Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question on caddies...

Philadelphia (what, like you're so special?!)

Default A question on caddies...

Does the choice of caddy make a difference in the quality of advice you receive about the read of a green, or other aspects? I like Trent's accent, but his advice is so bad, I may have to have him executed.

Can someone let me know...for Trent's sake? ;D
    "Night of falling stars.
    Blasted into tiny bits.
    The whale soars the sky"

Default Re: A question on caddies...

I don't think it matters. No matter what -- their advice is basically computer generated. You shoudl NOT listen to them. Use your OWN knowledge to make decisions.

Pick your caddy based on which one annoys you the least. That's what I do.

For the love of all things golfy, (lol) do NOT listen to your caddy.

"Downhill" the caddy tells you --- because the putt STARTS heading downhil, but the overall is .43 UPhill. (etc) That kind of stuff happens a lot. Listening to their advice can prove detrimental to your game.

I'd ignore them entirely.

(But i use Clark, because he amuses me when he says "ROLLING RIGHT!" "Lets have some funnnnnn" lol)

3. Default Re: A question on caddies...

yes bonnie is by far the best, most of my great youtube shots seem to happen with her as caddy, may well be something to with her being scottish

but you should listen to your caddy for sure, it makes a difference for left and right , donwhill or uphill is obvious but caddies can help make your mind up on double break putts where your undecided..........

the most important part is when the caddy says nothing when you have a putt.......just hit it
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=3875

SONY sunday fun nights click to join, no ones up their own a55

Okay. I wasn't sure since their backstories say "trainee" or really experienced, etc. and thought that mattered

Too bad there isn't an option to turn that off. I'll let Trent live...for now, hehe, and just focus on reading greens better.
    "Night of falling stars.
    Blasted into tiny bits.
    The whale soars the sky"

And Clint,

I may have to use Bonnie as well, since I am also Scottish (or Scottish-American, rather) ...

My issue seems to come up when it comes to determining a lateral slope, rather then a uphill-downhill slope.

"Night of falling stars.
    Blasted into tiny bits.
    The whale soars the sky"

Yeah trainee experienced... I'd be interested in finding out if the "experienced" ones actually offer better advice... But...

what yoU DO see relating to caddies, in tours, etc,.. are comments made by ppl who are mad because the caddy told them wrong info. LOL.

I always laugh at that. Definately learn to read the green better. Make your OWN judgement calls And if you need help with yoru golfing, putting etc ---

Check out our OOB Guides --- Under tips and tricks, there is a lot of great information about putting that might help you.

And once yuo've read through that -- if you'd like even more extensive help, sign up for one of our pro clinics. We have many "ooh, high level golfer"s signed up, all with a proven track record in g0 tours, ready to offer one-on-one training sessions.

So many great people ready to help share their info You can't beat that! And its free! LOL how awesome is THAT?

Check them out! :-)

7. Default Re: A question on caddies...

RINA or CLARK

The caddies in OB are somewhat more helpful than the ones in Fore!

9. Default Re: A question on caddies...

caddies generally get it right, uphill/downhill you dont need help, if its red numbers its uphill if its blue its downhill.

left to right and vice versa are obvious but its the double break ones that i listen too the caddy, if i am undecided i will generally go with whatever they say .

95% of the time you will make up your own mind but the caddy does help so in general you should listen to them
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=3875

SONY sunday fun nights click to join, no ones up their own a55

Deleted due to flagrant impatience
    "Night of falling stars.
    Blasted into tiny bits.
    The whale soars the sky"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast