35.

I'm probably the only GoG without a double eagle, LOL.

-6 isnt that bad. its solid score, but just remember to treat the par 5's as automatic birdies

10. Default Re: Getting There

WRT the Superstar/GOG list, I'm bumping this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast