Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Tee 2 Online

Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

[quote author=TNJJ link=topic=87.msg18638#msg18638 date=1234053430]
    Last week, I had some not so good G0 tourneys but never quit. I had several tourneys where I was in 1st or 2nd where several had already quit and before the 9h ended, the last person I was playing quit, which, of course, ended the game. When I hit my 10th tourney end (evaluation time), I was demoted back to G1 from G0. I know I had not played that bad to get demoted!!!

I've been wracking my brain since this happened to try and figure out why this happened and the only thing that I can think of is it was a combination of several things: Placing lower than 1st (except in 1 match) and matches ending prematurely because every player either DC'd or quit. It still counted as tourneys entered even though I never got credit for my final score place.
    [/quote]

that goes to show that quitters ruin games...and grades...
    my only advice is to play in big tourneys and als oplay with anyone u know from this site

also seeing that u lost ur G0 status because of a quitter pretty much tells me that others will suffer this fate...even me....
    "You like? Were you watching? *giggles*"-Gloria- HSG OT2/OOB

2. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

yeah thats very unfortunate on tnjj's part

[quote author=ZeroxGT link=topic=87.msg18640#msg18640 date=1234053903]
    [quote author=TNJJ link=topic=87.msg18638#msg18638 date=1234053430]
    Last week, I had some not so good G0 tourneys but never quit. I had several tourneys where I was in 1st or 2nd where several had already quit and before the 9h ended, the last person I was playing quit, which, of course, ended the game. When I hit my 10th tourney end (evaluation time), I was demoted back to G1 from G0. I know I had not played that bad to get demoted!!!

I've been wracking my brain since this happened to try and figure out why this happened and the only thing that I can think of is it was a combination of several things: Placing lower than 1st (except in 1 match) and matches ending prematurely because every player either DC'd or quit. It still counted as tourneys entered even though I never got credit for my final score place.
    [/quote]

that goes to show that quitters ruin games...and grades...
    my only advice is to play in big tourneys and als oplay with anyone u know from this site

also seeing that u lost ur G0 status because of a quitter pretty much tells me that others will suffer this fate...even me....
    [/quote]

Well, it didn't take me long to get my G0 status back...I was so mad that I had it back by the next day.

thats great TNJJ
    but still...should we have to sit here and get back something that we lost due to quitters?
    i know when i was a G1 it took me forever to make it to G0( until ghost put me on his 12-step program lol ;D).

and im not much of a moning person so it would take me logner to get there...and i for one dont wanna sit here days on in to get my status back
    "You like? Were you watching? *giggles*"-Gloria- HSG OT2/OOB

5. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

since we cant to anything about quitters just try not to let it bother u.i tell u i really defeat the odds.i can tell u how many wins i have with me and just one other guy.just today i shot -12 on south alps and some guy from france stuck it out for me!

I never quit an online game, even if I have a terrible score, I still play till the end.

They should do something about the quitters because I can't count how many times I could have won a tournament but didn't because of a quitter.

I know this could be a problem but they should group players by how far they are in challenge mode, most of my problems occurred when I face a player as low as HSG Certified Level 2. I'm at certified Golf Wizard and have completed challenge mode including black rank, so when they see that I'm a decent player using a character with high stats and winning they're more inclined to quit rather then go through with it.

Because of that I'm surprised I even managed to reach G2.
    They must of had a huge lag 2000 years ago. It took Jesus three days to respawn.

PSN: Craig_Goulart OT2: Craig

I tell you 1 thing, Craig G, I even met a HSG level 5 in G0, but he seldom quits in game. He does give pressure to everyone and ranks in the middle of the room.

So, never afraid of losing, only afraid of quitting (DCs) and get demoted.

Title "2009 HSGOT2 Best Male Golfer" get door da se~!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagorianKnight View Post
    I'm at certified Golf Wizard and have completed challenge mode including black rank, so when they see that I'm a decent player using a character with high stats and winning they're more inclined to quit rather then go through with it.
    The secret is to start poorly (no better than par on the first few holes and throw some bogeys in if they start bogeying). And then slowly get your game on. Win on the last hole or two, or don't win at all if you just need to complete some more tours. I think you only need a few wins out of 10 to promote. This method is a terrible necessity sometimes.

What Clap Hanz should have done was let you finish and get the win if there was at least one person left still playing with you around the two-thirds part of the tour (e.g., after hole 6 on a 9H tour). That would be most fair, I think. Would discourage cheating (collusion) but at the same time deservedly reward you for good play.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

You don't even need a win. I am not sure what the formula is but I tried out getting alot of 2nds and that worked as well.

Don't even start out poorly. The key is watch your opponent and always let them be 1 stroke away from you so there is an illusion they can win. I used this strategy alot to rack up many wins. I have triple putted before at 6 feet before just to keep people in the game

10. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

I quit about as often when I'm winning as when I'm losing. This may say something about my skill, but it probably says more about how often I watch the battery level. I do sometimes quit matches when I'm losing badly by 4+ strokes, especially in an 18h game, but I try to do it only when there's more than enough other people to carry on the tourny. (Hey Griffin I don't know what happened last night, I just was stuck on the hole results screen without losing connection or freezing somehow.)

I just wish the tournament could still go on with one player, and just act like solo mode. Too bad :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast