Thread: General Inquiry Re: Online

Default General Inquiry Re: Online

So I was in the online lobby for the first time last night and It looked like the majority of tournaments I could not enter.

I assume this is mostly because I dont have the two dl courses and none of the characters correct?

Would there also be some tourns I cant enter because I am still G3? I kept having to play in events with like 3 or 4 people that awarded no prizes ( I am guessing that is how you know if it counts towards rank)

Are my assumptions correct here? and if so how much is it to buy all the DLC?

Thanks

Default Re: General Inquiry Re: Online

Hi Tom, yes, your assumptions are correct. If you are G3, you can only play G3 or GF tours (GF are "grade free" and do not count towards your online tour stats or awards prizes). For prizes to be available (and tour stats to record) in G3 or above, you need at least 10 players to start the tour.

And as you surmised, you can only enter tours if you have the character and course unlocked/downloaded. Total cost of all DLC (except optional costume packages) is around $20. That's for G. Rex and Oceania courses, and Alex, Gloria, Kratos and Sackboy characters (Toro is free).
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

Thanks for the help

20 isnt bad considering I only paid 27 for the game.

Ive never done it before(psn store), do i just sign into psn from my ps3, then I can go to store and just buy it? Will the game automatically start downloading the new stuff the first time I run after purchase?

Hopefully it doesnt take as long as the three version Updates I had to DL to get online

Actually, the updates include all of the DLC. You just have to pay to unlock it. Just go to the PS Store and download/pay for the HSG add-ons (very small files since they are basically "keys"). When you download and install them, you will have the content once you go online in HSG (you won't see it offline until you go online first). Should take no time at all.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

Well that is good news, started dowloading the first of three versions like 2 weeks ago and after like 75 mins of waiting I was all excited to play and then it had to go and check the version and start a new download. Turned it off since it was already like 3 am and had to work, but finally sat through the second two while playing poker sunday.

Looking forward to gettting into some more tourns with 10+ players, and improving my rank