Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Tee 2 Online

Default Open Tee 2 Online

What I would love to see is getting rid of someone quitting a game and it counts against you and the game ends.

They really need to fix that feature because it hurts honest people.

2. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

I've always been a fan of penalties for people who quit tournaments early. Like if you have more than a 15% quit rate (cause that rules out those with just bad connections) then you can't earn rewards or rankings from tournaments until your quit rate goes below that 15% again.

3. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

I didn't play the game online as of yet, but I can tell players quit because they just can't stand losing. ??? It's really a big problem in all online video games. There's nothing we can do about it, but just play untill the end.

Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

That's the thing you wouldn't know yet.

If you are playing someone else online and they quit, the game ends. So if you are winning and they decide to quit you both leave the tournament. And it counts against your rankings so not only do u suffer for not getting a win, it counts as a game played too.

5. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

Ouch!

6. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

i always thought the same thing, and what i noticed with the leavers is theyre usually good players (superstars or gods) who have 1 bad hole, id be a bold face liar if i said i never missed a putt and shut the psp off(or almost smash the system against a wall), but with almost 400 online games played it happened MAYBE 3 times. and whats even worse is if them guys play the whole 9 or 18 holes theres a really good chance theyll win cause ive had some god awful games, stuk it out and placed 1st(and im not that good at all)so im all for penalizing leavers, perhaps after so many leaves kick them down a grade???

after a certain amount of leaves (percentagte wise) a person should be banned for a couple of hours or even a day or two. That would keep people from quitting frequently.
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/lilquilt/LinlikeLogan2.jpg

8. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

[quote author=Roughdawg4 link=topic=87.msg798#msg798 date=1218320077]
    What I would love to see is getting rid of someone quitting a game and it counts against you and the game ends.

They really need to fix that feature because it hurts honest people.
    [/quote]

I think the best way to fix that is to make it invisible. Have the drop count as a loss for the dropper. Have the dropped character keep on playing but taken over by computer AI. Maybe there is some problem with that but it could work I think.

Personal anecdote: Once I shot a personal best -8 on Dino Park (a lot of luck involved) and it was down to me and the second place finisher who had a -4 (pretty respectable). Three or four people had already dropped. The round was finished and counting down and a few seconds before "Photo Time" the second place finisher dropped. What? Maybe his battery ran out right then. I was still connected. That really sucked because the score was erased.

9. Default Re: Open Tee 2 Online

i would love that too.but it would be hard to determine a honest disconnect vs a st8 up quitter.best case scenario would be lose ur G0 status with 3 disconnects per evaluation

Last week, I had some not so good G0 tourneys but never quit. I had several tourneys where I was in 1st or 2nd where several had already quit and before the 9h ended, the last person I was playing quit, which, of course, ended the game. When I hit my 10th tourney end (evaluation time), I was demoted back to G1 from G0. I know I had not played that bad to get demoted!!!

I've been wracking my brain since this happened to try and figure out why this happened and the only thing that I can think of is it was a combination of several things: Placing lower than 1st (except in 1 match) and matches ending prematurely because every player either DC'd or quit. It still counted as tourneys entered even though I never got credit for my final score place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast