Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection Problem...

1. Default Connection Problem...

Hi all, I'm new to the board.

Anyway, went and picked up my PS3 after thinking about it for three years (I know) and the first and only game I got was HSG-OOB, was really excited about going online to play a few rounds when...

"Checking Version."
    "File download failed. Please wait a few moments then try again."

Obviously, I've waited and tried again after a few of those few moments, and it's not going anywhere...

FYI I am on a NAT1 connection with the PS3 CAT5'ed to the DSL modem, so I am totally confused as to why this is happening.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Connection Problem...

Welcome to the board and to the whole world of playstation network .. Trust me, you'll love it. until They rob you from your Heavy rain Pre-order DLC that is lol.

About your problem .. hmmm .. does that happen as soon as you click the button ? or after you've downloaded the updates ?
    Regardless of whichever the issue is, you should try resetting your internet connection and try again. Might work :/ ..

Could also be that something went wrong during the copy process that takes place from disc to drive when you first start the game. You could try to delete the game data from the PS3 and let it install again.

Hope you get it sorted. And welcome to the site.

Could be also that the server's were on maintenance. can't be bothered checking :P, but that's what happens when they are.

5. Default Re: Connection Problem...

I've tried connecting for the last 30hrs and it's failed every time. Every time I click "Online" it would go to "Checking Version" for 180 seconds, then the error message would show up...

I also tried removing the game from the HDD and reinstall as suggested, still no luck.

With a NAT1 connection, my only guess is that perhaps my IP (range) is blocked by the server? Is there any way I can find out?

This may help you with your problem.
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/C...1/m-p/33326178
    and from what read there (this is just a guess on my part) you need a NAT 2 connection.

7. Default Re: Connection Problem...

From what I understand about the way TCP/IP works, a NAT1 connection is in no way going to be worse than sitting on a NAT2... Does anyone know if there's a hotline or something I can call?

8. Default Re: Connection Problem...

Somebody? Anybody? Please?

9. Default Re: Connection Problem...

I wonder if your internet got disconnected during the download. I know, it happened to me the first time I tried. Your internet may have had a connection problem, if not, then idk what the problem is.

Dude, Call your ISP , i'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you with technical issues.

Just tell 'em "MY PS3 AINT WORKIN!" and they'll be on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast