Thread: Golf Ball drop from helicopter

Default Golf Ball drop from helicopter

Every year the flight program I work at has a golf tournament at the Sanctuary to raise money. You are allowed to purchase a golf ball which they then drop (with all the others) from the helicopter before the tournament starts. The ball at the bottom of the hole then wins a prize, this year it was 2 airline tickets on American Airlines round trip to any destination in South America. Just thought I'd post this as it is something you don't see every day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEiKrqQD2aw"]YouTube- Sanctuary Golf Ball Drop.wmv[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo4ubp3scFo"][/ame]
    Last edited by Gaoler; 06-22-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Bad link to YouTube
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Default Re: Golf Ball drop from helicopter

What if there are several balls at the bottom of the hole? There's room for 2 or 3 before they stack...

It looks like it's a custom made hole, so probably only room for one at a time. Although then you'd have the possibility of no ball going into the hole. Just glad they're not using Big Cup, because then there would be room for all of them.

Cartman, in the case of more than one ball in the hole the one that is on the bottom is the one that wins.
    I never knew what true happiness was until I got married . . . then it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoler View Post
    Cartman, in the case of more than one ball in the hole the one that is on the bottom is the one that wins.
    I got that, my point was that a regular golf cup is big enough to have at least two balls (possibly three or four, haven't really tested it) side by side at the bottom. No way can you determine which one of those are the "lowest"...

Quote Originally Posted by cartman1337 View Post
    I got that, my point was that a regular golf cup is big enough to have at least two balls (possibly three or four, haven't really tested it) side by side at the bottom. No way can you determine which one of those are the "lowest"...
    If it was a side by side case, they might just flip a coin? I really couldn't say for sure.

Regulation cups can hold three golf balls with no stacking (with a pin in the cup).

I'm sure there's contingency for this or something they do to ensure only one person wins. Like most corporate disputes I'm sure this is settled by paper football matches, first to miss loses.